Author Topic: Understanding the Media’s Ugly Weekend  (Read 204 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Understanding the Media’s Ugly Weekend
« on: February 12, 2018, 07:29:46 pm »
What’s behind the fawning over North Korea — one of the world’s most brutal regimes?
By David French
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456319/north-korea-olympics-media-fawn-over-kim-jong-un-sister

When it comes to whitewashing North Korea, one mainstream-media article is a problem. Two is a travesty. But what about three, then four, then five?

What if some of them adopt a seemingly celebratory tone as they recount alleged diplomatic triumphs over Vice President Mike Pence?

What if others fawn over the propaganda of one of the world’s most brutal regimes?

That was this weekend — article after article, tweet after tweet . . .

. . . The extraordinarily high stakes of America’s confrontation with North Korea demands sober judgment and cool-headed analysis. It demands the best from the American media. The Trump administration’s actions towards the Kim regime may well be the most consequential actions the president takes — more important (depending on the outcomes) than judges, taxes, or DACA. Yet how can we have confidence in news judgments and diplomatic analysis when this is what a news weekend can look like?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: Understanding the Media’s Ugly Weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:08:51 pm »
The media is downright terrible! Why even talk about them!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Oceander

Re: Understanding the Media’s Ugly Weekend
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:12:35 pm »
The media is downright terrible! Why even talk about them!

Because of the power they have.