Author Topic: Eagles’ Chris Long is first Super Bowl player to say he won’t visit White House  (Read 2298 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Whatever.  It was a great game and the MVP is a humble genuine good guy.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Suppressed

Whatever.  It was a great game and the MVP is a humble genuine good guy.

Yup.  So is Carson Wentz.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Philthy is worse that Cali.

Who cares?    22222frying pan     We're World Flippin' Champions!   :patriot:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Suppressed

Who cares?    22222frying pan     We're World Flippin' Champions!   :patriot:

Kinda reminds me of Trump.

You won, but that doesn't give you class...

Super Bowl: Boisterous celebrations over Philadelphia win
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42943824
12 minutes ago

Incidents of rioting and looting have taken place in the US city of Philadelphia as fans celebrated a historic Super Bowl win on Sunday.

Social media pictures showed scenes of chaos as tens of thousands of Philadelphia Eagles' fans rejoiced.

A police officer is among those reported injured. Cars and shopfronts have been destroyed and looted.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Let's just skip the whole White House visit thing.

I don't think Trump will have a problem with skipping it.  OTOH, Obama treated it as one of his perks.  Case in point, the World Series champions.  The typical time for White House visits is Feb or March after Spring Training has started.  But in Obama's final year in office, he offered the invitation early so that he could get a second 2016 visit (2015 champs and 2016 champs) making a total of 9 World Series Champ visits for his 8 years in office.  And in the process, denying Trump his Feb-Mar 2017 visit of the 2016 World Series Champs.

Yes, Obama really is that petty.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Are you serious? The Orange Dictator will force every player to come and pay tribute to Him... Present yourself to Him or off to the concentration camps with you!

*****rollingeyes*****
Correct. Der Fuhrer Trump, issued a decree that the players either show up at the WH, or be put into striped pajamas, and forced into chain gangs, to break rocks.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How 'bout no invitation?  That would work for me.

I like that idea a lot.  When players who wanted to go complain, say "Talk to your buddies who are protesting instead of being congratulated by the President.  You showed great teamwork by winning the game, now show some by going to the White House.  Come as a team, or stay away as a team, your choice."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 07:01:02 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Funny, they just assume there will be an Invite? 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Mod2

Merged two threads on same topic

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Funny, they just assume there will be an Invite?

There always is.  I think Trump ought to just give them all a pass to Mar-a-lago, and remind them Trump opened up the membership to the club to blacks.

They can make a side-trip to Disney and Nickelodeon while they're there.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 08:26:22 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline anubias

There always is.  I think Trump ought to just give them all a pass to Mar-a-lago, and remind them Trump opened up the membership to the club to blacks.

They can make a side-trip to Disney and Nickelodeon while they're there.

That’s funny right there.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Eagles’ Chris Long is first Super Bowl player to say he won’t visit White House"

Betcha he would've gone if obama was still there!

Offline bolobaby

If *only* the White House put out a statement saying, "While it has been tradition to invite Super Bowl champions to the White House, we are henceforth suspending that tradition until such time as sports becomes much less politicized and more entertaining. Congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles."
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker

Sheesh, really?

1986 Montreal Stanley Cup riot
1986 After the Canadiens won the finals, fans took to the streets to celebrate, and ended up rioting.

1990 Detroit riot
June 15, 1990 Widespread rioting occurred in Detroit after the Detroit Pistons won the NBA Championship.

Chicago Bulls Championship riots
1991-1997 Rioting and looting occurred in Chicago after the Chicago Bulls won the NBA Finals in 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996 and 1997

1993 Montreal Stanley Cup riot
June 9, 1993 A year before the riot in Vancouver, Montreal was struck by a riot. In the epicenter of the riots, Ste. Catherine St., stores were looted and police cars were set on fire. The riots eventually caused $2.5 million in damage,[4] $3.75 million in 2016 dollars.[5]

1994 Vancouver Stanley Cup riot
June 14, 1994 In one of 2 riots in Vancouver, the National Hockey League team Vancouver Canucks lost to the New York Rangers in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. In what was supposed to be a congregation of 50 to 70 thousand fans led to riot after a man fell into the crowd. Policemen attempted to aid the man on bicycles, which the fans attempted to take, and the police fired tear gas into the fans, initiating the riot.

2008 Montreal riot
2008 After the Canadiens defeated the Boston Bruins in the playoffs, fans began rioting in celebration.

2010 Montreal riot
2010 Montreal was stricken with a fifth riot after the Canadiens defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 7.

