Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24825 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

There is a trend lately that any shooting or terrorist attack was on the FBI's radar yet nothing was ever done about it.

And let’s not forget the parents who had to know why he was not aloud to bring a backpack and later kicked out. They had the gun in locked cabinet which is NOT a safe. They did not take reasonable precautions to prevent this troubled kid to get his hand on it. The same situation with the Sandy Hook killer.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:22:56 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline dfwgator

There's not one law that would have made a damn bit of difference.

And the Left will never be satisfied until they get complete gun confiscation.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
He stole the gun from the gun safe where he was living.

If someone had told the people living there that he had threatened to shoot up a school, my guess is they would have removed the guns.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
And let’s not forget the parents who had to know why he was not aloud to bring a backpack and later kicked out. They had the gun in locked cabinet which is NOT a safe. They did not take reasonable precautions to prevent this troubled kid to get his hand on it. The same situation with the Sandy Hook killer.

Foxnews said he had a key.   

Regardless, the adoptive parents (dad really as the mom had died) could have stopped him from getting that gun.   They probably couldn't have stopped him from getting A gun.

Law enforcement could have.   He had made threats to shoot up the school already, which is a crime.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
  @Oceander @Jazzhead @txradioguy

Would you have had the same casualty rate with that homemade single-shot weapon, @driftdiver?

The point of many gun grabbers isn't that restrictions would prevent it all...but that they could make events less deadly.  Unless you realize that's a point being made, then you're looking clueless to much of the population who wonders why these aren't "common sense" restrictions.

And the people intent on taking out a large amount of people will simple switch to another weapon.  That's what the "common sense" people fail to understand.

England banned guns...killers switched to knives to commit murder.  Now England is considering putting a limit on the length of blade a people can own and at what age they can own it.

What's going to happen when the people who are hell bent on committing mass murders start switching to 18 wheelers and large box trucks to drive down the street mowing down any and all in their path?

Do we start coming up with "common sense" big rig and rental van laws?

And the one question no one that is on here proposing "common sense" gun laws will answer and is flat out REFUSING to answer...is what would one more law added to the 20,000 already on the books from the city to the federal level do to prevent something like this?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

There have been a number of school attacks in China over the last few years, but where a knife was used.  Some of them have been pretty effective, unfortunately.  I think they go after younger kids because it's easier to harm them.
These cowards are going for high casualty rates. If Semi Autos are banned they would switch to pipe bombs or pressure cooker bombs. The information on how to make black powder and ANFO is all over the internet and the ingredients are available with a trip to any hardware and drug store. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Concerned

From another thread:

It was his gun that he had legally bought as confirmed by the ATF.  BTW -- Lewis is the attorney representing the family he was living with:

Cruz already owned the AR-15 rifle when he moved in with his friend’s family, Lewis said, noting that he was told that Cruz had bought it legally. “It was his gun. He had brought it to the house when he moved in. It was secured in a gun cabinet in the house, but he had the key to it. I believe it was secured in his room,” Lewis said. The family had not seen Cruz shooting the AR-15 since he moved in.

Authorities confirmed that Cruz bought the AR-15 himself, and so far it is the only gun that has been recovered as part of the investigation, said Peter J. Forcelli, special agent in charge of the Miami field division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

“He purchased the firearm legally,” Forcelli said in an interview Thursday morning. “No laws were broken in his acquisition of the firearm.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/02/15/florida-shooting-suspect-nikolas-cruz-guns-depression-and-a-life-in-free-fall/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_cruz-profile-533am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.c8f20da02229
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

That he is wiser than just about everybody else here? 

You can't ignore the demands of the community to do something about the current madness.  The task of the responsible conservative is to make sure the coming restrictions are reasonable and efficacious, and consistent with the natural right of self defense protected by the Second Amendment.   But forcing one's head firmly in the sand won't stop the wind from blowing.   And, as Oceander rightly says, it will just allow the left to rule the field.   

On the contrary, it is those hollering about new laws who are reacting emotionally.

Rational people understand that more laws, like the 'gun-free schools law', will never solve this problem.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:42:05 pm by skeeter »

Offline skeeter

These cowards are going for high casualty rates. If Semi Autos are banned they would switch to pipe bombs or pressure cooker bombs. The information on how to make black powder and ANFO is all over the internet and the ingredients are available with a trip to any hardware and drug store.

Or use fertilizer & diesel fuel.

Failing that, just pull the fire alarm and drive your Tacoma through the halls at 40 MPH.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Banning semi autos would simply make it harder to get one, not impossible. Heroin is banned but you can still get it easily.

It would relatively easy to bring fully auto AK's over the border with immigrants.
Countdown to Resignation

Oceander

@Oceander
Cut n paste eh

Gun control doesn't work.  Rational people know it.

Stop living in fear

I’m not the one living in fear.  I’m simply warning all and sundry of what’s coming down the pike.  If you don’t do anything, then you’ll have nobody to blame but yourself when your guns are seized in a few years. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The media has GOT to stop the way they cover these shootings.

Updates should be on the hour and words like "monster", "murderer", "evil", "death penalty" should be repeated often.

Stop with the press conferences, stop with the interviews .... stop acting like the world has stopped because of this.

In a month's time our "leaders" can let us know what they've uncovered and how they propose incorporating the findings into into an action plan.  Let us decide if we agree.

Stop glorifying this.  They're not heroes.  They're sick, effed up misfits.

Offline mountaineer

I’m not the one living in fear.  I’m simply warning all and sundry of what’s coming down the pike.  If you don’t do anything, then you’ll have nobody to blame but yourself when your guns are seized in a few years.
I don't believe you answered me. Do WHAT? What are you doing?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline driftdiver

@mountaineer

Something "reasonable"

Offline skeeter

Updates should be on the hour and words like "monster", "murderer", "evil", "death penalty" should be repeated often.

Stop with the press conferences, stop with the interviews .... stop acting like the world has stopped because of this.

In a month's time our "leaders" can let us know what they've uncovered and how they propose incorporating the findings into into an action plan.  Let us decide if we agree.

My kids' high school let all the kids out of class for an afternoon so they could commiserate upon the suicide of one of their classmates.

I thought that was a particularly stupid way to react to the tragedy.

Kinda the same mindset here. The media has to get smarter about how they cover these things, as law enforcement needs to change the way they go about preventing them. The tools are already there.

Offline driftdiver

My kids' high school let all the kids out of class for an afternoon so they could commiserate upon the suicide of one of their classmates.

I thought that was a particularly stupid way to react to the tragedy.

Kinda the same mindset here. The media has to get smarter about how they cover these things, as law enforcement needs to change the way they go about preventing them. The tools are already there.

Thats a horrible idea.  good grief someone get that school a brain

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
My view, is this all starts when one takes God out of schools. Maybe those laws need to be refined, I'm not saying the 10 commandments need to be on the wall and every child has to pray but there is surely, a median.

Oceander

Stop pretending that you can maintain the status quo by claiming helplessness in the face of repeated school massacres undertaken with firearms. 

There will be new laws on guns; you can either participate in how they’re written and stave off, say, outright seizure, but have to agree to some more restrictions, or you can do nothing and cry in your tea when liberals enact gun seizure laws. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
If only he had been armed.

If only he had been armed? Honestly, we don't know all of the facts here, there might have been someone armed in the school and it did not help the situation. There were 4,000 students in the school, 17 died. Without full building security, we don't know if one armed teacher could have protected everyone, you would need a dozen or so.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

There is some truth in what you're saying, but punishment is also a problem.  FL has the death penalty, but it'll be years of psychological study and appeals before he gets a needle.  There was a time when someone clearly guilty like this would be tried and hung within days.  There's your cure for the celebritized mass murderer.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 04:19:42 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online corbe

Just my humble observation:  I really try and stay away from the mass shooting threads because it's such a reminder as to the depths our society can reach for whatever reason, including mental illness.  With that being said, I skimmed this thread this morning and realized again that even some esteemed Briefers that I always enjoy conversing with can go off the rails when this kind of $hit happens, further proving everyone handles grief differently.  Thank You for allowing me to vent, also. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline driftdiver

If only he had been armed? Honestly, we don't know all of the facts here, there might have been someone armed in the school and it did not help the situation. There were 4,000 students in the school, 17 died. Without full building security, we don't know if one armed teacher could have protected everyone, you would need a dozen or so.

@TomSea
This teacher/coach and security guard (yes he was working as a security guard at that moment) was shot protecting students.   If he had been armed instead of just stopping bullets with his body he could have stopped the shooter.

yes you would need mutliple people to actually provide true security.   But if people like him know theres the possibility of return fire they will be less likely to attack in the first place.  And if they do then someone might be in a position to stop them.

Offline driftdiver

There's not one law that would have made a damn bit of difference.

And the Left will never be satisfied until they get complete gun confiscation.

@dfwgator
I agree with your post but just wanted to note that leftists are ok with guns.  As long as the guns are controlled by the govt and being used to enforce the lefts ideas.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

There will be new laws on guns; you can either participate in how they’re written and stave off, say, outright seizure, but have to agree to some more restrictions, or you can do nothing and cry in your tea when liberals enact gun seizure laws.

Well I have to agree but I just don't know what new law would have prevented this...

Repub's need to be a part of this upcoming discussion...and not let the hysteria take control and demand more gun laws that will not work or harm us all.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34