Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24874 times)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
If the Canadians can kill their long gun registry with noncompliance, we can, too.

:thumbsup:

Thoreau had the solution to Trudeau.  Just say "No."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline thackney

So we should turn our schools into armed camps?

Having an unknown few armed is hardly an armed camp.

Just the public knowledge that some are trained and may be armed is a real deterrent.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Nikolas Cruz's lawyer stood up in court today and said that Cruz feels the pain of the families affected by the shooting.

Countdown to Resignation

Offline Suppressed

You forgot the Ninth Amendment:

Read again, pardner. 

I didn't forget it at all.  I'm pointing out that others seem to be.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Axeslinger

I've noticed lawyers tend to have this overblown sense of self value, that people will just drop everything and do what their Lawyers, Legislatures, cops and Judges tell them to do.  There are something like 350 Million guns in this country.  How many do you suppose would get registered and insured if the lawyers in this thread ever get their way?  Couple million, maybe?  Any more than that would likely overwhelm whatever records system they have. 

The number of mysterious boating accidents and lawn landscaping jobs would skyrocket.

No offense....but I HATE these comments about boating accidents, etc.

If it’s time to claim the boating accident nonsense, it’s time to USE them.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Exactly.

But will we?

There are enough of these types who are advocating our incremental surrender who believe that those who refuse and resist registration, licensing and confiscation orders - will easily get the Waco treatment and problem solved in terms of the State getting rid of society's 'undesirables'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Having an unknown few armed is hardly an armed camp.

Just the public knowledge that some are trained and may be armed is a real deterrent.

:amen:

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

None taken...but since we are not an organized unit, I think it's reasonable to let people come to their own decisions about when it's appropriate and prudent to dig up their caches.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:18:58 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Lando Lincoln

Suspect confessed to school shooting, had more ammo in backpack: report
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/374119-suspect-confessed-to-school-shooting-had-more-ammo-in-backpack

Thanks for keeping us on track, myst.  We need to know as much as we can about this event and the perpetrator. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That’s such a facetious point I’m surprised you would even bother to make it.  If this kid had been limited to a knife, 17 people, mostly kids, would not now be dead.
Bullshiite! If He had a car all he would have hd to do is wait for dismissal and he could have accomplished the same thing, there is nothing facetious about what I wrote cars and trucks have already been used quite effectively, and all you have to do is watch a school dismissal to see how a sick individual could do it. And pretty sure that there have been knife attacks that racked up large numbers.

Offline NavyCanDo

I know it's no going to sit well with some, and I hope that they  can participate in a civil adult point counter point, but based on what I read so far, I doubt it. As an NRA member and gun owner (even the deadly black ones) he should not have been able to purchase a gun at his age.  I have no issue with a 21 one and older requirement. If the gun is for hunting, competition, or plinking a parent should be buying it and own the responsibility for any misuse. At 21 the gun can transfer ownership.  I would support a 21 and over law.  Fire away.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I know it's no going to sit well with some, and I hope that they  can participate in a civil adult point counter point, but based on what I read so far, I doubt it. As an NRA member and gun owner (even the deadly black ones) he should not have been able to purchase a gun at his age.  I have no issue with a 21 one and older requirement. If the gun is for hunting, competition, or plinking a parent should be buying it and own the responsibility for any misuse. At 21 the gun can transfer ownership.  I would support a 21 and over law.  Fire away.

Nope, I agree with you.  Likewise, voting should go back up to 21, and you should have to purchase your own insurance at 21.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

How would you feel about an age req exclusion for those in the Military?

IF, (yeah, i know, If is a fantasy) we hadn't lost the Culture Wars ages ago the issue of Age of ownership would be moot.

So I don't have any easy, satisfying answer to your suggestion @NavyCanDo

To really dig up the root of this murderous rot is gonna require rebuilding family, faith, and getting the grubbermint's hands off the throat of our public indoctrination camps/schools.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

I can think of three reasons off the top of my head....Dylan Roof, James Holmes, and Jared Loughner.  I doubt they were any more or less crazy in their early 20s than they were at 18 and they were probably just as weird when kids.  The age is an arbitrary reason to explain what happened. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:31:06 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Okay, I will.

There is nothing more dangerous than a loaded legislature. Yet you would have an 18 year-old vote, even though you would deny them the RKBA.

The problem isn't the tool, it's the way youth are being raised. They live in a media environment saturated with violence, from music to movies to television. Yet the experts say to 'use their words' (as long as they are on the approved list), don't allow them limited unarmed conflict to resolve their issues and the normal social and individual development that comes with that (nothing teaches a feel for what the other person feels like a bloody nose or fat lip of your own), ply them with psychoactive drugs when they have difficulty, and expect them to come out of that pipeline all normal and well adjusted?
Instead, blame the tool they choose when they lose it, medicated or not, and finally act out on the only other alternative they have been exposed to in ll that media--murder--because a simple dustup isn't in the picture any more. Frankly, with the options presented in media, and with the abject frustration of years of dealing with a bureaucracy that often makes unreasonable demands and less well reasoned, even petty decisions about children's futures, I am surprised there is not more of this crap.
That is what is ridiculous.

What MAOI or SSRI was this kid taking, anyway?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Okay, I will.

