Author Topic: Robert Wagner is a 'person of interest' in Natalie Wood's 1981 death, investigators say  (Read 681 times)

Offline Applewood

Robert Wagner is a 'person of interest' in Natalie Wood's 1981 death, investigators say

Actor Robert Wagner, the then-husband to Hollywood star Natalie Wood, has been named a “person of interest” in the suspicious drowning death of his wife that occurred nearly four decades ago, investigators said.

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s told "48 Hours” that investigators would like to speak to Wagner about Wood’s mysterious death on Nov. 29, 1981. “48 Hours” interview with L.A. investigators is slated to air Saturday in a special titled “Natalie Wood: Death in Dark Water.”

Wood, known for her high-profile roles in “West Side Story,” “Miracle on 34th Street” and “Rebel Without a Cause,” was found dead in the water in 1981 at age 43. The Academy Award-winning actress was traveling on her family’s yacht, Splendour, with Wagner, the ship’s captain Dennis Davern and her friend, actor Christopher Walken, off the coast of Catalina Island at the time of her death.

Investigators closed the case two weeks following her death, ruling it an accident. However, the sheriff’s office re-opened the case in 2011 and changed Wood's cause of death on her certificate from “accidental drowning” to “drowning and other undetermined factors.”

Excerpted.  More at:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/02/01/robert-wagner-is-person-interest-in-natalie-woods-1981-death-investigators-say.html

Offline Frank Cannon

This is absurd. Bob is almost 90 years old and now they are going to waste time on this case again? No real crimes to investigate in LA?

Offline skeeter

This is absurd. Bob is almost 90 years old and now they are going to waste time on this case again? No real crimes to investigate in LA?

I just had this conversation with my wife. This is pure tabloid crap. I don't blame Wagner for not cooperating.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Maybe, but it is a far more interesting story than that hooker trying to take Trump down.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Maybe, but it is a far more interesting story than that hooker trying to take Trump down.

To whom? 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Idiot

Like Robert could remember every detail from so many decades ago.  Heck... I can't remember where I left my car keys...lol.  Onward fellow freepers....uh...or wherever I am...lol.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
When you are rich sometimes you get drunk and fall off a boat and die.  And sometimes you get drunk and drive off a bridge in MA and you don't.... but your passenger does. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Applewood

I'd like to see a resolution, if only to put some absurd conspiracy theories to bed.  Of course, a number of people suspect Wagner killed his wife, possibly over an alleged affair with Walken.  But I also heard some whacked out stories involving the CIA, the KGB and the Kennedys.

Of course, even if there was a solution, you know there will still be those who will stick to their favorite conspiracy theory.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
"I mean, we know now that he was the last person to be with Natalie before she disappeared."

Well since he was one of the only three other people aside from Wood on the yacht at the time and he was married to her…

“At the time of her death, Wagner, Walken and Davern told investigators Wood “took off in a dinghy and went ashore.” However, Wood said in previous statements that she was terrified of the water.”

When people are very drunk and evidently very angry, they sometimes do stupid things.

Per Wiki – “The autopsy found that Wood's blood alcohol level was 0.14%, and there were traces of two types of medication in her bloodstream: a motion-sickness pill and a painkiller, both of which increase the effects of alcohol.”

"I haven't seen him (Wagner) tell the details that match all the other witnesses in this case," Corina said. "I think he's constantly changed his story a little bit. And his version of events just don't add up."

I would think that a person’s story might change a “little bit” over time, especially after how many years now? But I guess we will have to watch the 48 Hours Special to see how Wagner’s account differs from Walken’s and the yacht captain’s. Nice way to gin up the ratings.  :whistle:

Not to mention that Wagner is 87 years old now. I’m only 57 and I’m not sure that my recounting of things that happened in 1981 would exactly match what happened in 1981 or what I told people happened in 1981. Hell at 57 sometimes I can’t recall what I had for dinner a week ago.

I understand that there is no statute of limitation on murder, but seriously?

And while they are at it, why not bring in Kirk Douglass for questioning on his alleged rape of Natalie Wood when she was 16 based on the rumors and anonymous twitter postings. I mean Douglass is now on 101 years old but he should certainly be able to submit to a police interview, detail exactly where he was at the time in detail and provide corroborating witness and defend himself.  *****rollingeyes*****
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Suppressed

Regarding bruising noted:
“She looked like a victim of an assault,” LASD Detective Ralph Hernandez told 48 Hours.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn