Author Topic: Would Black Panther have a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score if it were White Panther?  (Read 1462 times)

rangerrebew

February 7, 2018
Would Black Panther have a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score if it were White Panther?
By Ed Straker

The liberal media is going ga-ga over the upcoming superhero movie Black Panther. What makes Black Panther different from other Marvel films is that the protagonist, as well as most of the cast, are black, and Africa is portrayed as a super technologically advanced continent filled with spaceships. As of this writing the film has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. What are the odds of every single film reviewer agreeing on this film... or any film?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/02/would_emblack_pantherem_have_a_100_rotten_tomatoes_score_if_it_were_emwhite_pantherem.html#ixzz56QTUz6bn

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
From the previews it has a very Malcolm x black power white is bad feel.

Not my idea of fun
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

Not my idea of fun

I wasn't aware that Rotten Tomatoes had swallowed the PC Koolaid.

They used to be good for rather entertaining snark.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline aligncare

So the trend continues. Hollywood sets America’s cultural standards, democrats codify it with the help of it’s media wing: the alphabet news networks, and America continues its long slide into splintered identity groups. And their work is done. !Diversity is our strength! Not rugged individualism, not liberty, but diversity.

Let’s face it, the Left owns the culture.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Any movie with a positive portrayal of Blacks or Gays is automatically guaranteed to be 'the best movie ever made' according to Hollywood, even if nobody in the public actually goes to see it and the movie loses money. Other guaranteed 'special movies' will be movies that portray any ethnic minority overcoming oppression by evil "White people" to succeed in life or whatever their goal is. Even though in the real world it is Cubans who persecute and oppress Cubans, Mexicans who persecute Mexicans, and Indians who persecute Indians.

But, of course, reality does not matter. The most important thing to those who live in the deluded PC bubble world is that anyone who is White, especially White and Christian, is evil. All non-White people are oppressed Saints who are virtuously struggling to overcome an unfair world which was created, of course, by the evil White people.

This is all fanciful, emotional, nonsense. But, it makes Hollywood feel good about themselves which is always the most important thing. Hollywood people, who are themselves overwhelmingly White people, feel guilty about all their undeserved wealth and fame. I mean, come on. They become multimillionaires by playing 'make believe' on film and they know it.

These ethnocentric movies are like absolution to them. It makes them feel like they are washing away all their sins. And if the ignorant, unwashed masses, don't go to see their self-indulgent exculpations it doesn't matter. This is not about money. It is much more about virtue signaling than it is about actually serving the public good or making money. Convincing themselves that they are important virtuous people is more important to Hollywood than money.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
When it comes to blacksploitation films I'd rather watch Shaft. Now he's a Bad Mother... Not some disney PC crap.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
February 7, 2018
Would Black Panther have a 100% Rotten Tomatoes score if it were White Panther?
By Ed Straker

The liberal media is going ga-ga over the upcoming superhero movie Black Panther. What makes Black Panther different from other Marvel films is that the protagonist, as well as most of the cast, are black, and Africa is portrayed as a super technologically advanced continent filled with spaceships. As of this writing the film has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. What are the odds of every single film reviewer agreeing on this film... or any film?

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/02/would_emblack_pantherem_have_a_100_rotten_tomatoes_score_if_it_were_emwhite_pantherem.html#ixzz56QTUz6bn

@rangerrebew

I dunno,but I am guessing the odds of any film reviewer that wants to keep his job being critical of it in ANY respect are at absolute zero. The PC Police will hound him or her out of the job and career within days.

And of course every tribal member in 'murika is going to see it multiple times,and many,many black children will be named after the lead character.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@driftdiver

Of course it does. That's what sells in the cities,and beyond ticket sales,they are going to make TONS of money selling stuff like "Black Panther" sneaks,warmup jackets,headbands,hats,jewelry,etc,etc,etc.

