Author Topic: Graham hits Paul on call to bring troops home: 'Last time we ignored Afghanistan we got 9/11'  (Read 291 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham hits Paul on call to bring troops home: 'Last time we ignored Afghanistan we got 9/11'
By Brett Samuels - 02/08/18 05:59 PM EST

Sen. Lindsey Graham (S.C.) on Thursday hit back at his Republican colleague Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.) for suggesting that bringing U.S. troops home from Afghanistan would help solve budget issues.

“Last time we ignored Afghanistan we got 9/11. Nearly 3000 lives lost and billions of dollars spent because we ignored Afghanistan. Never again,” Graham tweeted.

Graham, who sits on the Senate Armed Services Committee, added that only Paul and the Taliban think it’s a good idea to pull out of Afghanistan right away.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/373040-graham-hits-paul-over-calls-to-pull-out-of-afghanistan-last-time-we-ignored
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
It wasn’t Afghanistan we ignored.  It was bin Laden.

http://articles.latimes.com/2001/dec/05/opinion/oe-ijaz05

I guarantee you the documents Berger stole from the archives show just how poorly Clinton and his team handled the whole affair.  It’s probably beyond embarrassing and damaging, which is why Berger was never thrown in jail.  A trial would require info release through discovery.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Graham, who sits on the Senate Armed Services Committee, added that only Paul and the Taliban think it’s a good idea to pull out of Afghanistan right away.

I wonder how long Graham expects us to save the Afghanis from themselves?