Author Topic: Think California politics is on the far-left fringe? Just wait for the next elections.  (Read 371 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/think-california-politics-is-on-the-far-left-fringe-just-wait-for-the-next-elections/2018/02/04/80e679c2-05e5-11e8-8777-2a059f168dd2_story.html?utm_term=.e8b915138b15

SACRAMENTO — For those who think California politics is on the far-left fringe of the national spectrum, stand by. The next election season, already well underway here, will showcase a younger generation of Democrats that is more liberal and personally invested in standing up to President Trump’s Washington than those leaving office.

Here in the self-labeled “state of resistance,” the political debate is being pushed further left without any sign of a Republican renaissance to serve as a check on spending and social policy ambitions. Even some Republicans are concerned about the departure of Gov. Jerry Brown (D), who proved to be fiscally cautious after inheriting a state seven years ago in deep recession.

The race to succeed him, as well as contests for U.S. Senate and statewide offices, probably will feature a November ballot exclusively filled with Democrats. The top two primary finishers compete in the state’s general election regardless of party, setting up several races between the Democrats’ left and even-more-left wings in the nation’s most-populous state, races that could signal the direction of the party’s future.

*** key message, next Gov will be farther left the Brown
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DB

I'm well on my way to getting out of California. House in AZ is in escrow.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
I'm well on my way to getting out of California. House in AZ is in escrow.

Its such a shame but it wont change until it hits bottom.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online DB

Its such a shame but it wont change until it hits bottom.

I've been paying the bills these idiots rack up and I'm tired of it. I don't want to be here when the music stops.