Author Topic: Kelly increasingly isolated as Porter scandal rages on  (Read 414 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kelly increasingly isolated as Porter scandal rages on
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:44:39 pm »
 Kelly increasingly isolated as Porter scandal rages on

The chief of staff has been left to shoulder the blame over the failure to remove the former staff secretary, who held only an interim security clearance.

By ELIANA JOHNSON

02/13/2018 05:00 AM EST

Updated 02/13/2018 08:49 AM EST

Turbulence in this West Wing is typically generated by President Donald Trump, but for the past week, it’s been chief of staff John Kelly — the man brought in to be a steadying hand — who’s inspiring what one White House official described as a crisis of confidence.

While the president often makes a hash of the truth, aides took Kelly’s word at face value until they were confronted with zigzagging accounts of the events leading up to former staff secretary Rob Porter’s resignation — and Kelly’s role in them.

In the hours immediately after the Daily Mail published a photograph of Porter’s first ex-wife with a black eye, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders hastily arranged an off-the-record meeting in the West Wing with Porter and four reporters:The New York Times’ Maggie Haberman, The Washington Post’s Josh Dawsey, Axios’ Jonathan Swan and The Wall Street Journal’s Michael Bender. In that meeting, which hasn’t previously been reported, Porter relayed his version of events and fielded questions from the group.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/13/kelly-porters-scandal-white-house-407242
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Kelly increasingly isolated as Porter scandal rages on
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:51:13 pm »
Politico saying alot about nothing.  Journalism today is a mere expectorant of Phlegm passed off as fact.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Concerned

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 10:56:07 pm »
I think they should fire whoever’s idea it was for this off-the-record meeting between reporters and Porter after the black eye photos came out:  really bad idea IMO.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:45:20 pm »
I think they should fire whoever’s idea it was for this off-the-record meeting between reporters and Porter after the black eye photos came out:  really bad idea IMO.

Let’s see....who would have an interest in getting Porter’s story out and direct communications?  It boggles the mind.....:pondering:

I certainly Hope they don’t think Porter is a wife beater.  That’s something white trash Hicks do.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:47:37 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 11:45:22 pm »
I bet he is fired resigns

under the bus888
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 12:06:39 am »

Let’s see....who would have an interest in getting Porter’s story out and direct communications?  It boggles the mind.....:pondering:

I certainly Hope they don’t think Porter is a wife beater.  That’s something white trash Hicks do.

But, but, but, we've been told that she's recused herself from this and certainly this Administration wouldn't lie about the Porter affair.  /s
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:20:29 am »
No doubt the Porter Affair is still raging on in this writer's fevered mind.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 01:04:02 am »
Politico saying alot about nothing.  Journalism today is a mere expectorant of Phlegm passed off as fact.

I agree.  This was a rambling article.  I read it hoping that it would clear up some of the murkiness regarding Porter and Kelly. 

It did not.

Kelly is isolated because he is the sane person in a room of worms and climbers.  I hope he stays for the sake of the country.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 01:10:07 am »
I agree.  This was a rambling article.  I read it hoping that it would clear up some of the murkiness regarding Porter and Kelly. 

It did not.

Kelly is isolated because he is the sane person in a room of worms and climbers.  I hope he stays for the sake of the country.

Our resident haters eat this shit up.   Ain't it grand.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 01:44:32 am »
I bet he is fired resigns

under the bus888

Good one!   :laugh:

Offline edpc

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 07:11:08 pm »
Rob Porter was up for White House promotion before domestic abuse accusations went public

Porter, who exited the White House last week after the accusations from two ex-wives went public, was under consideration to fill the role of deputy chief of staff, multiple administration sources said.

The sources said Porter was held in high regard by White House Chief of Staff John Kelly. Other senior staff were also open to promoting Porter, they said.

The deputy position recently opened up after the president chose Jim Carroll to head the Office of National Drug Control Policy.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/13/rob-porter-was-up-for-white-house-promotion-before-domestic-abuse-accusations-went-public.amp.html

It would seem almost impossible Kelly would be unaware of the security status for his potential deputy. 

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:11:41 pm by edpc »

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 07:17:10 pm »
Being a personnel matter, he may have been aware that Porter wasn't getting a clearance but not the reason why.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 07:27:25 pm »
Being a personnel matter, he may have been aware that Porter wasn't getting a clearance but not the reason why.

If he didn’t ask, it’s incompetence.  I don’t get that impression from Kelly.  He’s not a Peter Principle kind of guy.

White House chief of staff John Kelly was told several weeks ago that multiple White House aides who had been working in the West Wing on interim security clearances would not qualify for permanent clearances.

Those aides, according to a senior administration official, included former White House staff secretary Rob Porter, who left the White House on Thursday after reports that he physically and verbally abused his two ex-wives.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/02/08/john-kelly-rob-porter-security-clearance-400987
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 07:28:11 pm by edpc »