Author Topic: Trump uses State of the Union to go all in on immigration reform  (Read 5715 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump uses State of the Union to go all in on immigration reform
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2018, 08:39:13 pm »
But immigrants, almost by definition, have such an ethic -  after all, they have pulled up stakes from family and home and moved thousands of miles here - for the opportunity America provides.

More like they came because of the U.S. welfare commercials that get played during the Novellas on Univision and Telemundo.

More than half of the nation's immigrants receive some kind of government welfare, a figure that's far higher than the native-born population's, according to a report to be released Wednesday.

About 51% of immigrant-led households receive at least one kind of welfare benefit, including Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches and housing assistance, compared to 30% for native-led households, according to the report from the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates for lower levels of immigration.

Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/

It's hard work filling out that paperwork for your TANIF and SNAP benefits.  Gotta show up on time at the local welfare office or at the county offices to get your (illegally) issued state ID's designed to flout Federal laws.

I'm hardly a "lib" for pointing out that employers value those who work hard and show up to work on time.

Wrong.  They can pay them less than someone born here because even cash under the table or wages below the federal minimum wage is still more than they'd make back in Guatemala or El Salvador.

That's why so many hire immigrants, because these values are what drive so many of them to come here.

No not really.

The Mexican government has been working with the United States Department of Agriculture to increase participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), or food stamps.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/19/usda-partnering-with-mexico-to-boost-food-stamp-participation/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2018, 10:36:44 pm »
That may be true, but as a practical matter more people than not want something humane done about their plight. There isn’t the stomach for deporting these folks who signed up under DACA protections. As Americans we are by nature generous and kind people. DACA applicants won’t be deported, so we might as well get used to it and work towards a consensus solution to the problem Obama left us.
I consider the years they were illegally here rather than where they came from is enough.  They should be grateful they have enjoyed our country while here.  No other reward should be made.

Living in this country is a privilege. Americans won that privilege by and large by birth, but a lot also won by legally obeying our laws.

What you refer to as 'DACA protections' is simply identification of people who should not be here, nothing more. 

No law was passed to 'protect' illegals.  It is important to remember we already have laws in this country that says they broke the law.  Those laws were usurped by a President who did not have the power to take the actions he did.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2018, 10:41:14 pm »
Oh stop with the histrionics.   American values aren't crap.  A strong work ethic is an "American" value - that isn't practiced by a lot of Americans.  But immigrants, almost by definition, have such an ethic -  after all, they have pulled up stakes from family and home and moved thousands of miles here - for the opportunity America provides.   

I'm hardly a "lib" for pointing out that employers value those who work hard and show up to work on time.  That's why so many hire immigrants, because these values are what drive so many of them to come here.
So you believe it is a 'Value' that an American company break federal laws?

Wow, talk about a comment that clarifies who you are.

While we're at it, what other laws of this country are you ok with people breaking?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2018, 10:49:04 pm »
Actually @NavyCanDo "frog march" is my creative writing.  It's what I've called "deportation". 

Actually, "frog march" is unquestionably forced deportation.

A person can voluntarily deport himself, which is a whole lot different.

Voluntary deportation is very achievable for large numbers of the people here illegally.  All one has to do is enforce our laws and problem for the most part will be solved.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2018, 11:28:13 pm »
Oh stop with the histrionics.  American values aren't crap.  A strong work ethic is an "American" value - that isn't practiced by a lot of Americans.  But immigrants, almost by definition, have such an ethic -  after all, they have pulled up stakes from family and home and moved thousands of miles here - for the opportunity America provides.   

I'm hardly a "lib" for pointing out that employers value those who work hard and show up to work on time.  That's why so many hire immigrants, because these values are what drive so many of them to come here.

I take issue with that comment Jazz and am all done with you insulting this country, the Christian principles upon which it was founded and conservatism.  Rather than lose my dignity and waste my time on someone like you, I'll put you on ignore as I prefer to remain a lady and avoid lashing out at you with the expletives that I feel.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2018, 03:39:42 am »
Oh stop with the histrionics.   American values aren't crap.  A strong work ethic is an "American" value - that isn't practiced by a lot of Americans.  But immigrants, almost by definition, have such an ethic -  after all, they have pulled up stakes from family and home and moved thousands of miles here - for the opportunity America provides.   

I get it.  You are either a employer who hires illegal or a illegal alien yourself.  Guess what?  I work in manufacturing and some of the laziest workers are Hispanic.  Late, going outside together during work time to watch video's.  Still in a group talking 7 - 10 minutes after break is over.  People stopping by to talk to them all day long.  Fixing food before lunch so that they can have the entire 30 minutes for family reunion.

And they cant talk without facing each other.  So they talk all day and they aren't paying attention to their work.

These are Hispanic traits.  They are talkers.  Bigly socializers.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 06:20:48 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2018, 02:26:01 pm »
I get it.  You are either a employer who hires illegal or a illegal alien yourself.

@Chosen Daughter @Jazzhead

MY best GUESS is he is married to one. The whole issue just seems to be real personal to him.

BTW,in the spirit of full-disclosure,I have to mention I have two nephews who are classified as His-Panic. One is a oxygen-thief that should be used for target practice,and the other is a respected heart surgeon at a major hospital. No kidding,and they were raised in the same house. Not sure if their father was an American at birth or what his status is,but he owns a body and paint shop and AFAIK,has worked hard  his whole life and is a respectable person. I know he seemed nice and spoke well.

