Author Topic: president Trump Set to Sign FISA Surveillance Law: What That Means for You  (Read 314 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Flashback from a week ago. So why did the president renew this knowing it was being abused, used against citizens, and was corrupted from the top level?

The Senate on Thursday voted narrowly to renew a law that permits intelligence agencies like the NSA and the FBI to tap into data from companies like AT&T and Google without a warrant.

President Trump is expected to sign the measure by the end of the week.

The law is controversial because the surveillance program, although aimed at foreigners, has resulted in the U.S. government monitoring the communications of Americans...

http://fortune.com/2018/01/18/president-trump-set-to-sign-fisa-surveillance-law-what-that-means-for-you/

« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:54:28 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Re: president Trump Set to Sign FISA Surveillance Law: What That Means for You
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 10:48:41 pm »
Too bad too few people are reading this!
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Offline Suppressed

Re: president Trump Set to Sign FISA Surveillance Law: What That Means for You
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 05:07:47 am »
Flashback from a week ago. So why did the president renew this knowing it was being abused, used against citizens, and was corrupted from the top level?

The most charitable answer:

Because he knows he doesn't have the skill to go to Congress and ask for amendment of the problem portions of the statute.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn