Author Topic: Speier on Trump's desire for military parade: 'We have a Napoleon in the making'  (Read 393 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Speier on Trump's desire for military parade: 'We have a Napoleon in the making'
By Brett Samuels - 02/06/18 09:12 PM EST

Rep. Jackie Speier (D-Calif.) on Tuesday ripped reports that the Pentagon is organizing a military parade at President Trump’s direction, comparing the president to French leader Napoleon Bonaparte.

“I was stunned by it to be quite honest. I mean, we have a Napoleon in the making here. And I believe that we have so many issues around the world in terms of preparing for wars that are ongoing, and wars that may be in the offing because of what’s happening in North Korea, that I would say that it’s really a waste of money,” Speier told CNN's Anderson Cooper.

“I think everyone should be offended by his need to always be showing. He’s truly Napoleon-like,” she added, referring to Bonaparte, who led France's military in the French Revolution before becoming the country’s dictator.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/372667-speier-on-trumps-desire-for-military-parade-we-have-a-napoleon-in-the-making
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trying to impress Rocket Man? 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

I was stunned by it to be quite honest.

Sure you were because you would like to abolish the military and turn the bases into gay bath houses.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
If Napoleon had tanks, we wouldn’t have a Russia controversy taking up bandwidth and newspaper space.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline anubias

President Trump is incredibly supportive of America’s great service members who risk their lives  every day to keep our country safe. He has asked the Department of Defense to explore a celebration at which all Americans can show their appreciation,” Sanders said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/06/trump-orders-military-celebration-in-washington-dc.html

It seems he was impressed by one in France; thus the reason the cow is calling him “Napoleon”.