My sister is dead now,but she was a semi-pro fool her whole life,and I blame her for what her oldest son grew up to be. Haven't seen him in years,but the last time I did he was in his mid-20's,had 5 children with 5 different women,had never been known to have a job,gang tats,cholo "uniform" of oversized flannel shirt with only the top button buttoned,a beer in one hand,and a constant whine about how "the white man juz doan wanna give the brown man a break!" He was the one that bankrupted his mother and caused her to lose her new house in the mountains that was paid for. Mama's little boy was always needing some money for fines,lawyers,car payments,etc,etc,etc. She's been dead for more than a decade now,so with any luck at all he has either starved to death of been shot to death in a drive-by.

No,he and I do not send each other Christmas cards. I think I may have said a few things to him that might  have offended him the first day I met him when he started whining.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 02:38:54 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2018, 04:45:44 pm »

@Chosen Daughter @Jazzhead

MY best GUESS is he is married to one. The whole issue just seems to be real personal to him.

BTW,in the spirit of full-disclosure,I have to mention I have two nephews who are classified as His-Panic. One is a oxygen-thief that should be used for target practice,and the other is a respected heart surgeon at a major hospital. No kidding,and they were raised in the same house. Not sure if their father was an American at birth or what his status is,but he owns a body and paint shop and AFAIK,has worked hard  his whole life and is a respectable person. I know he seemed nice and spoke well.

My sister is dead now,but she was a semi-pro fool her whole life,and I blame her for what her oldest son grew up to be. Haven't seen him in years,but the last time I did he was in his mid-20's,had 5 children with 5 different women,had never been known to have a job,gang tats,cholo "uniform" of oversized flannel shirt with only the top button buttoned,a beer in one hand,and a constant whine about how "the white man juz doan wanna give the brown man a break!" He was the one that bankrupted his mother and caused her to lose her new house in the mountains that was paid for. Mama's little boy was always needing some money for fines,lawyers,car payments,etc,etc,etc. She's been dead for more than a decade now,so with any luck at all he has either starved to death of been shot to death in a drive-by.

No,he and I do not send each other Christmas cards. I think I may have said a few things to him that might  have offended him the first day I met him when he started whining.

My husbands mother is Hispanic.  Immigrated legally.  So I don't have an issue with race.  What I have is an issue with @Jazzhead saying that all immigrants by definition are hard working people with good work ethic.  Just not so.  We have lazy Americans and lazy Hispanics too where I work.  People are people and if you don't have a good work ethic you don't.  I have never seen a Hispanic person that was a harder worker than I am.  I don't like to be compared.  I know I work hard every day and I don't take advantage of the company.  I am extremely good at what I do.

As for the Hispanics at work everything I said is true in the other post.  They keep to themselves and don't socialize with the "white" people.  They talk all day and have people stopping by to talk.  They come back from break consistently late.  They don't wait for lunch to prepare the food.  Have to get to the microwave first and have the food ready so they have 30 minutes.  There are so many issues I couldn't mention and the Supervisor is Hispanic too and part of the group.  The amount of time wasted socializing is crazy.  Now they are having to install a bell for breaks.  This may sound like generalizing but they hang in a group.  Everyone is somebody's friend or relative that got hired.  When another comes they do the same. I don't lie.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2018, 07:59:51 pm »
This may sound like generalizing but they hang in a group.  Everyone is somebody's friend or relative that got hired.  When another comes they do the same. I don't lie.

@Chosen Daughter

The links in the illegal and legal immigration from the south are familial. One comes here,finds a squat,finds a job,and writes or calls home and tells his cousins he has jobs and a place to stay lined up for them if they come up,too. It's tough for anybody to leave home and head for a foreign country blind,and even tougher for illegals with small children.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

« Reply #134 on: February 04, 2018, 02:30:21 am »
The problems with illegal immigration are separate and apart from the false concern that Republicans can't appeal to Hispanic voters.   Illegals can't vote.  And illegals take jobs from Hispanics (and others) here legally.   Where I suspect you and me differ is with respect to legal immigration - I support more of it, to boost economic growth.  And anyone willing to come here to work hard and be part of the American community should be welcome - regardless of "demographics".
I can certainly agree we need more legal immigration.   

Once we rid ourselves of those who chose to come here illegally, we will need more legal immigration AFTER we ensure Americans who can work fill those jobs vacated.

And of course we should be enforcing not just 'willing to work hard and be part of the American community.'  We also need to enforce civics and language tests, as well as health screening.

Offline anubias

« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2018, 03:21:53 am »
My husbands mother is Hispanic.  Immigrated legally.  So I don't have an issue with race.  What I have is an issue with @Jazzhead saying that all immigrants by definition are hard working people with good work ethic.  Just not so.  We have lazy Americans and lazy Hispanics too where I work.  People are people and if you don't have a good work ethic you don't.  I have never seen a Hispanic person that was a harder worker than I am.  I don't like to be compared.  I know I work hard every day and I don't take advantage of the company.  I am extremely good at what I do.

As for the Hispanics at work everything I said is true in the other post.  They keep to themselves and don't socialize with the "white" people.  They talk all day and have people stopping by to talk.  They come back from break consistently late.  They don't wait for lunch to prepare the food.  Have to get to the microwave first and have the food ready so they have 30 minutes.  There are so many issues I couldn't mention and the Supervisor is Hispanic too and part of the group.  The amount of time wasted socializing is crazy.  Now they are having to install a bell for breaks.  This may sound like generalizing but they hang in a group.  Everyone is somebody's friend or relative that got hired.  When another comes they do the same. I don't lie.

Edwin Jackson’s family might tell Jazzy that he’s full of it if he asked.  He was killed by a twice-deported drunk driver Sunday morning.  He was triple the legal blood alcohol limit to drive. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2018, 06:31:04 am »

I really appreciate your contributions to the dialogue my friend.