Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24799 times)

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Baltimore and Chicago have high rates of gun violence in part because any yo-yo who wants to can buy a gun in one of the permissive states and bring it across state lines and into the city.  Their gun control laws are ineffective in large part because they cannot control the importation of guns into the city from out of state.

You need a better analogy.

Maybe they should ban people from buying guns out of state and bringing them into the city
So if we restrict guns in other states, how will you stop guns from coming across the Mexican border? You are making the argument that you can't stop people from getting guns if they want them.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Baltimore and Chicago have high rates of gun violence in part because any yo-yo who wants to can buy a gun in one of the permissive states and bring it across state lines and into the city.  Their gun control laws are ineffective in large part because they cannot control the importation of guns into the city from out of state.

You need a better analogy.

@Oceander
So predictable.   If the guns coming from the "permissive states" are the problem why isn't there a lot of gun crime in those "permissive states" ?

Importation control eh,  now you are clamoring for checkpoints and govt searches for interstate travel.  Its already illegal to buy a gun in another state without going thru an FFL.    Oh by the way most of the gun related murders in chicago are related to gang activity (illegal) or convicted felons with a gun (illegal) or underage people with a gun (illegal).

Better get your safe place,  rational people are tired of what the leftist ideas have brought upon this nation.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I support a registration and  insurance regime for legal gun ownership

What about illegal gun ownership? That seems to be more of the problem, especially in this case.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline driftdiver

I don't know enough about the facts of this case to propose anything specific.  And I have no problem whatsoever with a person owning a gun to protect himself and his family. 

More generally,  I support a registration and  insurance regime for legal gun ownership,  similar to what we require with cars.   A lawful driver must carry insurance - typically no-fault insurance - that pays the medical bills of those harmed by the dangerous implement he chooses to own.   I don't have time this morning to go into how a registration/insurance regime would work for guns, but I've written about it before.   I'm not interested in feel-good laws that aren't efficacious.   But if you want to own a gun,  then be willing take responsibility for the damage it may cause.     

@Jazzhead
How would a license and insurance have stopped this?

You say you're against feel good laws and then propose two of em.    BTW, he is being held responsible for this.  He's in jail.   Being held responsible doesn't bring back 17 people, nor would a license or insurance.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Jazzhead
How would a license and insurance have stopped this?

You say you're against feel good laws and then propose two of em.    BTW, he is being held responsible for this.  He's in jail.   Being held responsible doesn't bring back 17 people, nor would a license or insurance.

And has already been pointed out...not having insurance...registration and a drivers license doesn't stop people from driving a car without punishment every single day of the year.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
New Orleans and some other cities actually have higher murder rates than Chicago. It is because Chicago is so huge, one hears about it. There are a number of factors at play in these figures. This is an old map, so one started hearing about Chicago more starting about 10 years ago.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

True enough - but you will behold that cars are not manufactured for the purpose of killing - even though they kill far more people in this country than guns ever have.

We should apply similar silly arguments the Left makes with guns over vehicles.  Due the result of so many fatalities, we cannot ignore the crisis of vehicular deaths in this country therefore the proposed reasonable restrictions are offered: While driving is a privilege and not a right - we think no one needs a car because there is public transportation available and we have to cut down on global warming; the government should regulate what kind of car you are permitted to purchase and own with a 30 day waiting period before being allowed to get behind the wheel; mandated insurance before you can drive it under police supervision;  there is absolutely no need whatsoever for the general public to own assault trucks and self-driving automatic SUVs - we have professional truckers and utility companies that are the only ones who should be permitted to operate those; keys to your vehicle will need to be kept under lock and key at your local police station; and absolutely no person should be permitted to own a car if children under 26 live in the home, that is a form of child abuse and an inherent danger to every child in the neighborhood.
People mostly possess guns not for killing, but to keep from being killed.

Cars are completely different kettle.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

This pretty well sums it up for me.
Nice pic.

And welcome to GBR.
@oldno7
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

New Orleans and some other cities actually have higher murder rates than Chicago. It is because Chicago is so huge, one hears about it. There are a number of factors at play in these figures. This is an old map, so one started hearing about Chicago more starting about 10 years ago.