Offline WingNot

Rotten is removing all negative reviews so as not to have a repeat of the recent Starwars rating debacle.  An anti Disney group flooded the site with bad reviews.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

This is all fanciful, emotional, nonsense. But, it makes Hollywood feel good about themselves which is always the most important thing. Hollywood people, who are themselves overwhelmingly White people, feel guilty about all their undeserved wealth and fame. I mean, come on. They become multimillionaires by playing 'make believe' on film and they know it.

I disagree. The most important thing to Hollywood and the creatures that control it is MONEY AND POWER. They are ALWAYS linked. If you have one,you automatically have the other.

These ethnocentric movies are like absolution to them. It makes them feel like they are washing away all their sins. And if the ignorant, unwashed masses, don't go to see their self-indulgent exculpations it doesn't matter. This is not about money.

It is ALWAYS about money. ALWAYS. EVERYTHING else is a distant second.

It is much more about virtue signaling than it is about actually serving the public good or making money. Convincing themselves that they are important virtuous people is more important to Hollywood than money.

Once again,IT IS ABOUT THE MONEY. NOTHING else even comes close. If you are a child rapist and murderer that cuts up,cooks,and sells the meat from your child victims from street vendor carts,you will be admired for doing it in Hollywood if you have enough money the rest of Hollywood thinks they can suck up to you and get to dip their beaks into your money pool.

Just look at how many big stars and stuido execs petitioned the government for years to get a pardon for Roman Polanski so he would be free to come back to America and make more movies so he would provide more jobs and profits for them,and Polanski was convicted of drugging and raping a 14 year old girl when she came to his house to audition for a legitimate role in a movie he was going to direct and produce.

With the upper class American left,it is ALWAYS ABOUT THE MONEY.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I wasn't aware that Rotten Tomatoes had swallowed the PC Koolaid.

They used to be good for rather entertaining snark.
It's an aggregator of professional critics' opinions. Unfortunately, they're like backsides. Everyone has one and they usually stink.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I actually have enjoyed most of the Marvel movies with Captain America The Winter Soldier my hands-down favorite in the series.

That said, I am taking a pass on this one despite the gushing reviews from comic boy fans who saw a press screening.  I'm not into SJW spun up in comic sci-fi.

That BLM and the media have repurposed this movie as some kind of vehicle to illustrate that this comic book is somehow the truth of what Africa would have been if there were no White people on earth is a propaganda meme I am not going to reward with a viewing.

I refused to see that stupid Tarantino flick Django - even when I could have watched and owned the flick for free.  Same as I refused to see or own the live action Beauty and the Beast movie over the director's glee that he turned one of the characters into a homosexual.

Nope, am not going to subject myself to seeing in-my-face propaganda - whether by the director or by a media mob who hijacks a film to push a narrative.  The BLM movement are insisting this film will surpass all other movies in box office popularity and will 'win' Best Picture' next year.   The only comic guy I know who has already seen the film whom I respect, said the best thing the movie does is world building a fictional place into something believable. 

And it has to.  The real truth of Africa's history is one that makes the idea of a super-advanced sci-fi culture of Zulu warriors, laughable.

I'll see the character in another movie in May with Marvel's next big tentpole - Avengers Infinity War. 

I do not need to see this one.  The trailers haven't impressed me at all anyway. 
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline WingNot

Is "Mandingo" out on DVD yet?

• Wulf Anson Author
When it comes to blacksploitation films I'd rather watch Shaft. Now he's a Bad Mother... Not some disney PC crap.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is ALWAYS about money. ALWAYS. EVERYTHING else is a distant second.
@sneakypete

No. Not really. I understand your point. I get what you are saying. But Hollywood is agenda driven, more than money driven. The want Polanski because he fits the agenda. If Polanski was a Right-wing Christian, Hollywood would be calling for his execution, no matter how wealthy he is. The Koch brothers apparently have about 50 Billion in net worth, and Hollywood views them as the worst people on the face of the Earth. Only because they do not support the agenda.

Nobody in Hollywood would touch Passion of the Christ which made well over half a Billion dollars. And Mel Gibson became a pariah on the Left coast. Not because they thought it was a bad movie. And certainly not because of violence and gore, Hollywood lives on that. It didn't fit the agenda.

