Author Topic: Eagles’ Chris Long is first Super Bowl player to say he won’t visit White House  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Suppressed

Eagles’ Chris Long is first Super Bowl player to say he won’t visit White House
By Des Bieler Email the author
January 29
 https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/01/29/eagles-chris-long-is-first-super-bowl-player-to-say-he-wont-visit-white-house

It’s Super Bowl week, which means among other things that it’s time to ask players involved if they plan to accompany their team to the White House, should that team win it all. The Philadelphia Eagles’ Chris Long didn’t even wait until Monday’s media day to assert that, with President Trump in office, he would not want to make the trip.

“No, I’m not going to the White House,” Long said on the “Pardon My Take” podcast. “Are you kidding me?”

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

Why I no longer watch the NFL.

Offline anubias

Exactly.  They want to politicize it?  That is their right just as it is my right to no longer watch.  I was a huge fan for decades.  No more.

Offline Night Hides Not

I'm sure Jerruh has a lot to do with that.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline SkyKing

There was a Super Bowl?
First non watched SB in decades, and won't happen again because of these idiots.
 :whocares:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Chris Long gave most of his pay this year to charity.   And now he, and the rest of this crazy, amazing city, are Super Bowl Champions!

As far as the White House goes, he can do whatever he wants.   If I ever run into the dude, I'll buy him a drink.

To be the best you have to beat the best.  Brady threw for more yards than he ever has before in his life,  and Foles still matched him score for score.   That game was an hour-long shootout,  with neither team flinching.

This morning this city is as high as an elephant's eye.

Fly, Eagles, fly!   :cool:   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Some Eagles players planning to boycott White House visit
By Rebecca Savransky - 02/05/18 08:51 AM EST

Several players on the Philadelphia Eagles are not planning to attend the traditional White House visit this year.

Wide receiver Torrey Smith, defensive end Chris Long, and safety Malcolm Jenkins are some of the players who don't plan to participate in the visit to the White House, NJ.com reported.

The decisions come after President Trump last year ignited controversy after he attacked players who kneel during the national anthem.

Trump last year called for the NFL to implement a rule requiring that players stand during the anthem — saying that kneeling was disrespectful to the country's flag and its military.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/372299-some-eagles-players-planning-to-boycott-white-house-visit
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Concerned

I doubt the Super Bowl champs will even be given an invitation to the White House from this President so it may be a moot point.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Howie must be so proud of his little boy.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

Several Eagles Players Are Already Refusing to Celebrate Super Bowl Win With Trump
By Margaret Hartmann     @MargHartmann
February 5, 2018    4:14 am

For Americans who are not fans of the New England Patriots or their favorite politician, Super Bowl LII was a relief; unlike last year, they did not have to watch Tom Brady claw his way back to a victory, while simultaneously experiencing flashbacks to election night 2016. But politics were still present at the big game, from the outrage over Dodge using a Martin Luther King Jr. speech to sell trucks to Breitbart’s decision to mark the occasion with a racist tweet.

President Trump broke with a decade of tradition, opting not to give NBC a pre–Super Bowl interview (possibly because it’s one of his most hated networks). Of course, he could not resist the urge to reference one of his favorite controversies:

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Hoodat

This morning this city is as high as an elephant's eye.

I had pegged you as living in Cali.  My apologies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Breitbart's tweet wasn't racist, unless Islam somehow magically became a race.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Idiot

Howie must be so proud of his little boy.
I wondered if that were Howie's boy or not.  Thanks for the info...as I'm too lazy to look it up...lol.

Offline bolobaby

Of course they are.

Can we please just have WWIII already so that MAYBE the country will put aside this petty hyperpartisanship?
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline skeeter

I watched the only football game of the entire season last night.

It was a good game, but not near good enough to make me wanna put up with the over the top production flash & players' egotistical bullsh*t.

Looking forward to baseball.

Online Lando Lincoln

How 'bout no invitation?  That would work for me.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

Let's just skip the whole White House visit thing. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online mountaineer

Let's just skip the whole White House visit thing.
I agree. It's getting ridiculous - it seems every championship college team, pro team, from tiddlywinks to the Super Bowl gets an invitation.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm shocked ... just shocked.    *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Frank Cannon

I had pegged you as living in Cali.  My apologies.

Philthy is worse that Cali.

Offline WingNot

I wondered if that were Howie's boy or not.  Thanks for the info...as I'm too lazy to look it up...lol.

Yep.  The National Bolshevist Chanel  did a featurette on him because he gave away almost his entire salary to several charities. During it  they showed him with his Pop during the fluff piece.

Offline WingNot

Philthy is worse that Cali.

Will you throw a rock at Jazzy's glass house next time you are in the hood.  Strap a note on it saying:  "Wingnut says Hey"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:52:29 pm by Wingnut »

Offline aligncare

I doubt the Super Bowl champs will even be given an invitation to the White House from this President so it may be a moot point.

Are you serious? The Orange Dictator will force every player to come and pay tribute to Him... Present yourself to Him or off to the concentration camps with you!

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline kidd

Good point.

Trump made kneeling during the Anthem a big issue.
He's not a fan of the NFL and would probably prefer that the league die out.

It might be viewed as hypocritical of Trump if NFL players were invited to the White House

Offline Concerned

Are you serious? The Orange Dictator will force every player to come and pay tribute to Him... Present yourself to Him or off to the concentration camps with you!

*****rollingeyes*****

Yes, I am serious.  Last September, Trump rescinded the invitation to the NBA champs.  Given his ongoing feud with the NFL, I wouldn't be surprised at all that he doesn't invite the NFL champs.  We'll see.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.