Author Topic: Kaine hits Trump over shutdown threat: If you don't want to work, take some extra 'executive time'  (Read 478 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kaine hits Trump over shutdown threat: If you don't want to work, take some extra 'executive time'
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 02/06/18 03:40 PM EST

Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.) ripped President Trump for saying he would “love to see” a government shutdown, asking why Trump is "constantly rooting for a government shutdown?"

“Look, if you don’t wanna work, just take some extra 'executive time' — don’t threaten the economy or thousands of federal workers. OK?” he added.

Kaine included screenshots of an Associated Press tweet quoting Trump saying he would “love to see a government shutdown” if Democrats didn’t meet his demands on immigration, as well as Trump’s tweet last year saying the U.S. “needs a good ‘shutdown.’”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/372592-kaine-hits-trump-over-shutdown-threat-if-you-dont-want-to-work-take-some
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Little Timmy stole that line from someone else.  How original.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Ooooohhh.....horsies!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:59:04 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Little Timmy stole that line from someone else.  How original.

I think we now know the new lib/media talking point .... 

Offline skeeter

The writer deserves props for some creative writing here.

Suddenly its Trump threatening a shutdown if the democrats won't accede to his immigration demands.

It seems Trump has laid a big concession on the table, one thats gonna get him in hot water with his base, and its the democrats who refuse to give an inch. If there's a shutdown over immigration its their quite unreasonable demand for DACA consideration only that will cause it.

I guess they're still smarting over the beating they took during the last shutdown and are determined to turn the tables.

Offline Frank Cannon

Ooooohhh.....horsies!

Is that Timmy riding on the short bus?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Famous moments in SOTU responses.

Joe Kennedy III has the distracting slobber. 

Kaine had the weird eyebrow.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The writer deserves props for some creative writing here.

Suddenly its Trump threatening a shutdown if the democrats won't accede to his immigration demands.

It seems Trump has laid a big concession on the table, one thats gonna get him in hot water with his base, and its the democrats who refuse to give an inch. If there's a shutdown over immigration its their quite unreasonable demand for DACA consideration only that will cause it.

I guess they're still smarting over the beating they took during the last shutdown and are determined to turn the tables.

Trump has the winning hand here and all the dems can do is accuse him of wanting time off. 

The truth is they wish he would take time off.

I'm still not convinced about the plan he advanced.  It does give DACA people a PATH to citizenship but, as Kelly pointed out on another thread, they may be too dumb or lazy to get on the path.

If it gives us enough other advantages against illegals, it might be worth it.

I'll wait to see what Ted Cruz thinks about it.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Famous moments in SOTU responses.

Joe Kennedy III has the distracting slobber. 

Kaine had the weird eyebrow.

That IS a weird eyebrow.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hoodat

Tim Kaine couldn't spell C-A-T even if you spotted him the 'C' and the 'A'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

We all know the drill, we'll find out just how important Kaine is to the scheme of things about 5AM EST while Trump is on the Crapper ~ Tweeting.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.