Author Topic: Dozens at White House lack permanent security clearances  (Read 1124 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Dozens at White House lack permanent security clearances
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2018, 04:54:02 pm »
If "sensitive information" is anything like the stuff that was in Nunes's FISA memo that was needlessly classified, they're not seeing much.

He has access to the PDB, which is as high as it gets.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2018, 05:25:24 pm »
OK, Trump's a victim.  Got it.   :whistle:

He is the victim of an attempted frame up job. It is all over the conservative news news.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2018, 06:13:13 pm »
   What a bunch of haters.  The glass is always half full.  At least Melania didn't put Craig Livingstone in as director of the White House's Office of Personnel Security.  Is he still alive or did hellary rub him out?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2018, 06:24:39 pm »
@edpc

You just cant get a break can you.   Always wrong with the information you post.

Interim clearance are customary.   If you get a job that requires them the process starts and can take over a year, depending on what level of clearance you need.  Him getting a clearance is no different then anyone else in the White House.

At least he wasn't born in Iran or have parents in leadership positions in Saudi Arabia like our last Presidents people.

Yep.  Instant clearance is impossible for a federal agency even the FBI.  A surface clearance is easy but if they want to scan your entire life, not so much.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2018, 06:27:46 pm »
My understanding is that when interim clearances are granted, particularly at somewhere as sensitive as the White House, the background investigations are expedited.  I don't recall any other White House where "dozens" lacked permanent security clearances a full year in.  If someone else does, hopefully they'll post the information and it's source.

I don't recall any other White House the press was so determined to sling mud at.

Has anyone investigated all the people Obama hired?  I seriously doubt it.

As for Clinton, please ... go watch Scandalous.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2018, 06:30:04 pm »
@edpc
Give it up. its really tiresome how every day you seek to turn every single little thing into a crisis.

The security clearance process is broken, its been broken for decades, and its not Trumps fault.  Creating fake issues to cry and whine about is not intelligent debate.

In fact finding people who don't meet the standards is exactly that the security clearance process is for, so while its broken it does eventually find the bad ones.

Good luck with that.  Ed will not give it up.  It's what he lives for.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2018, 06:32:14 pm »
Yep.  Instant clearance is impossible for a federal agency even the FBI.  A surface clearance is easy but if they want to scan your entire life, not so much.

I just know I am glad I don't deal with that stuff any more.   It gets old.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2018, 06:32:58 pm »
Their response will be "it takes time".   My initial clearance took about 8 weeks and that was the lowest level.   My full clearance took about 18 months.  In the middle there were a couple others that took about 6 months and 12 months each.

In most cases the checks are pretty thorough, for me they sent a FBI agent back to the hospital I was born in to check that my fingerprints still matched.

FBI agents came to my house sometime back to ask about my next door neighbor who was trying to get a security clearance for some reason that I don't remember.

I guess they didn't realize that next-door neighbors know almost nothing.  Interview the neighbor of an ax murderer and they'll probably say, "he was always so quiet ... just worked in his garage sharpening things."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2018, 06:36:01 pm »
Where was all this outrage when nobody in the WH had clearances for years in the Obama Regime?

This looks like a bullshit unnamed sourced article the is WaPo's stock and trade. I don't believe any of this.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2018, 06:37:08 pm »
FBI agents came to my house sometime back to ask about my next door neighbor who was trying to get a security clearance for some reason that I don't remember.

I guess they didn't realize that next-door neighbors know almost nothing.  Interview the neighbor of an ax murderer and they'll probably say, "he was always so quiet ... just worked in his garage sharpening things."

@Emjay
When I went through my air force school we had people disappear.    Some were Russian spys and some were Chinese according to rumor.

This was right after Walker was caught so they were watching pretty close.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2018, 06:40:30 pm »
Where was all this outrage when nobody in the WH had clearances for years in the Obama Regime?

This looks like a bullshit unnamed sourced article the is WaPo's stock and trade. I don't believe any of this.

That's what I'm wondering.

This is just another dreamed up story to attempt to discredit Trump.

There's one every day.

And some people can't wait to hop on any BS story out there.

I wouldn't call Trump a victim, but I would call him a target.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2018, 06:56:20 pm »

There was plenty of it, including railing about the fact Obama himself couldn't pass one due to his associations with Rezko and Ayers alone.  People like Hannity, Savage, and Levin beat on it constantly.

There was even a time the Trump family was actually concerned about background checks.  Anyone remember Don Jr's speech at the convention?  He said Hillary would be the first president that couldn't pass a basic background check.  Guess he missed the Obama years.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 06:58:39 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.