Author Topic: Jeff Sessions: Chronic pain sufferers should ‘take an aspirin and tough it out’  (Read 5336 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
During an address at the U.S. Attorney’s office in Tampa, Florida this week, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said that people who suffer from chronic pain should simply “take an aspirin and tough it out.”

Sessions, whose opposition to medical marijuana is well known, attempted to tackle the subject of opioid addiction in the U.S., saying pharmaceutical companies are prescribing “too many opioids” — a sentiment that people from across the political spectrum would agree with.

But Sessions’ next statement demonstrated a profound misunderstanding and oversimplification of chronic pain sufferers....

http://deadstate.org/jeff-sessions-chronic-pain-sufferers-should-take-an-aspirin-and-tough-it-out/

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Eff u sessions.  Worthless bastard
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline endicom

Eff u sessions.  Worthless bastard

From years back was a story of the Brit NHS giving heroin to terminally ill cancer patients. That allowed them to spend their last months in relative peace and comfort, to enjoy things instead of fighting agony.

I don't want an NHS but I can't see how government can tell us we must spend our last months or years laid up with extraordinary pain.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

From years back was a story of the Brit NHS giving heroin to terminally ill cancer patients. That allowed them to spend their last months in relative peace and comfort, to enjoy things instead of fighting agony.

I don't want an NHS but I can't see how government can tell us we must spend our last months or years laid up with extraordinary pain.

Yes opioid are abused.  His statement shows a profound ignorance over what some people live with.   

Sessions needs to go.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online roamer_1

Yes opioid are abused.  His statement shows a profound ignorance over what some people live with.   

Sessions needs to go.

Three brilliantly stated points - and this is a bellwether  moment for me wrt Sessions. My ambivolence has departed if this quote is contextually true.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:20:19 am by roamer_1 »

Offline endicom

Yes opioid are abused.

To what extent are the opoids coming through government programs. Does one government hand know or care what the other is doing?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Three brilliantly stated points - and this is a bellwether  moment for me wrt Sessions. My ambivolence has departed if this quote is contextually true.

#metoo

Offline anubias

I am beginning to despise this man.   **nononono*

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I am beginning to despise this man.   **nononono*

If he hates opiods, he should consider medical marijuana.  It is less addictive, less harmful and often just as effective.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online corbe

"Just Say NO!, version 2, look on the bright side, if this works any better than the last time when Nancy Reagan tried it, it could save us $7B in taxpayer funded opioid addiction therapy.

Disclaimer:  I have been addicted to opioids, in the past, after numerous back surgeries.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Jeff Sessions should stick his head in a bucket of water and inhale deeply. He is the shittiest of the shit in DC.

Offline RoosGirl

I never realized how much in common this douche has in common with Douche 44.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I never realized how much in common this douche has in common with Douche 44.

Not exactly.

Obama actually suggested that an elderly person take the pain pill rather than pursue zest-for-lifesaving surgeries.

bleep Sessions says they get no pain pill at all, while his party refused to repeal the very plan Obama was selling with his pain-pill comment.

So here you have an AG, who is silent on FBI-Gate and the rest of the Criminal enterprise in DC - all wee-weed up over pot smokers and pill poppers while empowering law enforcement to become Highwaymen at their discretion by expanding asset forfeiture without so much as a warrant.

No wonder the creep doesn't see anything wrong with FISA wiretaps of private citizens and campaign contenders wrongly and illegally obtained.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

... if this quote is contextually true.

From NY Daily News:

“I am operating on the assumption that this country prescribes too many opioids,” Sessions said Wednesday as he touted the Trump administration’s efforts to combat drug abuse and trafficking. “People need to take some aspirin sometimes and tough it out a little.”

I'm no fan of Sessions, but this is different context.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RoosGirl

From NY Daily News:

That's right.  With a gazillion pain meds at our disposal these days, there's plenty of reason why someone should be in pain; 1. it builds character, 2. it toughens them up, 3. bleep that.

Offline RoosGirl

Not exactly.

Obama actually suggested that an elderly person take the pain pill rather than pursue zest-for-lifesaving surgeries.

bleep Sessions says they get no pain pill at all, while his party refused to repeal the very plan Obama was selling with his pain-pill comment.

So here you have an AG, who is silent on FBI-Gate and the rest of the Criminal enterprise in DC - all wee-weed up over pot smokers and pill poppers while empowering law enforcement to become Highwaymen at their discretion by expanding asset forfeiture without so much as a warrant.

No wonder the creep doesn't see anything wrong with FISA wiretaps of private citizens and campaign contenders wrongly and illegally obtained.

Listen you, do I ever shit on your fun?  No, I thought not.  I expect better behavior from you in the future regarding this issue.

Offline Frank Cannon

Listen you, do I ever shit on your fun?  No, I thought not.  I expect better behavior from you in the future regarding this issue.

I like when you punch losers in the face.

Offline RoosGirl

I like when you punch losers in the face.

Invar's not a loser, and besides that was just a love tap.

Offline Frank Cannon

Invar's not a loser, and besides that was just a love tap.

Nope

Online corbe

@INVAR's always reminded me of that Saint that drove all the Rats, snakes, whatever,out of Ireland.  The Dude makes a lot of sense, talks a Good Game and will, eventually, convince you GOP'ers that you're spinning your wheels. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

and will, eventually, convince you GOP'ers that you're spinning your wheels.

So you are admitting you are a Communist?

Online roamer_1

From NY Daily News:

@Suppressed
That's right...  Doesn't sound directed toward 'chronic pain sufferers' More like, 'you don't need Norco for your sprained ankle' kinda thing.

I will return to my previous level of ambivalence wrt Sessions.

Thank you for your report.

Online corbe

I'm not a Communist @Frank Cannon, I clearly stated that I am an Invarmunists.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

saying pharmaceutical companies are prescribing “too many opioids” — a sentiment that people from across the political spectrum would agree with

I kind of thought you had to go to a "doctor" for that.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Applewood

From NY Daily News:

I thought that might have been what he was saying.    The problem is not the person in severe chronic pain.  It's the ones who take these pain relievers for every little twinge or those who don't have any pain at all -- but use these meds just for the feel-good effect.

It's unfortunate that this "war" on opioids is going to make it tougher for those who truly need these drugs, while the abusers will always find some way to get what they want.