Author Topic: Las Vegas shooter had anti-anxiety medicine in system, autopsy says  (Read 463 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://wivb.com/2018/02/09/las-vegas-shooter-had-anti-anxiety-medicine-in-system-autopsy-says/

An autopsy report on Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock said he had anti-anxiety medication in his system at the time of death, according to the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The autopsy report also indicated that Paddock died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, the Review-Journal said.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

Re: Las Vegas shooter had anti-anxiety medicine in system, autopsy says
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 02:39:29 am »
Interesting that Paddock's brain is Stanford.  Research? 

Wonder which anti-anxiety medication he was taking.  Perhaps that made him homicidal/suicidal.

Offline anubias

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 02:42:18 am »

Wonder which anti-anxiety medication he was taking.  Perhaps that made him homicidal/suicidal.

**nononono*

It couldn’t possibly be that he was doing something that would cause high anxiety and took the meds to help him remain calm.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 03:54:31 am »

Most likely.  The gun near him in the crime scene photo looked like a Taurus Judge.  Depending on the type of round he used, his brain could be a gelatinous mess.  Shot tends not to have enough velocity to exit, so it bounces around inside the skull.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 04:46:35 am »
I've seen it reported that they found "nordiazepam, oxazepan and temazepan".  The latter two should read "oxazepam" and "temazepam".  These are drugs in the benzodiazepine class, and they can be administered as separate drugs....however, they are also the metabolites of valium.  I suspect he took valium.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 04:48:14 am »

Most likely.  The gun near him in the crime scene photo looked like a Taurus Judge.  Depending on the type of round he used, his brain could be a gelatinous mess.  Shot tends not to have enough velocity to exit, so it bounces around inside the skull.

I don't think it was shot.  I think it was a single bullet in the mouth, but didn't exit.  But I haven't seen the actual autopsy report to confirm.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn