Author Topic: Tim Allen Joins Anti-PC Comedy Documentary ‘No Safe Spaces’  (Read 794 times)

rangerrebew

Tim Allen Joins Anti-PC Comedy Documentary ‘No Safe Spaces’

By Matt | Contributor | February 5, 2018 2:49PM

Not only is Tim Allen a Republican in Hollywood, he dared have a show in which he played one on television. For 130 episodes, his show “Last Man Standing” commonly expressed conservative views to an audience of almost 9 million per episode.

Despite the show’s wild success, it was canceled in May of 2017 after six seasons, and many quickly began to suspect that politics played a role in the cancellation. Allen simply said that he was “stunned and blindsided by the network I called home for the last six years.”

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/tim-allen-political-correctness/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=criticalimpact&utm_campaign=TPI_Morning_Newsletter_2_6_2018&utm_content=4371d3fdbb69c3b8a6473c7b9fa19141&source=CI

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Tim Allen Joins Anti-PC Comedy Documentary ‘No Safe Spaces’
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 03:12:46 am »
I've watched a few episodes of Last Man Standing and they aren't bad.  But I can't stand sit coms with either studio audience or canned laughs.

But I've enjoyed the ones I've watched.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 03:35:07 am »
I've watched a few episodes of Last Man Standing and they aren't bad.  But I can't stand sit coms with either studio audience or canned laughs.

But I've enjoyed the ones I've watched.
Meh.

I've watched several episodes of Last Man Standing and just couldn't get into it nor did I find it all that funny. I found it sort of flat.

For one thing, all the daughters as portrayed on the show were IMO very annoying and not at all very likable, and the wife was, well not much likeable either and not a very strong character, even if shrill and unlikable at times like the wife on Every Body Loves Raymond who was still very funny. And that was a consistently funny show with a great ensemble cast and some great writing.

I thought that the only interesting or funny character on the show was the boss played by Héctor Elizondo.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 04:27:20 am »
Meh.

I've watched several episodes of Last Man Standing and just couldn't get into it nor did I find it all that funny. I found it sort of flat.

For one thing, all the daughters as portrayed on the show were IMO very annoying and not at all very likable, and the wife was, well not much likeable either and not a very strong character, even if shrill and unlikable at times like the wife on Every Body Loves Raymond who was still very funny. And that was a consistently funny show with a great ensemble cast and some great writing.

I thought that the only interesting or funny character on the show was the boss played by Héctor Elizondo.

I thought the show was great, but the speakers on my TV are broken and I haven't gotten around to fixing them yet....