There is nothing more dangerous than a loaded legislature. Yet you would have an 18 year-old vote, even though you would deny them the RKBA.

The problem isn't the tool, it's the way youth are being raised. They live in a media environment saturated with violence, from music to movies to television. Yet the experts say to 'use their words' (as long as they are on the approved list), don't allow them limited unarmed conflict to resolve their issues and the normal social and individual development that comes with that (nothing teaches a feel for what the other person feels like a bloody nose or fat lip of your own), ply them with psychoactive drugs when they have difficulty, and expect them to come out of that pipeline all normal and well adjusted?
Instead, blame the tool they choose when they lose it, medicated or not, and finally act out on the only other alternative they have been exposed to in ll that media--murder--because a simple dustup isn't in the picture any more. Frankly, with the options presented in media, and with the abject frustration of years of dealing with a bureaucracy that often makes unreasonable demands and less well reasoned, even petty decisions about children's futures, I am surprised there is not more of this crap.

What MAOI or SSRI was this kid taking, anyway?

I'm in full agreement with every word of this!  Well done @Smokin Joe .
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

That he is wiser than just about everybody else here? 

You can't ignore the demands of the community to do something about the current madness.  The task of the responsible conservative is to make sure the coming restrictions are reasonable and efficacious, and consistent with the natural right of self defense protected by the Second Amendment.   But forcing one's head firmly in the sand won't stop the wind from blowing.   And, as Oceander rightly says, it will just allow the left to rule the field.   
Ok, assuming you and the other guy are such authorities on the matter, please relay why we did not get all this outstanding legislation you want right after Sandy Hook when the Dems had control of Senate and Presidency?

Why?   Because Americans do not want it, and the Dems knew better.

Yet you wish the conservatives to begin legislation which the majority of Americans will rebel against.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:18:11 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline aligncare

Agree. Different society today. There are subcultures that celebrate nihilism, psyches conditioned by violent video games. The constitution never could have imagined children surfing the internet on their phones.

Offline NavyCanDo

Sheriff: Suspect went to Subway, McDonald's after school shooting
http://thehill.com/homenews/news/374139-sheriff-suspect-went-to-subway-and-mcdonalds-after-school-shooting

The COWARD wanted to live another day. Even wore a school sweatshirt to blend in in his escape. To bad he got his wish.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Victoria33

Florida AG Pam Bondi: State of Florida Will Pay for Funerals of High School Shooting Victims
http://thegatewaypundit.com/2018/02/florida-ag-pam-bondi-state-florida-will-pay-funerals-high-school-shooting-victims-video/
@mystery-ak

I have been gone today and am catching up on this thread.  My Bob's granddaughter, she is 18, a high school senior in Ohio, and proficient with guns, including an AR15, but this is not about her; it is about her school.  It is a large school, all outside doors are locked; there is only one entrance a person can go through, but each person approaching the door, is only admitted if the gun toting guard unlocks the door.  I heard today this killer had his AR15 type gun in a gun case when he went inside the school.  He would not have gotten in the granddaughter's school.  Every school needs to do this.

Bullshit.   Requiring car owners to register and insure their vehicles isn't "taking their cars away". With rights come responsibilities.   Guns are useful, like cars, and exceedingly dangerous just like cars.   

The Second Amendment absolutists are losing all credibility.   The community wants gun ownership to coincide with responsibility,  and there's nothing unreasonable nor unconstitutional about that.   The community will get what it demands, one way or the other.   Care to be part of the solution, or just another mewling fool demanding his "freedom" to be selfish?
A 'Requirement' to register cars does not mean all cars are registered, does it?  Will be the same way with guns registration.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

This again, is a consequence of a society that has rejected and abandoned biblical morality being taught and expected to be followed in society.   You know, that stuff that our resident hedonist and Leftist says is bigotry and intolerance.  These horrors are the natural harvests and results of seeds sown by a people who have rejected what our foundational principles were and replaced them what Godless Leftists have taught them to value instead.   In place of our cultural norms, has been 50 years of promoting a secular no-holds-barred, self-desire morality that teaches the abandonment of responsibility for self and instant gratification with empowering government and societal institutions to take over the responsibility of raising and teaching our posterity sans God.

These fruits are the judgment we have brought upon ourselves as a people.

And as often happens with a people who have forgotten God, instead of repenting and returning to those principles that once sustained and preserved liberty on these shores, we blame inanimate objects, global warming, White privilege, Hate speech and the Second Amendment for calamity.

Instead of using common sense to identify the root cause of our dissolving civil society, we double down on empowering government to eradicate a people's ability to defend themselves so as to put everyone at the mercy of the criminal and the state, both of which are often one and the same.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Guns aren't responsible for violence.  But they sure do facilitate violence.  It's your right to protect your home and hearth by owning a gun (or guns).   But it is the community's right to demand that legal ownership include licensure, registration and insurance, just as everyone accepts with respect to cars.
I have never seen any gun I own get violent or urge someone to get violent.

You are on the wrong track believing inanimate objects are the cause of problems.

And this 'community' crap is just that, crap.

We do not run our society or government with 'Communities'.

I don't care one iota about Community or Community Organizers.