Author Topic: The English language is shattering India's caste system  (Read 256 times)

Offline endicom

The English language is shattering India's caste system
« on: February 11, 2018, 07:39:55 pm »
American Thinker
Monica Showalter
Feb. 11, 2018

We can tell illegals till the cows come home that learning English is the real path to assimilation and upward mobility and all we hear is that diversity is "strength" or maybe that we have yanqui imperialista racist prejudices.

But over in India, we are seeing that idea coming to life.

Quartz has a long and utterly fascinating piece by Sajith Pai, titled "India has a new caste for native English speakers only,' describing how English is not only a great skill to have in the global economy, and a path upward in a big striving country such as India, something we all recognize here, too, it's positively trashing India's dreadful caste system and creating a new class of people who speak almost exclusively English, by choice. Pai writes:

More... http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/02/the_english_language_is_shattering_indias_caste_system.html

Offline dfwgator

Re: The English language is shattering India's caste system
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 08:03:32 pm »
The Indians I work with have to speak to each other in English, because most likely they don't understand each others' native dialect.   

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: The English language is shattering India's caste system
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 08:31:00 pm »
The Indians I work with have to speak to each other in English, because most likely they don't understand each others' native dialect.

Yep.  All the Mujibar's we trained here to take our jobs at Allied Signal/Honeywell spoke very good english.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."