Author Topic: White people not welcome: Costa Rican ‘healing’ retreat offers women of color a break from caucasian  (Read 436 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

White people not welcome: Costa Rican ‘healing’ retreat offers women of color a break from caucasians
Daily Mail/UK, Feb 12, 2018

A female-only retreat in Costa Rica is offering women of color the chance of a break from white people. The getaway location in Puerto Viejo has banned white people, meaning those who attend spend their time exclusively with women of color.  Guests enjoy yoga, meditation and vegan food in an environment free from what the founder calls micro-aggressions and passive-aggressiveness that exists in the US.

Andrea X, who created Women of Color Healing Retreat, said she has 'completely cut out white people' from her life, saying 'they have caused enough damage'.

She said her life became 'much more breezy', and even said white people shouldn't be given passports due to how destructive they are.   

'They are here,' she said, 'They are everywhere. I feel white people shouldn't even have passports.  'I have no tips for white people. Let us have our space.

'Let us have our room and hang out with other white people - you've done enough damage.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5380463/White-free-Costa-Rican-healing-retreat-women-color.html#ixzz56uD83u4L

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Well bless your black little heart.  Stealing a page from our liberal college campuses where fragile snowflakes of color need safe spaces.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Hmmm, I thought segregation was supposed to be a bad thing?  :shrug:

I suppose when it's only on their terms is it deemed acceptable.   :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline skeeter

Hmmm, I thought segregation was supposed to be a bad thing?  :shrug:

I suppose when it's only on their terms is it deemed acceptable.   :whistle:

Its not about equality anymore. Its about supremacy.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I watched a little bit of HBO at a hotel last week.  The HBO show Vice had an interview with this woman.

About the most racist person I've ever seen.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online mountaineer

Guests enjoy yoga, meditation and vegan food in an environment free from what the founder calls micro-aggressions and passive-aggressiveness that exists in the US.
When does the enjoyment part start? Sounds pretty dreary to me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org