Author Topic: Democratic Sen. Mark Warner texted with Russian oligarch lobbyist in effort to contact dossier autho  (Read 459 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Democratic Sen. Mark Warner texted with Russian oligarch lobbyist in effort to contact dossier author Christopher Steele
Fox News, Feb 8, 2018, Ed Henry

EXCLUSIVE  –  Sen. Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee who has been leading a congressional investigation into President Trump's alleged ties to Russia, had extensive contact last year with a lobbyist for a Russian oligarch who was offering Warner access to former British spy and dossier author Christopher Steele, according to text messages obtained exclusively by Fox News.

"We have so much to discuss u need to be careful but we can help our country," Warner texted the lobbyist, Adam Waldman, on March 22, 2017.  "I'm in," Waldman, whose firm has ties to Hillary Clinton, texted back to Warner. 

Secrecy seemed very important to Warner as the conversation with Waldman heated up March 29, when the lobbyist revealed that Steele wanted a bipartisan letter from Warner and the committee’s chairman, North Carolina Republican Sen. Richard Burr, inviting him to talk to the Senate intelligence panel.

Throughout the text exchanges, Warner seemed particularly intent on connecting directly with Steele without anyone else on the Senate Intelligence Committee being in the loop -- at least initially. In one text to the lobbyist, Warner wrote that he would "rather not have a paper trail" of his messages.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/08/democratic-sen-mark-warner-texted-with-russian-oligarch-lobbyist-in-effort-to-contact-dossier-author-christopher-steele.html

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
In one text to the lobbyist, Warner wrote that he would "rather not have a paper trail" of his messages.

Well, archived texts aren't paper, so good job.  What a dumbass.  Shouldn't be surprising, I guess, when we're talking about a guy who met his wife at a frat kegger - when he was 30.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Hoodat

More Democrats colluding with Russians,

As a general rule, any time Democrats accuse you of wrongdoing, it means they are already doing it themselves,
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
More Democrats colluding with Russians,

As a general rule, any time Democrats accuse you of wrongdoing, it means they are already doing it themselves,

Yep! Spot on!  It's their MO from WAY back!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Mueller, the Press, Sessions, McConnell, Gowdy, et.al., will all ignore it. Like it never happened, no matter how much clear evidence there is.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

Mueller, the Press, Sessions, McConnell, Gowdy, et.al., will all ignore it. Like it never happened, no matter how much clear evidence there is.

Most folks are jaded about politicians anymore.  We came to it the same way we first learned what happens when you touch fire.

Offline mountaineer

Imperator_Rex   @Imperator_Rex3
2h2 hours ago

Well, well, well.

I always wondered when we'd first hear of Congressional Dems being implicated in the Fusion GPS scam. Seems we may have our first conspirator, lil' Mark Warner.

Conspiring with Putin's oligarchs, no less. Oh my. Gee -  wonder if Adam Schiff is involved ? 🤔
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

If only the Virginia GOP would run a Conservative candidate against Warner.  But that is asking too much.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

Go HERE to see Warner's texts.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

Marco Rubio undercuts report on Mark Warner attempting to talk to Trump dossier author: It has 'zero impact' on Intel probe
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/marco-rubio-undercuts-report-on-mark-warner-attempting-to-talk-to-trump-dossier-author-it-has-zero-impact-on-intel-probe/article/2648598

OK, Rubio.....he disclosed it to the committee four months ago.  That still doesn't explain his comments on not wanting to leave a paper trial.  Someone truly interested in transparency doesn't say that.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

OK, Rubio.....he disclosed it to the committee four months ago.  That still doesn't explain his comments on not wanting to leave a paper trial.  Someone truly interested in transparency doesn't say that.

You aren't supposed to notice things like that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline edpc

You aren't supposed to notice things like that!

LOL....

Basically, it seems like Warner got caught with his hands in the cookie jar and tried to say, "I'm just making sure they're all still there."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:07:49 pm by edpc »

Oceander

I don’t care what Rubio says, that’s dirty pool and shows the democrats are just as much in it up to their necks. Warner has some explaining to do.