Author Topic: More than 40% of teens who use energy drinks have experienced adverse effects  (Read 268 times)

rangerrebew

More than 40% of teens who use energy drinks have experienced adverse effects

Monday, February 05, 2018 by: Michelle Simmons   

(Natural News) Energy drinks continue to be a popular drink, especially among the youth and young adults. However, there is increasing evidence that energy drinks do more harm than good.

New research revealed that teenagers who consume energy drinks experience an adverse effect. The study was carried out by a team of researchers from Chapman University in the U.S. who assessed how many energy drinks teenagers consumed, how frequently they drank it, when they started drinking it, why they drank it, and what influenced their preference of brands.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-02-05-more-than-40-of-teens-who-use-energy-drinks-have-experienced-adverse-effects.html

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Only 40%? That surprises me.

Most of the ones I've consumed don't cause a problem as long as they're done sparingly. An 8-ounce Red Bull pretty much does the job it says it does on the label. Rockstar seems to be the most effective at keeping people awake smoothly.

But Monster? Blech. I've had strange reactions every time I've tried one. Strange heartbeats, shortness of breath, angry/agitated mood... I ended up tracing it to L-carnitine, an ingredient Monster uses that other drinks don't.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 02:41:38 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline thackney

Energy drinks are banned in many petrochemical type plants.  They are banned in the one where I work.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer