Author Topic: State Dept. saw 12 percent drop in foreign affairs workers in first 8 months of 2017  (Read 223 times)

Offline corbe

State Dept. saw 12 percent drop in foreign affairs workers in first 8 months of 2017

By Max Greenwood  - 02/10/18 06:49 PM EST

The number of foreign affairs employees at the State Department dropped by nearly 12 percent during President Trump's first eight months in office, according to data published by the Office of Personnel Management.

Between December 2016 and September 2017, the number of State Department employees under the foreign affairs series dropped from 2,580 to 2,273. The decrease was reported by the federal news website "Government Executive."

Overall, the State Department's workforce fell by about 6.3 percent between September 2016 and September 2017, the most recent data available.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has said that he wants to cut the department's nearly 76,000-person workforce by 8 percent as part of his effort to "redesign" the agency.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/373299-state-dept-saw-12-percent-drop-in-foreign-affairs-workers-in-first-9
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

In spite of my Texas Pride, I've had reservations about this Guy from the get-go.

but, so far the World hasn't blown up and he's whittling away at State, this is a good thing.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Keep those numbers in decline!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Foreign affairs must take precedent over Foreign affairs.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's a good start!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien