Author Topic: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread  (Read 16733 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
#SOTU 2018 Live Thread
« on: January 31, 2018, 12:09:20 am »
Live thread

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: #SOTU 2018 Live Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 12:13:57 am »
Wut?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 12:21:50 am »
Wut?

I have put my prediction in here twice:  President Trump will release the Intelligence memo the day before, day of or day after the SOTU speech. 

:cool:
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 12:23:15 am »
I have put my prediction in here twice:  President Trump will release the Intelligence memo the day before, day of or day after the SOTU speech. 

:cool:

Well two days down, one to go. If he doesn't do it tomorrow, I'll be forced to make fun of you.

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 12:25:23 am »
For lurkers, a bit of info.

The SOTU is a Constitutional mandated speech.  Article 2 section 3:
He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient...

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 12:26:57 am »

Democratic lawmakers, and some men too, show off their ensembles for tonight's State of the Union speech as they show their support for the 'Me Too' movement. President Trump was previously accused of sexual assault
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 12:28:45 am »

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient...

The speech isn't mandated. Trump could write "Good" on a used cocktail napkin with a dirty fingernail and submit it to congress and that would suffice.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2018, 12:31:33 am »
Democratic lawmakers, and some men too, show off their ensembles for tonight's State of the Union speech as they show their support for the 'Me Too' movement. President Trump was previously accused of sexual assault

Those corpses don't look any different than they normally do and just like every other time they pull a lame stunt, no one will care.

BTW how many sex offenders are standing around in the background of that photo?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2018, 12:35:35 am »

Yes, and until Woodrow Wilson, it was a simple affair and written down.  Thomas Jefferson reduced it to writing because appearing before the Congress with all the pomp and circumstance appeared too imperial for him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2018, 12:36:13 am »

The SOTU is not a mandated speech.  The President is mandated to give information from time to time to Congress.  It could just as legally be done by a written report.

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2018, 12:36:55 am »
The speech isn't mandated. Trump could write "Good" on a used cocktail napkin with a dirty fingernail and submit it to congress and that would suffice.

True, I probably should have said report instead of speech. It doesn't say how often or what form. Tradition has made it this day each year except swearing in years.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2018, 12:37:28 am »

Trump to call for 'new American moment'
By Jordan Fabian - 01/30/18 06:51 PM EST

President Trump will declare a “new American moment” during his State of the Union address Tuesday night, and call on both parties to work together to tackle the nation’s biggest problems.

“This is our new American moment,” Trump plans to say, according to excerpts released by the White House. “There has never been a better time to start living the American dream.”

Trump said Tuesday he is seeking to offer a message of unity to lawmakers and people around the country after his tumultuous first year in office.

The president plans to call on Congress to pass bipartisan fixes on immigration and start work on a massive infrastructure proposal.

“Tonight I am extending an open hand to work with members of both parties, Democrats and Republicans, to protect our citizens of every background, color and creed," he will say.

The president will also highlight his accomplishments, including passage of the “biggest tax cuts and reform in American history,” eliminating regulations, ending the “war on clean coal” and gains against the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

“The coalition to defeat ISIS has liberated almost 100 percent of the territory once held by these killers in Iraq and Syria,” Trump plans to say. “But there is much more work to be done. We will continue our fight until ISIS is defeated.”

The president will also take a veiled shot at former President Obama’s approach toward fighting international terrorist groups.

“Past experience has taught us that complacency and concessions only invite aggression and provocation. I will not repeat the mistakes of the past administrations that got us into this dangerous position,” he will say.

Updated at 7:01 p.m.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/371502-trump-to-call-for-new-american-moment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 12:41:48 am »
I wonder how many times the GOP side of the aisle will get off their a$$es while applauding.

Mitch McConnell said that he's shocked with President Trump's 1st year....that it's the most Conservative-agenda driven administration he's seen in his 30 years in Washington.

And if there was a "shooting the moon" emoji, ya'll know who's getting a ping.    :laugh:

MAGA!!      :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 12:49:05 am »

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 12:57:35 am »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 01:10:37 am »

...and the democrat left and a few straggler nt’s show their overwhelming disrespect for the president by putting on this ‘resistance’ circus. They lost a freaking election, get over it already.

« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 01:12:16 am »
Patrick Hussion(OANN)-
10 year-old Preston Sharp meets Pres. Trump in the Oval Office as an honored guest at the #StateOfTheUnion. Preston has organized the placement of more than 40,000 American flags & flowers on soldiers’ graves, as part of his goal to honor veterans in all 50 states. @OANN

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 01:17:09 am »
IMHO -- here it comes ... I'll refrain until I hear the entire speech ....

...The president plans to call on Congress to pass bipartisan fixes on immigration and start work on a massive infrastructure proposal.

“Tonight I am extending an open hand to work with members of both parties, Democrats and Republicans, to protect our citizens of every background, color and creed," he will say.........
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 01:19:38 am »
IMHO -- here it comes ... I'll refrain until I hear the entire speech ....

...The president plans to call on Congress to pass bipartisan fixes on immigration and start work on a massive infrastructure proposal.

“Tonight I am extending an open hand to work with members of both parties, Democrats and Republicans, to protect our citizens of every background, color and creed," he will say.........

The press has already written up their reviews, they will call it "Dark".

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 01:22:49 am »
Liberals and male feminists are the biggest sexual offenders and rapists out there.

Online corbe

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 01:24:15 am »
   Maybe he'll expound on that $1.7T Infrastructure package he's got planned. I was under the impression we were broke.  :shrug:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 01:25:52 am »
Alrighty ... enjoy the speech, folks. 

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 01:28:37 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 01:33:44 am »
   Maybe he'll expound on that $1.7T Infrastructure package he's got planned. I was under the impression we were broke.  :shrug:

I'm hoping he's going to expound on that as well ... I'd love to know specifically and exactly what areas of the country does the infrastructure package involve.  Ya we're broke ...and I'd love to know specifically and exactly how we're going to pay for it.  You know darn well, he's going to be making a boat load of money off of this one. Let's see ... he's open to amnesty now and wants a slush fund for the border wall .... any guesses anyone?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 01:37:02 am »
Meh.  These SOTU threads are never going to be as hilarious and as fun as they were when His Heinous helped create the ultimate drinking parties.

I mean, when you have to down a shot every single time Bammy said 'I' or 'That's not who we are' - you were drunk fifteen minutes going into the speech.

And of course - the commentary is not going to be as humorous.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Slip18

• idiot savant
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 01:40:53 am »
"Well two days down, one to go. If he doesn't do it tomorrow, I'll be forced to make fun of you."

Make fun all you want, Mr. C!  I have big shoulders.  LOL!
"It's fun; baseball's fun."  Yogi Berra