Author Topic: Herschel Walker: Players Received 'Hush Money' From NFL to Stand for Anthem  (Read 651 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Former NFL running back Herschel Walker accused the NFL of essentially giving out "hush money" to stop players from kneeling for the national anthem.

The 1982 Heisman Trophy winner highlighted the fact that the NFL in late November offered $100 million to social justice organizations favored by players.

The move was widely viewed as an attempt by the league to end the controversy surrounding the anthem protests.

"The league gave the players a large sum of money toward their cause. That's hush money," he said, adding that players never should have been kneeling in the first place.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/02/herschel-walker-players-received-hush-money-nfl-stand-anthem
I knew I always liked this guy.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
I've mostly given up on the NFL, its too late!!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Drago

• "Life is a Journey"
Yep, I caught zero games this season...wasn't as hard as I thought.  Accidentally caught about 5 minutes of a Packer game.  Won't be watching the SB.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Nope not gonna watch
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Me too. I'm with you guys. That kneeling crap was too much. I was already becoming disgusted with the NFL. The kneeling just pushed me over the edge.

The half-time shows with boobs, and Black Panthers, and BLM, and all that anti-American stuff, who needs it? Screw them! I would rather get Hank Williams Jr. back. That is back when football was still just about having fun, and not about politics.

That Goodell guy is a disaster for the game. He is obviously a far, far Left activist, and he is smothering the NFL with his own personal biases.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
It won't stop until the dollar signs get through to the owners and the league.

Football is escapism and the kneelers destroyed its charm with their political and ridiculous actions.

They are the entitled ones. 

But I'll still watch football as long as there are Dallas Cowboys.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline ConstitutionRose

My MIL lives with us.  We get on fine, but she has always voted Democrat, blindly voted Democrat and is a football maniac.  She told me she this morning that she had watched her last game.  That it would be hard, but she is done.  Told me that as a former health professional, the head injuries had been weighing on her mind and then the refusal to stand for the anthem because the final straw.  Talked about the big business aspects, criminal players as role models.  All of the things that have gone on in football.

I nearly fell out of my chair!  Choked on my sip of coffee.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:51:04 pm by ConstitutionRose »
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.