Author Topic: Would Black Panther have a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score if it were White Panther?  (Read 1444 times)

Offline goatprairie

@goatprairie

I get what you are saying,too. I suspect we are basically in agreement,except for you think it has to do with morality,and I don't think they even know the meaning of the word.
Well, that's just it. Despite shrieking about not wanting morality forced down their throats, liberals/leftists have their own morality....leftist-defined morality. They're quite fond of shoving their morality down are throats, but nobody else, mainly conservatives, should try to display and practice their morality.
You're correct in the general sense that what they believe is rotten...a rotten moral code.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It was announced on teebee this morning that the Black Panther movie has already set a record for ticket sales,and it isn't even in theaters yet. Those were pre-sales.

They also mentioned that some black celebs were buying up all the tickets in certain theaters and giving them away to "po ghetto rat chil-runs" (ok,ok. I made that up. They actually said "poor black children") so they could see a black Super Hero in action and be inspired. Which is really a way of saying there are no black heroes to be seen in black communities,so the little chil-runs have to admire a fictional hero.

A word of warning for any of you who are not black. Don't even THINK about attending this movie at a movie theater. If you want to see it,wait and buy or rent the video. The closest movie theater to me is in a majority black city,and they actually had riots and had to call out the city  SWAT team when "the natives got restless" and started breaking out the glasses and assaulting the ticket taker and ushers after the movie sold out and there were no more seats to sit in when the last Eddie Murphy "watch me outsmart the white guys" movie came out.  Seems like they thought it was some sort of white conspiracy to keep da bruthas doawn by the theater management when they decided they didn't want to make more money,so they just refused to sell tickets to black Eddie Murphy fans causen deys bees black!"

If you are white,you don't want to be the only snowball in the coal bin if you want to keep living,so stay away.

Can't wait to hear Bathhouse Barry endorse the movie.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Word up.  If you are white, stay the hell away from movie theaters when that turd hits the screen.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goatprairie

I might have liked a movie like this fifty years ago which is about the last time I read a comic book. I loved Marvel comics in the sixties, but at some point, late teens,  I lost interest.
The problem with this stupid movie is that appears many black people actually think it represents a real country in Africa. Maybe we could sponsor trips to Africa for many of those people who believe an African wonder city awaits them. Maybe when reality hits them, like Muhammad Ali, they'd be a little more grateful to be living in America. I can dream, can't I?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Word up.  If you are white, stay the hell away from movie theaters when that turd hits the screen.

@Wingnut

I am hoping that we are both wrong,and instead of rioting and assaulting white people,the movie ends up inspiring black teens,and they go back home and start taking out their own trash and decide to learn to be responsible for themselves,also. After all,who ever heard of a Super Hero with a bad elementary school education that is illiterate,can't or won't hold a job,and is barely intelligible when speaking to most people? Who ever heard of a Super Hero that pimps out his sister? Who ever heard of a Super Hero who was a crack dealer,burglar,or armed robber?

Yeah,it's asking a LOT of one movie to defeat 70 or so years of victim indoctrination,but it IS remotely possible.

Anyhow,let's all hope for the best and prepare for the worse.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:15:15 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!