Author Topic: Flu Season Keeps Getting Worse  (Read 432 times)

rangerrebew

Flu Season Keeps Getting Worse
« on: February 11, 2018, 01:31:41 pm »
Flu Season Keeps Getting Worse
Widespread flu activity in most states , with baby boomers hit hard and pediatric deaths on the rise.
By George Vernadakis

After getting off to a quick start, this year’s brutal flu season continues to hit most of the country.

According to the latest report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), widespread flu activity was reported in 48 states and Puerto Rico during the week ending February 3. Hawaii and Oregon reported regional influenza activity, while local activity was reported in the District of Columbia and Guam.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/flu/severe-flu-season-spreads-nationwide/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Flu Season Keeps Getting Worse
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 03:37:01 pm »
That depends on if you get the flu,or you got the flu shot. I got the flue shot,so it hasn't been a big deal for me.

I have a friend with a different opinion,though. Vaccinations  are against his religion,so he ended up losing around 5 days of work and spending 1400 bucks on doctors bills,including medications,which I am ASSUMING were taken orally and not injected.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 04:13:52 pm »
"Every year, influenza kills between 12,000 and 49,000 people and can send more than 700,000 people to the hospital, the CDC says. It affects so many people that adult cases and deaths can only be estimated."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/flu-season-is-breaking-records-cdc-says/ar-BBIVzZ5?srcref=rss

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2018, 04:22:11 pm »
Nowadays we are too clean.  Wash too much. Bathe and shower too much. Use those hand sanitizers and butt wipes too much.  A person need a protective layer of film around him.  A thin crust.  To inoculate himself naturally with bacteria and germs.  One of the reasons Polio hit so hard was the widely expanding modern convenience of indoor plumbing. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline endicom

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 04:26:36 pm »
Nowadays we are too clean.  Wash too much. Bathe and shower too much. Use those hand sanitizers and butt wipes too much.  A person need a protective layer of film around him.  A thin crust.  To inoculate himself naturally with bacteria and germs.  One of the reasons Polio hit so hard was the widely expanding modern convenience of indoor plumbing.

Stinknut @Wingnut, are you sure about this?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 04:30:14 pm »

Stinknut @Wingnut, are you sure about this?

On the Polio? Absolutely.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 04:55:36 pm »

@Wingnut

I think the biggest factor was the invention of drugs like penicillin,along with better prenatal care more than anything else. Suddenly,children with weak immune systems that would have died before age 6 in the 18th Century,were living long enough to become parents themselves. Parents of children whom they passed the weak genes on to. Mother Nature was no longer allowed to thin the herd,so they herd gradually got weaker and weaker with each succeeding generation.

For example,how many of you who were children going to school in the 1950's knew other children going to school with you who were so stupid they had to be put into special classes? Or even heard of special classes? Back then teachers were allowed to fail students that didn't or couldn't do the work necessary to get promoted,yet this was rare. We all knew a few after the 6th grade or so,but damn few. It was rare enough it was talked about.

Then we started paying idiots to stay home drunk or high and pump out babies who were born drunk or high. Now it's common.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!