Author Topic: After Rob Porter's domestic abuse revelation, John Kelly has some explaining to do  (Read 395 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
After Rob Porter's domestic abuse revelation, John Kelly has some explaining to do
by Siraj Hashmi | Feb 8, 2018, 12:55 PM

When retired Marine Corps General John Kelly departed from his post as the secretary for the Department of Homeland Security for the White House to become President Trump's chief of staff, he was initially dubbed the "adult in the room."

Over seven months into the job, Kelly has proved he's anything but.

From getting into the political equivalent of a bar fight with Rep. Fredricka Wilson, D-Fla., over a phone call President Trump made to the grieving widow of Army Sgt. La David Johnson to making questionable comments that ignored the root cause of the Civil War, Kelly's worldview has been concerning at the very least.

However, after it was reported that White House aide Rob Porter choked and dragged his two ex-wives and subsequently resigned from his position as staff secretary, this has become the final straw for Kelly.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/after-rob-porters-domestic-abuse-revelation-john-kelly-has-some-explaining-to-do/article/2648514
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Typical muck-raking.

Rob Porter was a closet wife-abuser.  His own wives did not admit it for years.  How was Kelly supposed to know?

I like Kelly.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
How was Kelly supposed to know?

According to Politico, Kelly knew about a protective order that Porter's second wife had obtained and that it prevented from obtaining a full security clearance. Instead of removing Porter from his role, Kelly decided to keep him on anyway.

It’s in the story and it’s been explained to you on a different thread about the same subject.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
According to Politico, Kelly knew about a protective order that Porter's second wife had obtained and that it prevented from obtaining a full security clearance. Instead of removing Porter from his role, Kelly decided to keep him on anyway.

It’s in the story and it’s been explained to you on a different thread about the same subject.

We have no way of know whether or not Porter discussed this with Kelly or what he said.  A lot of guys would say, "I had a crazy ex-wife ... she was a drama queen, blah, blah, blah."

And some people do have crazy wives.  @sneakypete made this same allegation earlier on this thread.

If it makes you happy to think Kelly knowingly colluded with what he knew to be an abuser, than have fun with that.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Typical muck-raking.

Rob Porter was a closet wife-abuser.  His own wives did not admit it for years.  How was Kelly supposed to know?

I like Kelly.

I have a SIL that endured a violent husband for a time. She would leave, then return.

He was handsome, accomplished, smart, but also explosively violent.

The go, return I think is related to what we call "Stockholm Syndrome."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I have a SIL that endured a violent husband for a time. She would leave, then return.

He was handsome, accomplished, smart, but also explosively violent.

The go, return I think is related to what we call "Stockholm Syndrome."

Or 'battered wife syndrome.'

Sometimes the wife has other easy options.  Sometimes she doesn't.

This is a sad story and the guy involved has been outed and has resigned.

It has little to do with any kind of collusion or corruption in the White House.

Offline Suppressed

It's really quite amusing how far @Emjay is willing to bend over backwards to try to avoid looking at something right in front of her.  Please keep pointing out the absurdity, @edpc
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If it makes you happy to think Kelly knowingly colluded with what he knew to be an abuser, than have fun with that.

It’s exactly what he did and doesn’t make me happy at all.  That’s kind of the point.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Hoodat

After the regurgitation of Rob Porter's 15-year-old domestic abuse revelation rerun, John Kelly has some explaining to do  .  .  . 

There, fixed it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-