Author Topic: Journalists push back after Trump tweets lives being destroyed by 'mere allegation'  (Read 2571 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Journalists push back after Trump tweets lives being destroyed by 'mere allegation'
By Josh Delk - 02/10/18 01:10 PM EST

Journalists pushed back against President Trump's tweet Saturday saying people's lives are being destroyed by "a mere allegation," a comment that sparked backlash on social media.

Trump decried how people's "lives are being shattered and destroyed be a mere allegation" after two White House aides abruptly resigned this week following claims of past domestic abuse.

While Trump did not mention any specific allegations, he wrote: "Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?"

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/373268-journalists-push-back-after-trump-tweets-lives-being-destroyed-by-mere
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh no!!! Jake Tapper is upset!!!! What will we ever do?!?!

Offline Frank Cannon

Here's Something You Don't Hear Much About: The 175 People Suing CNN For Racial Discrimination

https://www.dailywire.com/news/16140/heres-something-you-dont-hear-much-about-175-joseph-curl

Jake Tapper hates blacks.

Oceander

There are still journalists around?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Couldn't prove it by me.   :beer:
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

It is being reported there are, by sources.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

It is being reported there are, by sources.

An unnamed source or someone who is close to a journalist in a position to know.

Offline bolobaby

This whole thing bugs the sh!t out of me.

The photo of a black-eye proves absolutely nothing. While on my honeymoon, I accidentally smashed my head into a car door and left a massive gash. I know we have a picture of it somewhere... me standing there alone with a gash on my head looking miserable. So if I show that photo and say, "My wife attacked me on my honeymoon and left a gash on my head - here's a picture!" it's suddenly true?

Moreover, ex-wives are hardly unimpeachable witnesses. They are typically spiteful, hateful women who absolutely relish in the suffering of the ex-husband.

And Tapper points to some police report? Yeah... what happened? The b!tch was trying to kick him out of his home and in anger, he punched a glass door. So the only thing actually ON RECORD of him striking is an inanimate object.

I wonder why we haven't seen the actual police report? Could it be that it also contains embarrassing information about the wife's behavior during this domestic dispute?

I'm so sick of women saying ANYTHING and we just believe them hands down. Women lie. Regularly. Period.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

The photo of a black-eye proves absolutely nothing. While on my honeymoon, I accidentally smashed my head into a car door and left a massive gash. I know we have a picture of it somewhere... me standing there alone with a gash on my head looking miserable. So if I show that photo and say, "My wife attacked me on my honeymoon and left a gash on my head - here's a picture!" it's suddenly true?

Moreover, ex-wives are hardly unimpeachable witnesses. They are typically spiteful, hateful women who absolutely relish in the suffering of the ex-husband.

And Tapper points to some police report? Yeah... what happened? The b!tch was trying to kick him out of his home and in anger, he punched a glass door. So the only thing actually ON RECORD of him striking is an inanimate object.

I wonder why we haven't seen the actual police report? Could it be that it also contains embarrassing information about the wife's behavior during this domestic dispute?

I'm so sick of women saying ANYTHING and we just believe them hands down. Women lie. Regularly. Period.

Easy there, Rob.  Lots of people in the WH have good private sector contacts.  They’ll find you something cushy.  Don’t worry.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

President is always sticking up for the little guy.  The wife-beaters, child-molesters, and neo-nazis.  Why don't people see his good side too?

Offline anubias

I agree wholeheartedly.  Thanks for pointing out that the police report was for striking an inanimate object.  I was under the impression that it was for punching HER.

I have had so many sports injuries and running into sharp corners over my life time that I have a signed statement given to my kids in the event of my death for my husband to use if he is arrested due to the many scars on my skull.  The last time I had an injury and my skull x-rayed, they immediately started in with the questions about my husband.  If I was a vengeful bitch and wanted to get rid of him, well...  They do make it easy for lying women.

I have known several women that have lied to gain custody of kids and everything else.  There is nothing nastier than a pissed off ex that wants to get revenge.

There are indeed genuine monsters out there that beat/kill their wives, but the wolf-criers out there have muddied the waters.

Offline Concerned

I’m quite sure that if Porter could have possibly gotten a full security clearance, he’d have it. After all, this is the President of the United States we are talking about here.  Employers do investigations all the time and take action as a result of those investigations without judicial “due process”.  In the case of Porter, I’d argue “due process” actually did take place in the form of the FBI background investigation which (no doubt) confirmed the police reports, the protector order, the photo, and the blog.  The fact that a former girlfriend also called Don McGahn, when she heard Porter was dating Hope Hicks, to warn him of Porter’s behavior is further “evidence”.   I don't think these 3 women are all lying any more than I think all 16 are lying about Trump.  JMO.

This all was certainly enough “due process” IMO for an employer to take action, or in this case, to encourage the employee to resign especially once it was clear he just wasn't going to get that full security clearance.  They actually did him a favor allowing him to resign rather than having on his resume:  yes, I’ve been denied a security clearance. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline anubias

I’m quite sure that if Porter could have possibly gotten a full security clearance, he’d have it. After all, this is the President of the United States we are talking about here.  Employers do investigations all the time and take action as a result of those investigations without judicial “due process”.  In the case of Porter, I’d argue “due process” actually did take place in the form of the FBI background investigation which (no doubt) confirmed the police reports, the protector order, the photo, and the blog.  The fact that a former girlfriend also called Don McGahn, when she heard Porter was dating Hope Hicks, to warn him of Porter’s behavior is further “evidence”.   I don't think these 3 women are all lying any more than I think all 16 are lying about Trump.  JMO.

This all was certainly enough “due process” IMO for an employer to take action, or in this case, to encourage the employee to resign especially once it was clear he just wasn't going to get that full security clearance.  They actually did him a favor allowing him to resign rather than having on his resume:  yes, I’ve been denied a security clearance.

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but I’m not so sure about this FBI.

Offline roamer_1

[...]

[...]

That's right. Necessarily it MUST BE that the veracity of the evidence is the only standard.

During our divorce, my ex claimed I was a violent man who knocked her out twice.
Well, it is true I knocked her out twice.

Once, she was sneaking up behind me in the barn to surprise me... I set down the wheel barrow, opened a stall, and swung the pitchfork to clear the door in order to enter, and the handle hit resistance... I turned around to see what, and there's my wife, spread-eagle on the ground with a big red dot in the middle of her forehead.

The other time, I was trying to control a malamute, hauled back on the lead hard, and saw tennis shoes  coming up toward vertical, parallel with my eye. Evidently, when I hauled back on the lead, my elbow hit her right in the eye. She was on the ground, cold-cocked, and doing the chicken over that one.

In both cases the action was performed, me all unaware, and wholly accidentally.
I am a violent man, when needed, but I never laid a hand on her ever. Never intentionally raised a bruise on anyone in my family ever.

Her accusation was nothing but a malignant damn lie (with similar photos as evidence), and one against which there was no defense but denial.

Offline edpc

I have had so many sports injuries...

Which character from A League Of Their Own was based on you - Madonna’s or Rosie’s?

Offline anubias

Which character from A League Of Their Own was based on you - Madonna’s or Rosie’s?

Out to disrupt yet another thread I see.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline edpc

Oh, please.  I guess you have a short memory and forgot about your Olympics thread comment.

Offline WingNot

He has his moments.  This was not one of his finest. 

Offline skeeter

President is always sticking up for the little guy.  The wife-beaters, child-molesters, and neo-nazis.  Why don't people see his good side too?

If I were this guys' attorney I'd love to have the president of the USA standing on his soapbox, beating his chest about what an arsehole my client is. The trial'd be over before it started.

Offline Fantom

I had/have a relationship over the decades with a certain woman.

In our second go 'Round....... some 13 years after the first.  I was living with her, came home ...argument, she losses it and T's off on me with repeated strong open handed blows to the face/head. I wrap her up and we go backwards to the couch..... ah the fury on her face.

Anyways as our momentum takes us to the couch she rebounds with her head to strike my head, shifting my head to the side she strikes my collarbone with her nose. Nice sharp blue welt quickly appeared. I did everything in my physical power to chill a physical assault.

The sex that night was fantastic. Afterwards, she told me she was going to tell everyone I punched her.

Are you sure you are objective Counselor?

As for the woman.. what can you say about coming home(yes she worked too... very industriously I might add) 'Round Christmas time. Finding a lit string of Christmas lights ..leading to the bedroom, wrapped 'Round a certain.. naked vixen......  the rest is to be imagined.

Or lived.

So yes, I  count me with Trump on this one.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I had/have a relationship over the decades with a certain woman.

In our second go 'Round....... some 13 years after the first.  I was living with her, came home ...argument, she losses it and T's off on me with repeated strong open handed blows to the face/head. I wrap her up and we go backwards to the couch..... ah the fury on her face.

Anyways as our momentum takes us to the couch she rebounds with her head to strike my head, shifting my head to the side she strikes my collarbone with her nose. Nice sharp blue welt quickly appeared. I did everything in my physical power to chill a physical assault.

The sex that night was fantastic. Afterwards, she told me she was going to tell everyone I punched her.

Are you sure you are objective Counselor?

As for the woman.. what can you say about coming home(yes she worked too... very industriously I might add) 'Round Christmas time. Finding a lit string of Christmas lights ..leading to the bedroom, wrapped 'Round a certain.. naked vixen......  the rest is to be imagined.

Or lived.

So yes, I  count me with Trump on this one.
In my courtin' days I had the opportunity to note that some women are turned on by physical conflict (exertion otherwise might substitute, but conflict seems to be best). It's what gets their juices flowing. I have always had too many weapons and things which could be used for that purpose around for such relationships, and simply preferred women excited by more gentle means who I have found to have no less ardor.

More power to you if that's what works for you!

And yes, there are plenty of innocuous ways to get the sort of injuries that could be mis-attributed to malice, as any parent who has ever taken a kid to the ER is likely well aware. But the whole abuse allegation thingy has even thrown elections in the past, so they will use it every chance they get.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

I admire Trump for this stand and he is exactly right.  The easy way would be to condemn a guy the minute an accusation is made.

That's every bit as bad as refusing to listen to the woman's side.

Not automatically innocent but innocent until proven guilty.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Fantom

In my courtin' days I had the opportunity to note that some women are turned on by physical conflict (exertion otherwise might substitute, but conflict seems to be best). It's what gets their juices flowing. I have always had too many weapons and things which could be used for that purpose around for such relationships, and simply preferred women excited by more gentle means who I have found to have no less ardor.

More power to you if that's what works for you!

And yes, there are plenty of innocuous ways to get the sort of injuries that could be mis-attributed to malice, as any parent who has ever taken a kid to the ER is likely well aware. But the whole abuse allegation thingy has even thrown elections in the past, so they will use it every chance they get.

@Smokin Joe

Actually Joe, I leave the wrong impression, yes, this particular woman could be like that, but so too could we all. It was not a fire/conflict relationship.

It was just an every day variety argument.. about what ..I have no remembrance. My ex-wife fell in the 13 years between. We had arguments... though she never tried to hit me, and I never tried to hit her.... or any woman.

A few have come close to making me.  :pondering: I certainly know some fine Redneck women you had best consider defending yourself... should that occasion arise. Or enjoy getting knocked out.

The point I was making is the same point Trump is making. The same point you are making.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

He is speaking the truth and not automatically jumping on the guy because it's the PC thing to do.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

It looks like Porter may have been abusive but that is solely on the say of other people.  Would you like to be convicted on the say of a woman who was ticked off at you?