Author Topic: More cities trying to sue energy companies over “damages” from climate change  (Read 569 times)

rangerrebew

More cities trying to sue energy companies over “damages” from climate change

Jazz ShawPosted at 6:41 pm on February 5, 2018

In January I wrote about one of the more remarkable cases in the history of frivolous lawsuits. New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio was initiating court action against the major oil companies, claiming that they caused Hurricane Sandy, rising sea levels at Battery Park, hotter summers, colder winters and male pattern baldness. (Okay… I may have made up that last one but he’ll probably get to it sooner or later.) At the time I explained why the case was full of more holes than a swiss cheese and assumed it would simply be written off as a stunt.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/02/05/cities-trying-sue-energy-companies-damages-climate-change/

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
Some cities may be suing.  Anybody can sue anybody for anything.

We don't have that sort of a problem in Southwestern AZ.  Just gets hot in the summer.  Enough to kill ya sometimes!

*bouche*
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I think a lot of this is not expecting a huge payoff from the energy companies, but to restrain the Pension funds from investing in them.

A sneak attack from the flanks.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington