Author Topic: National Guard Deployed In West Virginia as State Suffers Horrific… [national guard used as Cops]  (Read 572 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Constitution
By Andrew West 
February 9, 2018

In times of severe and unending crisis, the individual states that make up our grand union may need to call in the cavalry to right the ship.  Often, that cavalry arrives in the form of the National Guard.

These military members, who often receive cordial ribbing from other branches of our armed services, have been used almost exclusively in the homeland over the course of recent years.  These highly skilled citizen soldiers find themselves traveling across the nation, often assisting with disaster rescue and cleanup, working hand in hand with groups such as the Coast Guard in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey and other natural, yet unstoppable, tragedies.

Heck, there have been times that snow has compelled the Guard to be deployed in order to open shipping and travel routes, help restore power, and provide assistance for those in need.

In other words, the National Guard is a resource like no other in America, and their involvement with any situation is not to be taken lightly.

Now, as West Virginia grapples with one of the most heinous rates of opioid addiction in the nation, the Guard has once again been deployed, this time to The Mountain State.

(more)
https://constitution.com/national-guard-deployed-west-virginia-state-suffers-horrific/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
I doubt there is anything the NG can do about addicts
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Suppressed

In Delaware, they're passing out bottled water:

Governor Carney Authorizes Delaware National Guard to Assist with Water Distribution in Town of Blades
Date Posted: Friday, February 9th, 2018

Executive Order provides additional resources for town, residents
DOVER, Del. – Governor John Carney on Friday signed an Executive Order authorizing the Delaware National Guard to assist the Town of Blades with distributing water to residents impacted by high levels of perfluorinated compounds (PFCs) in municipal wells.

The Delaware National Guard has provided two, 400-gallon portable water tanks and coordinated troops to ensure 24-hour water distribution operations out of the Blades Fire Hall. Additionally, a 5,000-gallon water tanker is prepared and available for follow-up support.

The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) and the Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) on Friday morning started to provide bottled water for drinking and cooking to residents of Blades.

Water will be supplied to the Town of Blades by DNREC, DPH, and the Delaware National Guard to ensure residents have access to potable water.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
If they are intending to use the NG as Law enforcement The Gov of WV should be shot in the ass and then hung by his scrotum
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

What the hell type of bullshit is this? They are using soldiers as social workers? Insane. Who really gives a rats ass if the whole country ODs on drugs. It is no one's business unless they are dying in the streets and blocking traffic. 

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they are intending to use the NG as Law enforcement The Gov of WV should be shot in the ass and then hung by his scrotum

Yep. I truly, literally, expected this move every single day that Obama was in office. Never expected it from Trump.
I'm guessing with almost 100% certainty that this is a Jeff Sessions initiative.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

This is 100% the fault of the federal government.  They are the ones who allow companies like Insys to ship truckloads of fentanyl to bogus pharmacy warehouses in rural West Virginia.

Williamson, WV (pop. 2,900) has received 10.2 million hydrocodone and 10.6 oxycodone pills from pharmaceutical suppliers in the last ten years.  This isn't heroin manufactured in Laos and smuggled across the Canadian border.  This is much cleaner dope produced right here in the US under the guidance of the FDA.

I swear everything government touches turns to crap.  Yes, people are dying because our regulatory agencies are sitting on their asses while pharmaceutical firms and their congressional investors get rich over this racket.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Uh, negatory. The NG's are all federalized now, I absolutely do not support them being used as law enforcement.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

This is 100% the fault of the federal government.  They are the ones who allow companies like Insys to ship truckloads of fentanyl to bogus pharmacy warehouses in rural West Virginia.

Williamson, WV (pop. 2,900) has received 10.2 million hydrocodone and 10.6 oxycodone pills from pharmaceutical suppliers in the last ten years.  This isn't heroin manufactured in Laos and smuggled across the Canadian border.  This is much cleaner dope produced right here in the US under the guidance of the FDA.

I swear everything government touches turns to crap.  Yes, people are dying because our regulatory agencies are sitting on their asses while pharmaceutical firms and their congressional investors get rich over this racket.

I hear ya. The feds also allow multinational oil conglomerates to ship gasoline all over WV. They even let them store them in underground tanks attached to FREE FLOWING PUMPS ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC!!!!! And this isn't that low grade garbage they sell in China. This is 93 Octane at some places! Even though everyone knows it is dangerous, the citizen drink it like water. Outrageous!

Offline Hoodat

I hear ya. The feds also allow multinational oil conglomerates to ship gasoline all over WV. They even let them store them in underground tanks attached to FREE FLOWING PUMPS ACCESSIBLE TO THE PUBLIC!!!!! And this isn't that low grade garbage they sell in China. This is 93 Octane at some places! Even though everyone knows it is dangerous, the citizen drink it like water. Outrageous!

I didn't realize that gasoline was an FDA Class II controlled substance.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Uh, negatory. The NG's are all federalized now, I absolutely do not support them being used as law enforcement.

When did that happen?  I thought State govs authorized the NGs activation for domestic use.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When did that happen?  I thought State govs authorized the NGs activation for domestic use.

I'm thinking it happened under Clinton but it could have been Bush. The Govs authorize anytime it's not Federal related but if the Feds need you, they are first in line. That's why so many went to Iraq and Afghanistan.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Only in a baby bottle with some dead lima beans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXxwOiOX0HM
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:36:00 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline endicom

Flying reconnaissance, manning hotlines and computers.

Offline Frank Cannon

See. The gov needs to step in and classify this dangerous drug.

! No longer available

Offline Hoodat

See. The gov needs to step in and classify this dangerous drug.

! No longer available

Toluene gives a much better buzz.

! No longer available