Author Topic: Budget Director Mulvaney: No Balanced Budget for at Least a Decade  (Read 445 times)

Online corbe

Budget Director Mulvaney: No Balanced Budget for at Least a Decade

by Michelle Moons   12 Feb 2018

Budget Director Mick Mulvaney admitted during a Monday evening White House press briefing that the administration’s proposed budget does not balance within ten years, pointing rather to a turn in the “tide.”
Asked about whether the budget balances ever again, Mulvaney said there was a “philosophical conversation” about not projecting past the decade timeline. He said projecting out much farther would “undermine the credibility of the numbers.” He put an emphasis on giving the American people and Congress “real numbers.”

Mulvaney said that there are increased deficits for the first five years of the ten-year projection, attributing that to a decrease in revenues following the tax cut bill that passed last December.

The budget director recalled for reporters that in 2017 he had declared that without major changes, the budget would not balance within a ten-year window. Of $54 billion in proposed savings his office sent up to the Hill last year, Congress took up only $5 billion, according to Mulvaney.

“We knew last year that we’d be facing this,” he said.

<..snip..>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/12/budget-director-mulvaney-no-balanced-budget-for-at-least-a-decade/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Budget Director Mulvaney: No Balanced Budget for at Least a Decade
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 04:00:31 am »
He's right.

We have no budget at all, much less a balanced budget.

Continuing Resolutions are not budgets.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:19:00 am »
I don't understand how we can be spending so much.  According to CNN and theHill.com this budget is gutting all social safety nets, the health dept, and the CDC. 

We're $20 Trillion in debt, the poor are receiving powdered milk and lentils, and now were are on the verge of a new ebola epidemic.  Thanx Trump. /sarc

Offline Concerned

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 12:17:54 pm »
“We can balance the budget very quickly. . . . I think over a five-year period. And I don't know, maybe I could even surprise you.” — Donald J Trump to Sean Hannity on Jan. 21, 2016

Trump said he would get rid of the national debt (which was $19 trillion at the time and is now $20.6 trillion), “over a period of eight years.” — Donald J Trump Washington Post interview April 2, 2016

“We will balance the budget without making cuts in Social Security and Medicare.”  Donald J Trump May 26, 2017 Weekly Address
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:59:26 pm »
“We can balance the budget very quickly. . . . I think over a five-year period. And I don't know, maybe I could even surprise you.” — Donald J Trump to Sean Hannity on Jan. 21, 2016

Trump said he would get rid of the national debt (which was $19 trillion at the time and is now $20.6 trillion), “over a period of eight years.” — Donald J Trump Washington Post interview April 2, 2016

“We will balance the budget without making cuts in Social Security and Medicare.”  Donald J Trump May 26, 2017 Weekly Address

Despite protestations from the Orange Brigade, the rest of us knew Trump was full of fecal matter on this.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 03:15:05 pm »
The difference being that Obama actually had a Trillion dollar Deficit. Trump MIGHT have one.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Concerned

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2018, 03:34:32 pm »
Even the White House's estimate has the deficit almost reaching $1T next year:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-12/urgent-police-donald-trump-jr-s-wife-exposed-to-white-powder

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2018, 04:47:21 am »
The difference being that Obama actually had a Trillion dollar Deficit. Trump MIGHT have one.

That's not exactly a rebuttal, IMO.  lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2018, 05:12:34 am »
Even the White House's estimate has the deficit almost reaching $1T next year:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-12/urgent-police-donald-trump-jr-s-wife-exposed-to-white-powder

@Concerned
Photobucket.com no longer allows direct linking. We can't see your graphic.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Concerned

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2018, 12:29:41 pm »
@Concerned
Photobucket.com no longer allows direct linking. We can't see your graphic.

Thanks for the heads up.