Author Topic: GOP Tries, Fails to Stop Anti-semite from Running Unopposed in Primary as Republican  (Read 474 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: BREITBART

URL: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/02/04/i-hate-illinois-nazis-gop-tries-fails-stop-antisemite-running-unopposed-primary/

by JOEL B. POLLAK

Holocaust denier and neo-Nazi Art Jones is running for Congress in Illinois — and he is going to be the Republican nominee for the liberal third congressional district, over the objections of the Illinois Republican Party. The district, which encompasses the southwest side of Chicago and neighboring suburbs, is represented by 7th-term veteran Rep. Dan Lipinski (D-IL). Lipinski is a moderate Democrat who voted against Obamacare in 2010.

Jones is an admitted former leader of the American Nazi Party, a Vietnam veteran, and a retired insurance agent. According to the Chicago Sun-Times, he has tried to run for Congress many times before, without success.

Most recently, the Illinois Republican Party ensured that he was removed from the ballot in 2016 by arranging a legal challenge that found all of his ballot signatures to be invalid. A similar attempt this year has failed, however.

The Republican Party publicly opposes Jones’s candidacy: “The Illinois Republican Party and our country have no place for Nazis like Arthur Jones. We strongly oppose his racist views and his candidacy for any public office, including the 3rd Congressional District,” said party chair Tim Schneider in a statement to the Sun-Times.

However, there is nothing the GOP can do to remove him. No other Republican stepped forward to run against the incumbent Democrat in what is presumed to be a safe liberal seat in a tough midterm environment for the GOP.

Jones’s website (to which Breitbart News will not link) includes a section devoted to questioning the Holocaust. He claims to have supported Donald Trump in 2016, but the UK Guardian quoted him in April 2017 telling a neo-Nazi rally in Kentucky that he regretted his vote for Trump: “I’m sorry I voted for the son of a bitch, I really am.”

(Excerpt) Read more at above link

Offline SirLinksALot

However, there is nothing the GOP can do to remove him. No other Republican stepped forward to run against the incumbent Democrat in what is presumed to be a safe liberal seat in a tough midterm environment for the GOP.

Why is there nothing the GOP can do?

Can't the Republican party hold a vote to prevent him from representing the party?

Offline Frank Cannon

Is this the Big Tent that McLame and Grahamnesty have been arguing for?

Offline SirLinksALot

I would think so, but the question I posed needs to be answered .... WHY CAN'T THE REPUBLICAN PARTY PREVENT HIM FROM REPRESENTING THEM IN THIS STATE?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The debate should be interesting.  Maybe someone will discover the lost ark and open it.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

I would think so, but the question I posed needs to be answered .... WHY CAN'T THE REPUBLICAN PARTY PREVENT HIM FROM REPRESENTING THEM IN THIS STATE?

The GOP generally runs clean elections. If you meet the signature requirement and pay the fee anyone can run as a GOP'er. We don't have all sorts of insider trick and stunts to get an preordained outcome like the Rats.

Offline SirLinksALot

The GOP generally runs clean elections. If you meet the signature requirement and pay the fee anyone can run as a GOP'er. We don't have all sorts of insider trick and stunts to get an preordained outcome like the Rats.

Ok, I'm trying to understand this signature requirement... this seems to tell me that there is a disturbingly significant number of registered Republicans in this district who actually SIGNED the petition to allow this antisemite to run as a candidate for their party!!

What does this tell us about a chunk of voters in this district?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:01:00 am by SirLinksALot »

Offline Frank Cannon

Ok, I'm trying to understand this signature requirement... this seems to tell me that there is a disturbingly significant number of registered Republicans in this district who actually SIGNED the petition to allow this antisemite to run as a candidate for their party!!

What does this tell us about a chunk of voters in this district?

I don't think it matters who signs it other than they live in that district. Back when I was involved in party politics there were certain thresholds to get on the ballot. Set amount of signatures from people in that positions coverage area. A nominal fee for filing. Basically the only impediment to clowns like this going anywhere was the Primary contest. Fringe losers always got 3 votes and disappeared right away.

This is a loser District for the GOP so I doubt anyone else will run. It's a waste of time and money for an election with a forgone conclusion. This guy is going to get to ride this out to the General.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

LOL.  The Nazis were courted and invited to the party by President Trump.  Enjoy defending this until Nov.