Author Topic: Panetta: 'Constitutional crisis' if Trump allows memo to be released over FBI objections  (Read 1029 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Panetta: 'Constitutional crisis' if Trump allows memo to be released over FBI objections
By John Bowden - 02/01/18 08:18 PM EST

Former CIA Director Leon Panetta said Thursday that President Trump risks a "constitutional crisis" by releasing a memo created by the House Intelligence Committee detailing government surveillance abuses.

In an interview with NBC's Chuck Todd, Panetta says he worries that the system of checks and balances in the federal government was breaking down.

"There is no question, Chuck, that it is breaking down the process as it was designed to work so that all sides would have say in the process," Panetta said on Meet The Press Daily.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371938-panetta-constitutional-crisis-if-trump-allows-memo-to-be-released
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Are you effing kidding me!?!?!?!

The only possible way there might be even a smidge of a constitutional crisis would be if Trump - the executive branch - released the memo over the objections of Congress - the legislative branch - and even that is stretching the concept. 

The FBI is not some fourth coequal branch of government that gets an equal say; it’s an organ of the executive branch. 
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 01:34:53 am by Oceander »

Offline Fantom

Now that there is just plain ignorant... so much so as to be funny. You can not have a Constitutional crises, except in a power struggle 'Twixt the Three branches of government.

Last I heard, the FBI was under the Executive..... I.E. The President.

Maybe I missed something, last time I got drunk?
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Frank Cannon

In related news:

Leon Panetta Revealed ‘Top Secret’ Information to Hollywood Filmmaker at bin Laden Assault Awards Ceremony

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/cia-internal-review-confirms-that-leon-panetta-revealed-top-secret-information-to-hollywood-filmmaker-at-bin-laden-assault-awards-ceremony/

Judicial Watch announced today that it has obtained more than 200 pages of documents from the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), including a previously unreleased CIA internal report confirming that former CIA Director Leon Panetta revealed classified information at a June 24, 2011, bin Laden assault awards ceremony attended by “Zero Dark Thirty” filmmaker Mark Boal. The documents were produced in response to a June 21, 2013, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The only possible way there might be even a smidge of a constitutional crisis would be if Trump - the executive branch - released the memo over the objections of Congress - the legislative branch - and even that is stretching the concept. 

The FBI is not some fourth coequal branch of government that gets an equal say; it’s an organ of the executive branch.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I can tell you this.  All these democrat hacks hyperventilating about the memos release is peaking greatly peaking my interest in it and I doubt I'm the only one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

I can tell you this.  All these democrat hacks hyperventilating about the memos release is peaking greatly peaking my interest in it and I doubt I'm the only one.

You’re not. 

Offline Fantom

Right!  The buildup means every "news" outlet will have to cover. Can the dems be this stupid..... or is there really some "There there"?.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
It just might be good.  They are running scared
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Nobody complained about the crisis with him ordering the bin Laden raid while Obama was on the back nine.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
"Constitutional Crisis" is the new Democrat buzzword for anything they don't like. Everything Trump does these days is a constitutional crisis. It used to be 'shutdown', but that doesn't work anymore.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

"Constitutional Crisis" is the new Democrat buzzword for anything they don't like. Everything Trump does these days is a constitutional crisis. It used to be 'shutdown', but that doesn't work anymore.

I think you’re correct about that. 

Offline anubias

It appears they consider themselves the fourth estate that is above the other three.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It appears they consider themselves the fourth estate that is above the other three.

Well, that's what J. Edgar Hoover believed.   The FBI as enforcer of the dark state.   I say this is a hill worth fighting on. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Oceander

Well, that's what J. Edgar Hoover believed.   The FBI as enforcer of the dark state.   I say this is a hill worth fighting on. 

Good point

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Panetta must think he's going down with the rest of the traitors.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

If I was Trump today I would simply state he listened to both sides, considered the arguments, decided in favor of releasing the memo.

BTW the short form is the FBI and other operatives, protected H. Clinton, then after Trump's surprise win, tried to frame him.

Dan Bongino guesting for Levin on Patriot Sirius XN laid out a very detailed time line of what, when which is all taken from news stories.

It is on his podcast and his website.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline RetBobbyMI

Now that there is just plain ignorant... so much so as to be funny. You can not have a Constitutional crises, except in a power struggle 'Twixt the Three branches of government.

Last I heard, the FBI was under the Executive..... I.E. The President.

Maybe I missed something, last time I got drunk?
The FBI and DOJ aren’t even found in the constitution. They’re a fabrication of Congress placed under the executive with congressional oversight. Panetta is a pea brain
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fantom

The FBI and DOJ aren’t even found in the constitution. They’re a fabrication of Congress placed under the executive with congressional oversight. Panetta is a pea brain

Right, and Panetta is just a liberal doing what liberals do....Lie.

Frederick Douglass

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

When the bombers are over their targets, expect plenty of flak.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
When the bombers are over their targets, expect plenty of flak.

Yep!  Never fails!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

That hack, Ryan told yall not to get your hopes up about this MEMO yesterday and for once I believe him, this is being played to the hilt.  If it's not a nothingburger I will admit it, upon it's release, till then it makes for great theatre.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It's easy for people that think the Constitution is a living document that morphs into whatever they want to, whenever it suits them. Democrats believe in the Darwinian Theory of Constitutional Evolution.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
This is a hilarious statement.

The truth of the matter is that we have a Constitutional crisis each and every single time a Democrat is elected to office.

They have no regard or respect for it and seek always to subvert, circumvent, abolish or ignore it altogether.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I say this is a hill worth fighting on.

Well, I thought it was.  Unfortunately I'll have to re-calibrate my thoughts on the subject now.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: