Author Topic: Pelosi sets record with eight-hour House speech on immigration  (Read 425 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi sets record with eight-hour House speech on immigration
« on: February 08, 2018, 12:24:53 am »
Pelosi sets record with eight-hour House speech on immigration
By Cristina Marcos - 02/07/18 04:09 PM EST

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) staged the closest thing to a filibuster in the chamber on Wednesday as she spoke for more than eight consecutive hours, setting a House record as she demanded a commitment from Republicans to vote on an immigration-reform bill.

As Senate leaders unveiled a bipartisan budget deal across the Capitol, Pelosi held the House floor warning that she wouldn’t vote for it without a firmer commitment from Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) that the House will consider legislation to protect young immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children.

Pelosi, 77, stood in dark blue, four-inch stilettos the whole time as she read aloud stories of individual immigrants, known as “Dreamers,” and argued the merits of allowing them to stay in the country.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/372796-pelosi-holds-house-floor-in-filibuster-style-speech-demanding
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: Pelosi sets record with eight-hour House speech on immigration
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 12:30:43 am »
8 hours?

By Monday evening she'll be the #1 search return for the 2 words "Idiot Memes".
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:00:31 am »
 :silly:  8 hours of comedic entertainment...can't wait to see the youtube videos.  Not to mention the comedic value of a 77 year old senile woman standing in 4-inch stilettos.  By golly, Melania you've met you're match!  :silly:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 01:02:53 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 01:02:57 am »
I can just imagine what this idiot covered in her 8 hour snooze-a-thon....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 01:05:03 am »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2018, 04:37:00 am »
:silly:  8 hours of comedic entertainment...can't wait to see the youtube videos.  Not to mention the comedic value of a 77 year old senile woman standing in 4-inch stilettos.  By golly, Melania you've met you're match!  :silly:

I saw a clip.  I wonder if she said the same thing over an over for eight hours?  How did people stay awake?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2018, 05:01:41 am »
How did people stay awake?

Handfuls of Adderall with espresso chasers.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 05:04:52 am »
@mystery-ak

She is in bad mental shape - I'm surprised she is only 77.  She can't find words to speak and stays confused.  She must have had all she said in those hours on paper as she could not have thought of enough words to say on her own.

I have thought for years the Dems keep her only as a figure head so other Dem reps do the work without anyone bothering them and they give her updates to keep her sort of, kind of, attached to them.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 05:58:07 am »
This ploy worked better in the minds of rat sycophants than it did here.  The mini-buster wasn't for republican consumption.  It is lip service to the rat voters who expected a funding showdown over DACA.  When it comes to pursuing the rat party's stated goals to solve DACA or spending $100,000,000,000 the rats looked over at the GOP.  The rats saw the GOP's whorish abandonment of economic restraint and the rats grabbed the cash too.

When the rats can't deliver on DACA at least they can point to this speech.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 01:41:44 pm »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 05:12:03 pm »
Pelosi with this speech Attends to the dreamers with Tranquility and Dignity, she has taken Maxi Care and Select ideas with Wings to have a post political career Always in mind representing Depends.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.