Author Topic: Completely Missing the Point on Lisa Page’s Obama Text (This changes everything)  (Read 533 times)

Offline endicom

National Review
Andrew C. McCarthy
Feb. 8, 2018

Excerpt:

Uh, guys, counterintelligence is not law enforcement. If Obama demanded an intelligence briefing, that indicates he was doing what he was supposed to be doing as president.

Your play here is not that Obama is a liar. It is that the president is supposed to “interfere” in intelligence investigations. That makes the Trump-Russia obstruction narrative patently absurd.

More... http://www.nationalreview.com/article/456222/lisa-page-obama-fbi-text-shows-trump-obstruction-claims-absurdity

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Andrew is right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Andrew is right!

This means that we have been arguing a chimera. A whole bunch of bloggers have, too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

He raises a very good point in regards to the FISA applications....that's "counter-intelligence".  But by his own standards, Obama should not have interfered in the Clinton email investigation ... this wasn't "counter-intelligence" but potentially criminal.

Of course the motive for the VISA applications still keeps Obama squarely on the hook for not stopping the unwarranted spying on a political opponent's campaign ---- as does the political motive to shut down the investigation in Ms. Hillary.

Edited to correct FISA ....

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:11:24 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
He raises a very good point in regards to the VISA applications....that's "counter-intelligence".  But by his own standards, Obama should not have interfered in the Clinton email investigation ... this wasn't "counter-intelligence" but potentially criminal.

Of course the motive for the VISA applications still keeps Obama squarely on the hook for not stopping the unwarranted spying on a political opponent's campaign ---- as does the political motive to shut down the investigation in Ms. Hillary.

@Right_in_Virginia

I think you mean FISA applications.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
This means that we have been arguing a chimera. A whole bunch of bloggers have, too.

Well it certainly is a many headed monster!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline endicom

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Or MasterCard.

@Right_in_Virginia

Maybe we should check Visa applications as well!  Especially to countries we have no extradition treaties with!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I have never understood this from the beginning of the whole thing. FISA is the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. How does spying on an American citizen fall under their jurisdiction? Shouldn't they have been surveilling the foreign spies they thought he was going to make contact with, and not him?

Regardless of the flimsy so called 'evidence' that they presented to the court, the whole thing should have been declared illegal on its face. The concept itself is illegal and it is beyond the purview of the FISA courts to even make a ruling at all. FISA courts are not supposed to be set up to authorize spying on Americans. But that is just what they did.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:51:41 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Completely Missing the Point on Lisa Page’s Obama Text
An FBI intel briefing of the former president shows the silliness of the Trump obstruction inquiry.
By Andrew C. McCarthy — February 8, 2018

Ever watch one of those games in which it looks like the road team is inadvertently doing everything it can to give the game away but the home team is too inept to capitalize?

Welcome to the “Trump-Russia” investigation and the pro-Trump media’s coverage of the latest “stunning” revelation: a text in which two top FBI counterintelligence officials discuss the fact that the president “wants to know everything we’re doing.”

This has much of the conservative media crowing: The text, commentators exclaim, shows that Obama lied four months earlier when he claimed — hilariously, to be sure — that he never interfered in law-enforcement matters.   

Uh, guys, counterintelligence is not law enforcement. If Obama demanded an intelligence briefing, that indicates he was doing what he was supposed to be doing as president.

Your play here is not that Obama is a liar. It is that the president is supposed to “interfere” in intelligence investigations. That makes the Trump-Russia obstruction narrative patently absurd.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/456222/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/02/08/andy-mccarthys-insight-on-the-strzok-page-text-on-obama/

Andy McCarthy’s Insight on the Strzok-Page Text on Obama

Feb 8, 2018

RUSH: We have a little bit of an update on this story from The Daily Caller: “FBI Missed Clinton Emails Openly Marked ‘Classified,’ Wanted to Conclude Probe Before the Inspector General Caught the Mistake.” Look, everything we’re learning about this just confirms what we are pretty confident we know, and that is the fix was in when it comes to any investigation of Hillary Clinton. It was never, ever gonna amount to anything — just like it never, ever has.

There never has been an investigation of the Clintons that ever went anywhere, short of Bill Clinton being caught lying under oath testifying to Ken Starr in a grand jury. That would be hard to cover up. But he got a slap on the wrist for it. He kept his office in the presidency but lost his law license (he wasn’t even using it) and the Democrat Party made him their ranking biggest star until Obama came along.

But this story is “The FBI didn’t flag that some emails from Hillary Clinton’s private email server were marked classified with a ‘(C)’ when they were sent — something that seemingly would have been one of the first and most obvious checks in an investigation… The Intelligence Community Inspector General noticed it after the FBI missed it, texts between” Strzok and Lisa Page. Man, these people were doing nothing but texting each other.

continued..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

I think you mean FISA applications.

I do, @Bigun   Thanks!   :laugh:

Offline MOD8

Merged Topics