Author Topic: Rand Paul revels in role of Senate troublemaker  (Read 273 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul revels in role of Senate troublemaker
« on: February 11, 2018, 12:07:53 am »
Rand Paul revels in role of Senate troublemaker
By Alexander Bolton - 02/10/18 12:01 PM EST

Rand Paul seems to revel in frustrating fellow members of the Senate — and that makes his blatant disregard for the chamber’s chummy protocols even more infuriating to them.

Paul, the junior senator from Kentucky, appeared to thumb his nose at fellow Republicans Thursday night when he posed for a picture with conservative Reps. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) and Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) just off the Senate floor.

They posed with their arms folded, grinning for the camera in the midst of a government shutdown fight that Paul himself had triggered. 

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/373212-rand-paul-revels-in-role-of-senate-troublemaker
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Rand Paul revels in role of Senate troublemaker
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 12:56:07 am »
“We now control the House, Senate and White House, and we should stand for less government and less spending,” he wrote in Time. “Instead, we see a massive increase that would make President Obama cringe.”

I don’t know about that. The national debt doubled under Obama and Rand was there to witness most of it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: Rand Paul revels in role of Senate troublemaker
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 01:58:41 am »
I'm okay with this budget because the military is legitimately starved after Obama's reign of treachery and - the Atlanta Fed (always a bit erratic)  is projecting a near 5% GDP gain in the first quarter.

We need to repair the military.  Tax and regulatory reform are energizing our economy.

Let's get to it.