Author Topic: 12 Low-Calorie Foods That Speed Weight Loss  (Read 614 times)

rangerrebew

12 Low-Calorie Foods That Speed Weight Loss
« on: January 31, 2018, 02:01:59 pm »
12 Low-Calorie Foods That Speed Weight Loss

If you've hit a weight loss plateau, it's time to swap in some foods that will help jump-start your slim down. Watch this video for low-calorie foods that you can eat to help you shed pounds.

http://www.health.com/health/video/0,,20973798,00.html

Offline Applewood

Re: 12 Low-Calorie Foods That Speed Weight Loss
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 03:58:31 pm »
I've seen several articles like this in the past.  The number of foods though is usually 2, 3 or 4. 

Honestly, in my experience, no specific food can speed weight loss or get it moving again when the scale gets stuck.  Those of us with weight problems just have to eat sensibly, consume fewer calories and burn as many calories as we can. 

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 04:08:21 pm »
Our metabolisms are more complex than most people think.   Most people think eat less to lose weight and to a certain point that is true.

However, our body tries to protect us and makes adjustments to how it uses the foods we eat.   Simply cutting calories isn't the whole answer to lose weight safely.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 04:43:58 pm »
I've seen several articles like this in the past.  The number of foods though is usually 2, 3 or 4. 

Honestly, in my experience, no specific food can speed weight loss or get it moving again when the scale gets stuck.  Those of us with weight problems just have to eat sensibly, consume fewer calories and burn as many calories as we can. 

I find this assessment to be absolutely untrue.

I go through phases of *top* fitness to slightly blah. (By slightly, I mean, loss 10-15 lbs, gain 6-8 pounds of muscle mass, and I'm back in top physical shape.)

If I want to become fit again, my process is pretty simple:

1) Start with an extremely moderate exercise regimen for ~2 weeks. This typically starts with me doing this 6 minute kettlebell routine until I'm not sore any more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOyZxI2Zs5w

Then I add in this six minute ab routine (with breaks in between iterations to alleviate the soreness)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOMAHOJxXM

Then I put 20 minutes on the elliptical after the exercises.

2) By week three, I'm adding 30 pushups, 12 bent over one arm rows (each side), and 10 pullups before each segment and at the end. If you need to assist, or use a band for the pullups, do it.

3) By week four, I'm into a structured program, like P90X or P90X3. I usually only need about 4 weeks of this before the change is immensely apparent. By week six, I'm getting in great shape. If I follow through the whole 90 days, I'm in top shape.

4) BUT HERE IS THE KEY... On week three or so, I switch to a low carb diet. I will eat 2500+ low carb calories a day, but I'll still drop a pound a day for about two weeks before the weight loss stabilizes. Frankly, the first time I did it, I was shocked at how quickly the weight came off using low carb with a moderate exercise regimen.

Bottom line: Low carb works. It works really, really well.

Ancillary point: Exercise, dammit. Get a light kettlebell and do that six minute workout. You'll be surprised that after two weeks, your body starts to crave more, More, MORE. But you have to do it every day, no excuses. (Maybe one rest day a week.)
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!