@TomSea

Which merely goes to show that its not the guns, but the people.

BTW most murders in Chicago are on the South side.   Map here

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20161228/garfield-park/shootings-chicago-homicide-2016-spike

@Oceander
So predictable.  If the guns coming from the "permissive states" are the problem why isn't there a lot of gun crime in those "permissive states" ?

Importation control eh,  now you are clamoring for checkpoints and govt searches for interstate travel.  Its already illegal to buy a gun in another state without going thru an FFL.    Oh by the way most of the gun related murders in chicago are related to gang activity (illegal) or convicted felons with a gun (illegal) or underage people with a gun (illegal).

Better get your safe place,  rational people are tired of what the leftist ideas have brought upon this nation.
When was the last time a gun dealer was held up at gunpoint?

There are a few on this forum who fervently wish to erode our freedoms.

Most Americans since our country's founding know that freedom has a cost.

To succumb to the siren song of more restrictions on freedom is most certainly not the solution.

Offline mountaineer

Nikolas Cruz Was Reported to FBI As Potential School Shooter in September (Screenshot of Threat)
February 15, 2018 by Cassandra Fairbanks

Nikolas Cruz, the suspect in Wednesday’s horrific massacre at a Florida high school, was allegedly reported to the FBI in September after he left a comment on a bail bondsman’s YouTube channel saying that he was going to be a “professional school shooter.”

The former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School had previously been expelled for disciplinary problems prior to the mass shooting that left 17 people dead.

In a YouTube video published on the evening of the attack, Ben Bennight, a Mississippi bondsman, explained that he was contacted by the FBI at approximately 3 p.m. about a comment on one of his videos that he had reported last fall.

“The FBI just left my house in regards to this situation,” Bennight stated. “September 24th 2017, I sent a screenshot of a comment on one of my videos — now people keep asking me which video was it, but I don’t know, I don’t remember what video it was — when I saw the comment come through on my Studio app on my iPhone I screenshot the comment and hit the report button to report it to YouTube. Of course, they removed the comment.” ... Gateway Pundit
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

I read you perfectly because your lust is transparent as Hell, and calling me a psycho does not strengthen your case for tyranny.  This is your standard MO.  You are a gun-grabber, and you cannot resist using a tragedy to push your favorite policy goal.  I have more descriptive words for you than "ghoul," but I resist out of respect for the good people of TBR.
Just as homeschooling mafia at TOS is salivating over this to push their agenda. No sympathy for the victims, just score as many cheap points as possible.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Oceander

You can flame me all you want; I understand that’s what makes internet types feel like they’re doing something, but the simple blunt fact of the matter is this: ordinary people, people who don’t feel one way or the other about guns, but who do feel strongly about the safety of their kids in school, are going to be more and more receptive to the gun control advocates each time this happens, and if those who love guns and the second amendment aren’t out there doing something other than wringing their hands over the latest school massacre, those ordinary people will eventually agree to their proposals.  And at this point mere intransigence will simply help the pressure build until the second amendment is simply repealed through a constitutional amendment. 

I’m not advocating gun control, I’m simply telling you what’s coming down the pike.  The flood is building, and you can either be constructive and try to direct it away from the worst damage, or you can simply stand pat and be washed away. 

So, please, if it makes you feel all righteous and activist, flame away at me.

Offline mountaineer

Stefan Molyneux   Verified account @StefanMolyneux
6h6 hours ago

There is no such thing as gun control. There is only the centralization of gun ownership in the hands of a small political elite and their minions.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

Yeah. The guy who murdered 17 kids at school is the same as Rodney King. You are genuinely the stupidest person to be posting on a forum and that includes people at DU.
@Frank Cannon You liberals are so cute when you try to pretend you are conservative.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Mod2

OK, I see I have to post another reminder this is not a gun control thread, no matter how clever some posters think they are being by chewing it around the edges.

There will be lots of gun control threads today as the usual Democrat suspects start spouting off on the subject, and that is where the conversation is appropriate. 

Oceander

Stefan Molyneux   Verified account @StefanMolyneux
6h6 hours ago

There is no such thing as gun control. There is only the centralization of gun ownership in the hands of a small political elite and their minions.

