Author Topic: Right Before SOTU, Trump Puts an End to Obama’s Dream of Closing GITMO.. Katie Pavlich  (Read 518 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Right Before SOTU, Trump Puts an End to Obama’s Dream of Closing GITMO
Katie Pavlich
1/30/2018 10:00:00 PM - Katie Pavlich

Just minutes before entering the House chamber for his first State of the Union address to the nation, President Trump signed an executive order reversing President Obama's decision to close Guantanamo Bay Prison.

"Terrorists who do things like place bombs in civilian hospitals are evil.  When possible, we annihilate them.  When necessary, we must be able to detain and question them.  But we must be clear:  Terrorists are not merely criminals.  They are unlawful enemy combatants.  And when captured overseas, they should be treated like the terrorists they are," Trump said. "In the past, we have foolishly released hundreds of dangerous terrorists, only to meet them again on the battlefield -- including the ISIS leader, al-Baghdadi."

"I just signed an order directing Secretary Mattis to reexamine our military detention policy and to keep open the detention facilities at Guantánamo Bay," he continued.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/01/30/trump-puts-an-end-to-obamas-dream-of-closing-gitmo-n2442045
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
And an EXCELLENT move it is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
YES!  Excellent move by the President.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Agreed.  good move.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
YES!  Excellent move by the President.
@txradioguy  I am reporting both you and @Once-Ler to the mods.  Be warned.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:03:05 pm by Emjay »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

:tongue2: I ain't skeered!
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
There was a movement a while back to move all the Gitmo detainees to a Maximum Security Prison in Florence, Colorado.

The area around Canon City (where my son lives) is the Prison Capital of America and also the weather capital of America.  I sent him that sign from Walking Dead that says 'Warning - hitchhikers may be escaped prisoners.'

Anyway, the folks around there were terrified at the idea and rejected it.  It would be a huge financial boon to the area and the Gitmo prisoners would be crying for mommy in that place.

Offline mountaineer

One of the first things Odumbo said upon taking office was that he was going to close Gitmo. He had eight years and didn't do diddly about it. Some dream!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
There was a movement a while back to move all the Gitmo detainees to a Maximum Security Prison in Florence, Colorado.

The area around Canon City (where my son lives) is the Prison Capital of America and also the weather capital of America.  I sent him that sign from Walking Dead that says 'Warning - hitchhikers may be escaped prisoners.'

Anyway, the folks around there were terrified at the idea and rejected it.  It would be a huge financial boon to the area and the Gitmo prisoners would be crying for mommy in that place.

Downside as people realized is that you put a big giant jihadi target on your town and on that prison.  Especially given the number of Muslim "converts" inside the walls.

The terrorists need to stay where they are on an isolated island way out in the Caribbean where the chance of escape or a breakout from outside help is zero.

All we need to do now is start filling the place back up.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Downside as people realized is that you put a big giant jihadi target on your town and on that prison.  Especially given the number of Muslim "converts" inside the walls.

The terrorists need to stay where they are on an isolated island way out in the Caribbean where the chance of escape or a breakout from outside help is zero.

All we need to do now is start filling the place back up.

That place in Florence is scary.  I remember George W. Bush toured it once.  I don't think the prisoners there could do much, but you may be right.

Offline aligncare

LOL...Emjay, I always enjoy reading your comments, but you’ve gotta cut some slack to those folks who may have finally reached the point of accepting the fact that they might’ve been wrong about Donald Trump.

I think it’s way overdue we all come together to defeat a common enemy: the international leftists (represented at home by liberal democrats) who are working to tear down western culture and civilization and especially trying to hurt America.

My door is always open to any that will join me in that fight.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
LOL...Emjay, I always enjoy reading your comments, but you’ve gotta cut some slack to those folks who may have finally reached the point of accepting the fact that they might’ve been wrong about Donald Trump.

I think it’s way overdue we all come together to defeat a common enemy: the international leftists (represented at home by liberal democrats) who are working to tear down western culture and civilization and especially trying to hurt America.

Not wrong about him...I haven't seen any "light"...I'm just doing what I've said I will always do...praise him and support things he does right and reserve the right to criticize when he steps in it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 06:33:06 pm by txradioguy »

Offline aligncare

Not wrong about him...I haven't seen any "light"...I'm just doing what I've said I will always do...praise him and support things he does right and reserve the right to criticize when he steps in it.

I reserve that right as well. I also have criticisms of Trump. The difference between you and me however is I don’t dwell on his negatives, nor do I have my self esteem tied up in showing up Trump for all the things wrong with him as president. I prefer to talk about all the things he does right for America.

And so far, his personality – which has been so distasteful to some – has been winning the day for all.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Mine, also @aligncare   But, as Yahoo always says if they give Trump any kudos, what will he do tomorrow.

I appreciate any appreciation of what Trump is trying to do from anybody.

But, if you think either of these two guys will 'join you in that fight,' dream on.

Offline Millee

That place in Florence is scary.  I remember George W. Bush toured it once.  I don't think the prisoners there could do much, but you may be right.

I was disappointed that James Holmes was transferred out of there.  I just hope the penitentiary he was sent to is even worse.