2011 Vancouver Stanley Cup riot
June 15, 2011 17 years after the '94 riot, Vancouver is faced with a second riot, after the Canucks lost, also in Game 7, to the Boston Bruins. Unlike in 1994, the fans met at giant screens, where Game 7 was being televised. Shortly before the game's end, fans began throwing bottles at the screen, as well as burning Canuck and Bruin jerseys and flags. The riot eventually escalated when fans began overturning and burning cars. In all, the fans burned 17 cars, as well as a fire truck, and ultimately, 85 rioters were arrested.

https://www.rt.com/usa/331713-denver-super-bowl-unrest/

https://www.infowars.com/decadence-seahawks-fans-run-riot-after-super-bowl-victory/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WrUB3G4DTI

http://www.businessinsider.com/seattle-celebration-photos-2014-2

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/06/18/l-a-s-rowdy-post-championship-ritual-continues/

https://mic.com/articles/102836/5-other-cities-that-rioted-after-championship-games#.Qpe74DmD0

https://www.therichest.com/sports/10-of-the-most-costly-sports-riots-in-history/

Interestingly, fans in MA rioted after the Patriots lost...
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/02/04/thugs-violent-riot-starts-after-super-bowl-no-not-in-philly-in-amherst-ma-videos/
http://www.politicususa.com/2018/02/05/6-idiots-arrested-patriots-super-bowl-loss-sparks-riot-boston.html

And this is just the tip of the iceberg...Philly fans are hardly any different than others except the media continues to paint them as the worst of the worst.  I won't go to Chaves Ravine (Dodgers stadium) to see the Phillies play anymore...not after assaults and murders have occurred against opposing fans.

http://fortune.com/2018/02/05/eagles-win-super-bowl-riot-psychology/
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline dfwgator

Sounds like somebody wants a career in Hollywood when his playing days are done.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

What's "classy" is beating the best.  Brady had the best passing performance of his life, and every time he scored,  Foles didn't flinch and matched him.   This team suffered grievous injuries - to its MVP-candidate quarterback,  to its Hall of Fame lineman, to its best middle linebacker,  to its versatile and dangerous running back and kick returner, to name just a few.  In each case, the "next man up" ethos prevailed, and the team just kept on winning when it mattered.   

There were no breaks for this team, no chance to breath easy and face an underdog opponent,  no good fortune to be up against the greatest QB of all time on a bad day.   No, he had his best day ever - and the Eagles still won.

Say what you will about this "classless" team, but the truth of the matter is that it displayed qualities of resilience, team spirit, pride and guts that helped it prevail against the toughest challenges.   And that's how we roll in Philly.   

There's no place I'd rather live than Philly and no sports team that personifies all that's right about this great and generous town than our Birds.

Fly, Eagles fly.   
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:41:11 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
The NFL has no consistency on that passing rule; which could have been called a no-TD. The game came down to one play where the ball was knocked out of Brady's hand. The Eagles may have won and congrats to them but that was basically a draw. Eagles dominated the first half, sort of hung on in the 2nd half.

But their coach and everyone seems to thank Christ! So...

:hands:

Offline Idiot

What's "classy" is beating the best.  Brady had the best passing performance of his life, and every time he scored,  Foles didn't flinch and matched him.   This team suffered grievous injuries - to its MVP-candidate quarterback,  to its Hall of Fame lineman, to its best middle linebacker,  to its versatile and dangerous running back and kick returner, to name just a few.  In each case, the "next man up" ethos prevailed, and the team just kept on winning when it mattered.   

There were no breaks for this team, no chance to breath easy and face an underdog opponent,  no good fortune to be up against the greatest QB of all time on a bad day.   No, he had his best day ever - and the Eagles still won.

Say what you will about this "classless" team, but the truth of the matter is that it displayed qualities of resilience, team spirit, pride and guts that helped it prevail against the toughest challenges.   And that's how we roll in Philly.   

There's no place I'd rather live than Philly and no sports team that personifies all that's right about this great and generous town than our Birds.

Fly, Eagles fly.
Not sure about the rest of the team but quarterback Foles is one classy guy.  I have the upmost respect for the guy.  Of course he is from Texas.  :laugh:

Offline TomSea

Eagles had as much class as anyone really! A well-deserved victory.

Offline TomSea

Yup.  So is Carson Wentz.

Yes, Wentz from North Dakota.

Classy!  :patriot:

Offline TomSea

Patriots deserve respect too, a lot of fans are saying "oh, they sat Butler out", well, he broke team rules and I respect that they sat him out.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Patriots deserve respect too, a lot of fans are saying "oh, they sat Butler out", well, he broke team rules and I respect that they sat him out.

Of course the Pats deserve respect.  As I said, the Eagles truly beat the best - the two teams combined for more total yardage than any two teams in NFL history.   

Was this the greatest Super Bowl game ever played?   Obviously I'm biased because of the result, but I suspect a number of objective observers will conclude that it was.   

Offline Suppressed

Yes, Wentz from North Dakota.

Classy!  :patriot:

A coworker's relative had him over for dinner without realizing who he was (co-worker is related to another pro athlete) and afterwards commented, "That Carson boy is such a very nice young man!" while everyone else was saying "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  Why didn't you invite me to dinner that night, too!?"
+++++++++