Author Topic: Ill. GOP official resigns after calling East St. Louis a certain vulgar name  (Read 463 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Can't tell the truth anymore.  East St Louis is a huge shithole.

By Fred Barbash THE WASHINGTON POST  FEBRUARY 02, 2018
The chairman of the Lottery Control Board in Illinois and a member of the state’s Republican Central Committee resigned both positions after taking heavy criticism for describing East St. Louis, Ill., as the ‘‘shithole of the universe!’’

Blair Garber deployed the term on Twitter in response to a tweet by country singer Charlie Daniels, who was defending President Trump’s reference to Haiti and African countries with a vulgar term and criticizing Senator Dick Durbin, Democrat of Illinois, for taking offense.

‘‘Mr. Durbin,’’ Daniels tweeted, ‘‘I’m so sorry that your virgin ears were blistered by the absolutely horrible language president Trump used in front of you. The president actually thought he was addressing a meeting of members of congress, not a kindergarten class . . .’’

Daniels’s tweet provoked a swell of approving comments, one of them from Garber, according to the State Journal-Register.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation/2018/02/01/parroting-trump-ill-gop-official-resigns-after-calling-east-louis-certain-vulgar-name/t91IUpTmmIYf8LF6suhdzN/story.html
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline dfwgator

"I wonder if these guys know The Commodores?"

! No longer available

Offline mountaineer

I lived in the St. Louis area for 19 years. Mr. Garber may have been correct in his assessment, even if politically incorrect.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Mr. Garber may have been correct in his assessment, even if politically incorrect."

Of course he's correct.
I've been there (actually stopped for lunch there back in 1982).

His only error was in turning tail and runnin'
He should have held his ground.

That's why "a little Republican" like this jerk now has no job, and someone like Mr. Trump retains his.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
"Mr. Garber may have been correct in his assessment, even if politically incorrect."

Of course he's correct.
I've been there (actually stopped for lunch there back in 1982).

His only error was in turning tail and runnin'
He should have held his ground.

That's why "a little Republican" like this jerk now has no job, and someone like Mr. Trump retains his.

Agreed.  He pussed out.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline anubias

That’s too bad.  I guess he had to resign because Illinois wasn’t happy with him for not recognizing that they hold that title.