Author Topic: Romney to make Senate announcement  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Romney to make Senate announcement
« on: February 02, 2018, 12:57:04 pm »
Romney to make Senate announcement
CNN, Feb 2, 2018, Maeve Reston

Mitt Romney signaled that he is moving toward a run for a US Senate seat from Utah, tweeting Thursday that he will make a formal announcement about his plans on February 15.

"Looking forward to making an announcement on February 15th about the Utah Senate race," he tweeted.

Romney's intention to run for the seat of retiring Utah Sen. Orrin Hatch is an open secret in the state, but he's not expected to formally announce his bid until later this month, according to several sources close to the 2012 Republican presidential nominee.

While Romney has been quietly talking to potential aides in Utah, the tweet will allow him to hire a staff and make preparations more openly -- while also courting the conservative delegates who control the Utah GOP's nominating convention.

Romney has two possible paths to Utah's primary ballot: he can collect 28,000 signatures from registered Republicans statewide, or he can seek the nomination at the Republican Party's convention in April.

More:  https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/01/politics/mitt-romney-senate-announcement/index.html

Offline Applewood

Re: Romney to make Senate announcement
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 01:33:54 pm »
Well, if Romney is indeed running, he will probably win.  These days though, I really don't care.  Just another liberal Republican. 

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 01:38:00 pm »
McConnell, you have a problem.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 01:42:11 pm »

Romney will fit right in with the turtle and the others.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 01:43:02 pm »
It will please me greatly to hear Mitt Romney's voice in the Senate. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 02:09:53 pm »

Romney won't settle for being one of many .... he'll be in front of the cameras and penning his opinions constantly.

Since he's using this as a springboard to another Presidential run, he will be a disruption to the growing team spirit in the GOP.  Romney will be Mr. Gridlock for his own ambitions.

But, as long as *you're* pleased with this ....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 02:13:40 pm »

McConnell will love Romney and there will be none of the treatment that Judge Moore received in his case!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 02:38:29 pm »
Wish the SOB could find a real job somewhere.  Fricking retread dead head.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2018, 12:16:57 pm »
Romney for Senate.

"I can't define obscene, but I know it when I see it."

Sen Ernest Hollings at the PMRC hearings.

Considering how far out in front of the Rats the RNC is in fundraising, you'd Think they'd put enough of it into this carpetbagged sham to kick another R out in front of Romney.

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 01:11:13 pm »
McConnell will love Romney and there will be none of the treatment that Judge Moore received in his case!

Because Romney isn’t a f**king fruitcake like Moore is. 

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 01:15:12 pm »

No...because Romney is another liberal like McConnell and the rest of the Republican hierarchy.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 01:49:24 pm »

Who wouldn't?  It's golden.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YJlepw4VUus
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 03:01:53 pm »

According to YOU!  I don't believe that for a second!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2018, 03:03:06 pm »
According to YOU!  I don't believe that for a second!

According to objective fact.  You can believe whatever you want to; you seem to prefer your political sexual fantasies to reality anyways. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2018, 03:11:46 pm »
According to objective fact.  You can believe whatever you want to; you seem to prefer your political sexual fantasies to reality anyways.

You mean those made up facts that the MSM routinely puts out that you so love?  Like the ones the FBI was using to get FISA warrants against folks?  Those kind seem to be the ones YOU are very enamored of!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 03:18:29 pm »
You mean those made up facts that the MSM routinely puts out that you so love?  Like the ones the FBI was using to get FISA warrants against folks?  Those kind seem to be the ones YOU are very enamored of!

Nope.  I mean objective fact like some fruitcake who doesn’t know how to ride a horse properly romping around on one at the polling station and putting other people at risk of being injured by that horse. 

Objective fruitcake. 

Objective fact like ignoring the law as a judge because it conflicts with your personal religious beliefs. 

Objective fruitcake. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:20:31 pm by Oceander »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 03:27:33 pm »
Nope.  I mean objective fact like some fruitcake who doesn’t know how to ride a horse properly romping around on one at the polling station and putting other people at risk of being injured by that horse. 

Objective fruitcake. 

Objective fact like ignoring the law as a judge because it conflicts with your personal religious beliefs. 

Objective fruitcake.

So you mid town New York Lawyer are now the experts on horsemanship!  Sorry but that just makes me LOL!  And Judge Moore never once ignored the law!  He strictly upheld the laws of the state of Alabama in every case as he was SWORN to do!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 03:30:25 pm »
So you mid town New York Lawyer are now the experts on horsemanship!  Sorry but that just makes me LOL!  And Judge Moore never once ignored the law!  He strictly upheld the laws of the state of Alabama in every case as he was SWORN to do!

Moore ignored the law, and it says tons about the level and nature of your rank hypocrisy when you boo-hoo about banana republics and yet you refuse to accept that fact. 

As far as Moore’s lack of skills on a horse, why don’t you google it and see what others have said. And yes, I do know a thing or two about riding a horse. 

Idiot. Hypocritical idiot. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:30:56 pm by Oceander »

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2018, 03:30:47 pm »

Right. He's going to DC to 'Stand Up To Trump'.

His words not mine.

He's nothing more than a backstabbing Rat himself.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Oceander

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2018, 03:32:17 pm »
Right. He's going to DC to 'Stand Up To Trump'.

His words not mine.

He's nothing more than a backstabbing Rat himself.

/snicker

Yeah, that’s a really on-point rejoinder to the statement that Moore is a fruitcake. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2018, 03:35:10 pm »
Moore ignored the law, and it says tons about the level and nature of your rank hypocrisy when you boo-hoo about banana republics and yet you refuse to accept that fact. 

As far as Moore’s lack of skills on a horse, why don’t you google it and see what others have said. And yes, I do know a thing or two about riding a horse. 

I grew up on the back of a horse sir! And I'm well aware of the hazards of riding a young horse in that kind of situation. IF Judge Moore can be faulted at all for that display it is in his choice of mounts for the day and NOT the horsemanship!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2018, 03:36:22 pm »
/snicker

Yeah, that’s a really on-point rejoinder to the statement that Moore is a fruitcake.

Can't disprove a negative there, Old 'Illuminati'.

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2018, 03:36:51 pm »
I grew up on the back of a horse sir! And I'm well aware of the hazards of riding a young horse in that kind of situation. IF Judge Moore can be faulted at all for that display it is in his choice of mounts for the day and NOT the horsemanship!

Judge Moore has more than enough bad judgment to go around.  Which is my point.  Thank you for conceding.  Now please display your innate hypocrisy by denying your obvious concession.

Oceander

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2018, 03:37:53 pm »

Can't disprove a negative there, Old 'Illuminati'.

Wow.  You’ve been hitting the sauce early today. 

What does Romney’s alleged status as a “rat” have to do with whether Moore is a fruitcake?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2018, 03:38:04 pm »

Moore ignored NO law that he was sworn to uphold and you damned well know it!

- J. R. R. Tolkien