Author Topic: BREAKING: Shutdown 2.0 — It’s Happening  (Read 560 times)

Online corbe

BREAKING: Shutdown 2.0 — It’s Happening
« on: February 09, 2018, 04:47:36 am »
BREAKING: Shutdown 2.0 — It’s Happening

Posted at 11:26 pm on February 8, 2018 by Sarah Rumpf

Breaking news…a government shutdown is all but certain to happen in less than an hour.

The deadline to avoid a government shutdown is midnight Eastern Time tonight. The House previously passed the spending bill and it headed to the Senate, but Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) objected to the bill and blocked the vote.

There were efforts earlier this evening to bring Paul back on board, but they failed. According to a top Senate Republican aide with knowledge of the negotiations who spoke to RedState on condition of anonymity, Paul was offered a budget point of order by Senate Republican leadership, which would have allowed him to discuss the bill and propose stripping any provisions to which he objected.

Instead, what Paul wanted was an actual amendment to the bill itself.

“You get an amendment, and you get an amendment, and you get an amendment!”

<..snip..>

https://www.redstate.com/sarah-rumpf/2018/02/08/breaking-shutdown-2.0-happening/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: BREAKING: Shutdown 2.0 — It’s Happening
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 04:50:42 am »
Breaking news…a government shutdown is all but certain to happen in less than an hour.

Should I kill myself now or try my luck with the lawless hoards that are forming as we speak?

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 04:51:47 am »

Should I kill myself now or try my luck with the lawless hoards that are forming as we speak?

You have 9 minutes to decide.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 04:57:05 am »
You have 9 minutes to decide.

Uh oh. I used up 4 of those minutes making a sandwich and I forgot the olives and that's going to be another couple minutes to head to the kitchen and back. Guess I'll roll my dice with the hoards.

I'm fairly charismatic. Maybe I can run my own hoard during the marauding. I can turn it on the neighbor with the yappie dog that irritates me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 04:59:54 am »
Uh oh. I used up 4 of those minutes making a sandwich and I forgot the olives and that's going to be another couple minutes to head to the kitchen and back. Guess I'll roll my dice with the hoards.

I'm fairly charismatic. Maybe I can run my own hoard during the marauding. I can turn it on the neighbor with the yappie dog that irritates me.

You now have only one minute.  Get your marauding hoard ... maybe text them to come over.

Online corbe

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 05:02:37 am »
   Franks only trying to depreciate your property so he can raise the rent on his @Emjay.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 05:04:44 am »
You now have only one minute.  Get your marauding hoard ... maybe text them to come over.

The people I have in mind for my hoard don't use phones. Leave too much of a trail for the fuzz. They have various issues with the constabulary.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 05:05:45 am »
The people I have in mind for my hoard don't use phones. Leave too much of a trail for the fuzz. They have various issues with the constabulary.

That's actually pretty smart.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 07:34:55 am »
Dang it!

I was going to take my dogs for a quick late night walk.  Now how can they possibly poop in the neighbors' yards when a few hundreds lawyers a thousand miles away can't agree on how to waste my great grandchildren's money?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 08:35:09 am »
Dang it!

I was going to take my dogs for a quick late night walk.  Now how can they possibly poop in the neighbors' yards when a few hundreds lawyers a thousand miles away can't agree on how to waste my great grandchildren's money?

Well, we walked anyway.  It's how we roll.

Dogs liked it.  Little bastages with their fur coats.  I was entirely uncomfortable.  It wasn't really cold, but the stiff breeze made me wish for a long sleeved shirt.  If only the gov't was open and I could wear long sleeves.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2018, 02:22:48 pm »
We're going to pay for this...

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2018, 02:29:35 pm »
Yawn...  Must have slept thu all the excitement of our 19th nervous breakdown.  I better stop and look around while still perfecting ways of making sealing wax.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."