Since the election of Trump, there has been a discernible rise in patriotism in America. A patriotic movie would very likely make a lot of money. However, there are no pro-America, pro-military, movies coming out of Hollywood, and won't be any for the foreseeable future. It doesn't fit their agenda.

Even Disney, which at one time was God, Flag, and Country, is now into sexualizing children, ridiculing and disparaging Christmas, gay agenda, and full blown Leftism. Like most of Hollywood, they are calculating that even if they lose market share with our generation, the next generation will be 'normalized' to it and will accept it without question.

I get the power/money angle, but Hollywood is very agenda driven. They will turn down potentially 'blockbuster' movies if they feel the movie is not promoting 'Hollywood values' and the Leftist agenda.

The Leftist agenda is their power. If the Right in America was ever powerful enough to put Hollywood in check, they would be finished, and they know that. Hollywood is not pushing the Leftist agenda for Leftism. They are pushing the Leftist agenda for themselves and their own power.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

I think you both have good points. I will only add that family friendly movies make a ton of money yet many filmmakers look down on that genre and instead make horrible disgusting movies that attract a subset of Americans and that make much less money.

• Wulf Anson Author
I think you both have good points. I will only add that family friendly movies make a ton of money yet many filmmakers look down on that genre and instead make horrible disgusting movies that attract a subset of Americans and that make much less money.

@aligncare

Look at what leftist Hollywood did to the Western genre.

The on screen moral values are pretty clear cut between the white hats and black hats.

We had Silverado and Tombstone.

Both made buckets of money.

How come no more?

Political bias pervades that industry top to bottom.

• Wulf Anson Author
They foisted Broke Back Mountain on us as a 'Western'.

Public told them to go suck an egg.

Hollywood's reaction?

"Well, I guess they just don't Like Westerns today, so to hell with them."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

No. Not really. I understand your point. I get what you are saying. But Hollywood is agenda driven, more than money driven. The want Polanski because he fits the agenda. If Polanski was a Right-wing Christian, Hollywood would be calling for his execution, no matter how wealthy he is. The Koch brothers apparently have about 50 Billion in net worth, and Hollywood views them as the worst people on the face of the Earth. Only because they do not support the agenda.

Nobody in Hollywood would touch Passion of the Christ which made well over half a Billion dollars. And Mel Gibson became a pariah on the Left coast. Not because they thought it was a bad movie. And certainly not because of violence and gore, Hollywood lives on that. It didn't fit the agenda.

I really,really,REALLY hate to mention this,but Judaism and "being a member of the Tribe" is also a major factor at play,even though the typical Hollywood Jew is about as devoutly religious as I am. It is even the biggest factor at play when it comes to Polanski,IMHO. Jews do have a long history of being victims,so on that level you really can't blame them for circling the wagons around a fellow tribal member,even one as evil as Polanski. In my OPINION it's a "If you protect one us us,you protect all of us!" thing. I don't agree with it,but I do understand it.

Even Disney, which at one time was God, Flag, and Country, is now into sexualizing children, ridiculing and disparaging Christmas, gay agenda, and full blown Leftism. Like most of Hollywood, they are calculating that even if they lose market share with our generation, the next generation will be 'normalized' to it and will accept it without question.

There ya go. It's a business decision. In addition to profits from movies,there are immense profits down the road because despite being Jewish by birth,they are "One World Globalists" by conviction,and their ultimate shared goal with the rest of the 1 Worlders is a world where they are in control and pay no taxes on profits.

I get the power/money angle, but Hollywood is very agenda driven.

And I get the agenda angle. The truth is all three are inseparable. None can stand alone.

They will turn down potentially 'blockbuster' movies if they feel the movie is not promoting 'Hollywood values' and the Leftist agenda.

Self-defense. Don't forget,these are people who are mostly from banking families hundreds of years old. They take the long view,and to hell with the short game.

The Leftist agenda is their power. If the Right in America was ever powerful enough to put Hollywood in check, they would be finished, and they know that. Hollywood is not pushing the Leftist agenda for Leftism. They are pushing the Leftist agenda for themselves and their own power.

BINGO! We are saying the same things in different ways.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:14:02 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Victoria33

bookmark

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Harvey Milk - the sensationalized story about some gay guy that got mugged and killed

Domestic gross was less than $20,000. What did Hollywood say about that?
https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Harvey-Milk#tab=summary

They didn't say it was a bad movie about a subject that only a handful of people in America and the world care about. Instead they said that the movie was too sophisticated and intellectual for Americans to grasp. No. It was not them or their crap movie that was to blame. It was America's fault for being too stupid to understand how righteous and perfect the film is.

Hollywood will turn down family friendly, patriotic, or Christian themed movies every time, in favor of gay movies, White oppression against minorities movies, debauchery movies of any kind, and torture/slasher movies which are the most disgusting of all. It is all about tearing down the foundations of America for them.

And even if they do make a so called 'family' movie. They sex it up. Make the Father look like a fool. Show marriage to be a sham, and on and on. It is all about ridicule of any aspect of American society, no matter what it is.

I have heard/read lots of stories about producers getting a G or PG rating who go back and re-edit the movie so that it will get an R rating. An R rating in Hollywood is respect, no matter how much money they lose. G or PG movies are look down on by the elitists over there, no matter how much money they make. It is not about money.

It's all about agenda.

Offline WingNot

Thank God for Clint Eastwood.  The movie "15:17 to Paris" would never be made by liberal Hollywood.  It will be critically panned.  But it will make a ton of money because real people in the real America enjoy watching movies about real heroes not stores about faggoty and such.

Offline goatprairie

@sneakypete

Since the election of Trump, there has been a discernible rise in patriotism in America. A patriotic movie would very likely make a lot of money. However, there are no pro-America, pro-military, movies coming out of Hollywood, and won't be any for the foreseeable future. It doesn't fit their agenda.

I get the power/money angle, but Hollywood is very agenda driven. They will turn down potentially 'blockbuster' movies if they feel the movie is not promoting 'Hollywood values' and the Leftist agenda.

"However, there are no pro-America, pro-military, movies coming out of Hollywood, and won't be any for the foreseeable future. It doesn't fit their agenda."

During the last Iraq war, a movie about the Marines taking Fallujah would probably have made a mint. Whether a war is popular or  not, most Americans love to see patriotic movies with our guys winning.
Naturally, the movie was not made. Instead, Hollyweird made numerous anti-Iraq war flicks that didn't draw flies. Even after early anti Iraq war flicks bombed (no pun intended), they still cranked out the same anti war flicks one after the other. They all failed miserably at the box office.  They didn't care, they wanted to make a point/virtue signal.
It's not all about money in Hollyweird. A lot of it is, but not all of it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"However, there are no pro-America, pro-military, movies coming out of Hollywood, and won't be any for the foreseeable future. It doesn't fit their agenda."

During the last Iraq war, a movie about the Marines taking Fallujah would probably have made a mint. Whether a war is popular or  not, most Americans love to see patriotic movies with our guys winning.
Naturally, the movie was not made. Instead, Hollyweird made numerous anti-Iraq war flicks that didn't draw flies. Even after early anti Iraq war flicks bombed (no pun intended), they still cranked out the same anti war flicks one after the other. They all failed miserably at the box office.  They didn't care, they wanted to make a point/virtue signal.
It's not all about money in Hollyweird. A lot of it is, but not all of it.

@goatprairie

I get what you are saying,too. I suspect we are basically in agreement,except for you think it has to do with morality,and I don't think they even know the meaning of the word.

It's a easy hole to fall into to because regardless of what position the left takes on anything,they always stake it out as Holy Ground and their position is the moral one and not to be questioned. Which of course sets off bells because if it is truly a moral stand,it can stand public questioning,
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 04:02:56 am by sneakypete »

Offline Frank Cannon

Bleh. Whenever the Left tries to jam something down our throats, it fails miserably.