Author Topic: Ingraham: Trump got 'snookered badly' on budget deal  (Read 412 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ingraham: Trump got 'snookered badly' on budget deal
« on: February 09, 2018, 04:55:51 pm »
Ingraham: Trump got 'snookered badly' on budget deal
By Joe Concha - 02/09/18 11:37 AM EST

Fox News host Laura Ingraham says President Trump "got snookered" on the $400 billion budget deal he signed on Friday, adding that the "swamp got re-filled last night."

Laura Ingraham
✔
@IngrahamAngle

In budget deal, @realDonaldTrump got snookered. Badly. The insiders will always win as long as we play an insider game. Time for primaries. Swamp got re-filled last night.
9:18 AM - Feb 9, 2018

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/373141-ingraham-trump-got-snookered-badly-on-budget-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Ingraham: Trump got 'snookered badly' on budget deal
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 05:01:30 pm »
Fox News host Laura Ingraham says President Trump "got snookered" on the $400 billion budget deal he signed on Friday, adding that the "swamp got re-filled last night."

Stevie Wonder was locked in a closet at night and saw this coming when they had the Camp David meeting and Trump came out to say he was backing incumbents.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 05:05:05 pm »
One has to wonder what might have happened had Roy Moore been in the Senate yesterday.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 05:10:16 pm »
One has to wonder what might have happened had Roy Moore been in the Senate yesterday.

A better thing to ponder is what might have happened if the primary voters had put in a candidate who could win.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 05:12:20 pm »

One way or another, horseshit would have been a factor.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 05:15:26 pm »
A better thing to ponder is what might have happened if the primary voters had put in a candidate who could win.

How about if the bastards in Washington kept their noses out of the people of Alabama's business in the first place!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 05:17:09 pm »

1 vote probably wouldn't be enough.  GOP needs 5 to replace those GOP senators who always vote with the Dems.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 05:35:08 pm »

You got that right.  The only person who stood up to this 21% spending increase was Rand Paul.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 05:38:19 pm »
1 vote probably wouldn't be enough. GOP needs 5 to replace those GOP senators who always vote with the Dems.

It doesn't seem to change. Even if those 5 senators are replaced there's always another group undercutting any conservative progress.

Maybe voters will wake up when they find out immigration is not going to be reformed, Obamacare still exists, and the govt is on track to going bankrupt. I wouldn't bet on it though.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 05:53:32 pm »
We could always go back to the way we did it before.  Each department has their own spending bill.  Each spending bill is voted on by Congress.  None of this "I'll fund your pork if you fund mine" BS.  It is unconscionable that Congress gets away with putting all spending in a single bill.  And that is done by design.  Congress sees their job solely as a career choice, and has figured out how to maximize job security.  And this nation is $20 trillion in debt because of it.

Is there something Republicans can do to fix this?  HELL YES, THERE IS!  But it is clear that Republicans don't want to fix it.  Republicans have become Democrats, while Democrats have become hardline communists.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 05:58:03 pm »
We could always go back to the way we did it before.  Each department has their own spending bill.  Each spending bill is voted on by Congress.  None of this "I'll fund your pork if you fund mine" BS.  It is unconscionable that Congress gets away with putting all spending in a single bill.  And that is done by design.  Congress sees their job solely as a career choice, and has figured out how to maximize job security.  And this nation is $20 trillion in debt because of it.

Is there something Republicans can do to fix this?  HELL YES, THERE IS!  But it is clear that Republicans don't want to fix it.  Republicans have become Democrats, while Democrats have become hardline communists.

You are so spot on!

What the majority of people aren't figuring out is that the personal assets they've created over the course of their lifetime are being devalued by the govt printing more and more fiat currency. 
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 05:58:39 pm »
   She'll come around once Rush finishes his daily Trump Broadcast.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2018, 06:00:41 pm »
What the majority of people aren't figuring out is that the personal assets they've created over the course of their lifetime are being devalued by the govt printing more and more fiat currency.

The printing-of-the-money is a tax increase that Congress didn't have to vote for.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 06:08:07 pm »

@IsailedawayfromFR

I think the House actually followed that process this year and sent ALL of bills to the Senate before the deadline.  It ended right there.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2018, 06:08:57 pm »
The printing-of-the-money is a tax increase that Congress didn't have to vote for.

It is spending our grandchildren's money without their consent!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 06:12:24 pm »
Just don't bring up earmarks again.....even as joke, please.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2018, 06:43:32 pm »

I wonder that a lot.  Not on this particular issue but our majority is so slim and a few ignorant sluts here were so intent on getting rid of Roy Moore that they put a democrat in.

Not only is that democrat a passionate child murderer but he is a democrat.

I hope those ignorant sluts are happy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 06:45:33 pm »

They put up a candidate who would have been a reliable conservative vote.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 06:57:06 pm »
They put up a candidate who would have been a reliable conservative vote.
Yeah, but he wasn't perfect, so no go with him !! 

His timing was his undoing. Got caught in the era of "me too."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 07:00:38 pm »
"Trump got 'snookered badly' on budget deal".

I call B.S.

Trump could have vetoed the thing, if he wanted to.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 07:30:41 pm »

Nothing.  The bill passed 71-28.

Offline edpc

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2018, 07:49:47 pm »
"Trump got 'snookered badly' on budget deal".

I call B.S.

Trump could have vetoed the thing, if he wanted to.

House voted 240-186.  That's 50 votes short to overturn a potential veto.

Obviously, the Senate had more than the required 67.

Would a veto change House votes?  Who knows?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2018, 08:02:48 pm »
Bitch all you want boys,  but it is time to lick your wounds and to move on to the next fight. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."