So registration of firearms and licensing of owners wouldn’t be gun control?

Oceander

OK, I see I have to post another reminder this is not a gun control thread, no matter how clever some posters think they are being by chewing it around the edges.

There will be lots of gun control threads today as the usual Democrat suspects start spouting off on the subject, and that is where the conversation is appropriate. 

You cannot divorce the two.   You can ignore it if you wish, but you cannot divorce them.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Nikolas Cruz Was Reported to FBI As Potential School Shooter in September (Screenshot of Threat)
February 15, 2018 by Cassandra Fairbanks

Nikolas Cruz, the suspect in Wednesday’s horrific massacre at a Florida high school, was allegedly reported to the FBI in September after he left a comment on a bail bondsman’s YouTube channel saying that he was going to be a “professional school shooter.”

The former student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School had previously been expelled for disciplinary problems prior to the mass shooting that left 17 people dead.

In a YouTube video published on the evening of the attack, Ben Bennight, a Mississippi bondsman, explained that he was contacted by the FBI at approximately 3 p.m. about a comment on one of his videos that he had reported last fall.

“The FBI just left my house in regards to this situation,” Bennight stated. “September 24th 2017, I sent a screenshot of a comment on one of my videos — now people keep asking me which video was it, but I don’t know, I don’t remember what video it was — when I saw the comment come through on my Studio app on my iPhone I screenshot the comment and hit the report button to report it to YouTube. Of course, they removed the comment.” ... Gateway Pundit

That is stunning news @mountaineer!  TY for digging it up!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

@Jazzhead @Oceander
I've already asked several times but will ask again.  What law would have prevented the deaths?   Banning ARs?   He would have used something else.   Banned all guns?  Setting aside the Constitutional factors, how would you do that?  We have over 300 million guns in the US and I can make a simple 1 shot gun from about $5 of material from Home Depot. 

@Oceander @Jazzhead @txradioguy

Would you have had the same casualty rate with that homemade single-shot weapon, @driftdiver?

The point of many gun grabbers isn't that restrictions would prevent it all...but that they could make events less deadly.  Unless you realize that's a point being made, then you're looking clueless to much of the population who wonders why these aren't "common sense" restrictions.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You can flame me all you want; I understand that’s what makes internet types feel like they’re doing something, but the simple blunt fact of the matter is this: ordinary people, people who don’t feel one way or the other about guns, but who do feel strongly about the safety of their kids in school, are going to be more and more receptive to the gun control advocates each time this happens, and if those who love guns and the second amendment aren’t out there doing something other than wringing their hands over the latest school massacre, those ordinary people will eventually agree to their proposals.  And at this point mere intransigence will simply help the pressure build until the second amendment is simply repealed through a constitutional amendment. 

I’m not advocating gun control, I’m simply telling you what’s coming down the pike.  The flood is building, and you can either be constructive and try to direct it away from the worst damage, or you can simply stand pat and be washed away. 

So, please, if it makes you feel all righteous and activist, flame away at me.

Before the mods shut the thread down, let me say thanks for a constructive and sensible post.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Would you have had the same casualty rate with that homemade single-shot weapon, @driftdiver?

The point of many gun grabbers isn't that restrictions would prevent it all...but that they could make events less deadly.  Unless you realize that's a point being made, then you're looking clueless to much of the population who wonders why these aren't "common sense" restrictions.

There have been a number of school attacks in China over the last few years, but where a knife was used.  Some of them have been pretty effective, unfortunately.  I think they go after younger kids because it's easier to harm them. 

Offline driftdiver

@Suppressed
Probably not, so he wouldn't have used a single shot.  He would have built a bomb.  Or maybe used a knife.

Offline thackney

Wow....here we go again....another mass murder.  I'm for gun rights, but personally I can't see a use in owning a semi-automatic weapon.  Just not much use for hunting.  If they go away...  oh well....

Semi-auto has been used for hunting for about a century.  Having a branch or wind deflect a shot and having a quick follow up without moving more than a finger results in fewer maimed but not killed animals.

As for personal defense?  Are you counting on there being only one bad guy and you a perfect shot under a time of stress?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer