Author Topic: Durbin: With President Trump Failing To Lead, Congress Must Pass The Bipartisan Dream Act Now  (Read 341 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin: With President Trump Failing To Lead, Congress Must Pass The Bipartisan Dream Act Now

WASHINGTON—Five months since the Trump Administration terminated the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program and called for Congress to come up with a legislative solution, U.S. Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) today once again came to the Senate floor to call on Republican leaders in Congress to pass the bipartisan Dream Act now. 

In his speech, Durbin noted that just four weeks ago—in a nationally televised White House meeting—President Trump himself acknowledged that the DACA crisis must be addressed first, before any attempt to turn to comprehensive immigration reform.  In that meeting, the President said that he wanted to protect DACA recipients, and he would sign any bipartisan bill that Congress sent him.  In reality, President Trump has walked away from three separate, bipartisan offers to fund his broadly unpopular and partisan southern border wall in exchange for the broadly popular and bipartisan Dream Act.  On the backs of Dreamers, the White House is attempting to dramatically reduce legal immigration by prohibiting American citizens from sponsoring their parents, siblings, and adult or married children as immigrants.  The President’s immigration framework would also fast-track deportations of women and children who come to our border fleeing gang and sexual violence.

more
https://www.durbin.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/durbin-with-president-trump-failing-to-lead-congress-must-pass-the-bipartisan-dream-act-now
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He would need a veto proof plan.  Good luck getting that.

**nononono*
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:37:00 am by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Turban didn't really get much mileage out of the "Shithole/Chain Migration" flap. I don't think anyone cares what he has to say. Hell, this isn't even news. It's a press release.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Turban didn't really get much mileage out of the "Shithole/Chain Migration" flap. I don't think anyone cares what he has to say. Hell, this isn't even news. It's a press release.

Why are so many democrat congress people so stupid looking?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
The President’s immigration framework would also fast-track deportations of women and children who come to our border fleeing gang and sexual violence.

America is full of gang and sex violence.  Not saving anyone from anything.  The border itself is gang violence, human trafficking and rape.  Its a business and if politicians don't put a stop to it they are involved in the same.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline anubias

Nailed it.  He is a known liar and nobody pays him any attention unless he says something salacious.