Author Topic: PREPARING FOR WAR IN THE NORTH, ISRAEL BOOSTS AIR DEFENSES  (Read 456 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
PREPARING FOR WAR IN THE NORTH, ISRAEL BOOSTS AIR DEFENSES
« on: February 12, 2018, 02:59:02 am »
Some 20 Syrian air defense missiles were fired towards Israeli jets during missions over Syria.

Israel has boosted its air defense in the North following a significant confrontation between the Jewish state, Syria and Iran that led to the loss of an F-16i fighter jet.

While the army refused to comment on the reports, witnesses reported seeing a convoy of missile-defense batteries heading north near the Israeli-Arab city of Baka al-Gharbiya. Other witnesses posted photos of several trucks carrying the batteries on central highways in northern Israel.

http://m.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Preparing-for-war-in-the-north-Israel-boosts-air-defense-542284
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: PREPARING FOR WAR IN THE NORTH, ISRAEL BOOSTS AIR DEFENSES
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 02:40:53 pm »
Analysis  //  Putin's Phone Call With Netanyahu Put End to Israeli Strikes in Syria
Haaretz, Feb 12, 2018

Russian President Vladimir Putin put an end to the confrontation between Israel and Iran in Syria and both sides accepted his decision. That’s the apparent conclusion to be reached from the chain of events this past weekend.

More:  https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-putin-s-call-with-netanyahu-called-time-on-israel-s-syrian-strikes-1.5809118

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 02:52:46 pm »
We need to sell them some newer planes.  the F-16 is so 1980's.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 02:56:56 pm »
We need to sell them some newer planes.  the F-16 is so 1980's.

They have taken deliver of the JSF and used them in operations, already.  Besides, they've made some pretty ingenious modifications to things we've sold them, like integral fuel tanks and electronic warfare packages.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 03:26:58 pm »
The F-16 has been updated. Pilots really like it and that carries much weight.

I trust an Israeli After Action Report about as much as I trust Donald Trump which is very little. There is a lot of kayfabe designed to keep their adversaries guessing. Israel has the capability to hit targets without endangering a pilot.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 03:47:37 pm »
Russian President Vladimir Putin put an end to the confrontation between Israel and Iran in Syria and both sides accepted his decision. That’s the apparent conclusion to be reached from the chain of events this past weekend.

I would imagine Vlad is a bit tired of seeing Syrian-owned/operated Russian SAM systems spoofed and defeated.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:49:38 pm by edpc »