Author Topic: Obama officials, Clinton operatives will be Nunes’ next targets in surveillance abuses  (Read 311 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Dan Boylan - The Washington Times - Thursday, February 8, 2018

House intelligence committee Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes‘ next target in his quest to expose government surveillance abuses of the Trump campaign during the 2016 presidential election: Obama-era State Department officials and Clinton family operatives.

With Capitol Hill bracing for the White House to soon release a Democratic rebuttal to Mr. Nunes‘ highly publicized memo last week, sources say his staff is preparing up to five more broadsides calling into question the FBI’s and Department of Justice’s handling of the Russian election-meddling investigation.

As stakes mount, some congressional Republicans privately acknowledge that they fear the Democrats’ 10-page rebuttal contains so much sensitive material that President Trump will be accused of censoring the documents when he makes omissions, which he is expected to do.

Adding to the overall Russia-related tension on Thursday, former President George W. Bush, while on an overseas trip, appeared to take a swipe at the partisan bickering in Washington’s multiple investigations.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/8/devin-nunes-next-targets-obama-officials-clinton-o/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I hope they do release it without redaction, because I know the Dems will accuse the admin of exposing classified info.  That will be an extremely stupid move, since it's the memo they insisted be seen.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I hope they do release it without redaction, because I know the Dems will accuse the admin of exposing classified info.  That will be an extremely stupid move, since it's the memo they insisted be seen.

Agreed.  Our case is pretty damned weak if we can't take a rebuttal.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline edpc

Agreed.  Our case is pretty damned weak if we can't take a rebuttal.

I'm just waiting for them to whine he exposed methods and sources when.....

A)  It was their memo.
B)  They used to be in favor of FISA transparency.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/06/dems-blasting-nunes-memo-once-backed-fisa-court-transparency.html

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I'm just waiting for them to whine he exposed methods and sources when.....

A)  It was their memo.
B)  They used to be in favor of FISA transparency.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/06/dems-blasting-nunes-memo-once-backed-fisa-court-transparency.html

I don't see much point in protecting them from themselves.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline edpc

I don't see much point in protecting them from themselves.

It won't.  They're being blatantly hypocritical either way.  It's not like the Nunes memo was unknown prior to release.  There had been talk about it and protests from Dems for some time.  If they were really in favor of transparency, which they never were, they could have insisted on releasing theirs first to buttress any points they think it addresses.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It won't.  They're being blatantly hypocritical either way.  It's not like the Nunes memo was unknown prior to release.  There had been talk about it and protests from Dems for some time.  If they were really in favor of transparency, which they never were, they could have insisted on releasing theirs first to buttress any points they think it addresses.

They demanded releasing theirs at the same time, but they were a full week behind the Reps in getting it out.  Apparently they thought Nunes' memo wasn't going to get released.  I didn't think it would, but I'm not there.
I will NOT comply.