Author Topic: TV Ratings: Grammy Awards Hit All-Time Low in Key Demo  (Read 605 times)

Offline Applewood

TV Ratings: Grammy Awards Hit All-Time Low in Key Demo
« on: January 30, 2018, 04:54:49 pm »
TV Ratings: Grammy Awards Hit All-Time Low in Key Demo

UPDATED: Viewership of Sunday’s 60th annual Grammy Awards is down significantly from the 2017 telecast, nabbing the smallest audience in the show’s history in the key demo.

In addition, the three and a half hour awards show is averaged a 5.9 rating in adults 18-49 and 19.8 million viewers, according to time zone adjusted numbers. Last year’s show drew a 7.8 and 26.1 million, meaning the 2018 Grammys are down approximately 24 percent in both measures.

The show in Nielsen’s overnight metered markets averaged 12.7 household rating and 21 share in the 56 overnight metered markets, which cover about 70% of U.S. TV households. That’s down from a 16 household rating for the 2017 telecast.

Despite the drop, the Grammy telecast that handed big wins to hitmaker Bruno Mars still gathered a big crowd that will rank among TV’s most-watched events of the year.

More at:

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/grammy-awards-viewership-ratings-down-bruno-mars-1202680032/

Offline Applewood

Re: TV Ratings: Grammy Awards Hit All-Time Low in Key Demo
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 04:57:22 pm »
I don't know.  Still sounds like the Grammys still drew viewers anyway.  Headline may be misleading. 

I just know I didn't watch.  As with the Academy Awards and the Golden Globes, I don't recognize most of the nominees or the winners anyway.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 03:20:50 am »
I haven't watched an awards show in about thirty years of more. I simply can't remember the last one I watched. I don't know the works of any of the ..uh...."artists" who produce noise, and most of the new movies I've seen are garbage. I did see "Dunkirk" and that was a good flick. I'd like to see the Churchill movie as well.
But it seems for many ordinary, older Americans newly produced music and movies are not directed at us. I certainly will not patronize anti-America movies or listen to rap, hip hop, or other noise.
But I like life. There's plenty of older recorded music in a variety of genres that I can listen and plenty of old movies as well. I can do without modern "culture" just fine.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 11:06:57 pm »
I'd like to see the Churchill movie as well.

@goatprairie

It was very good, even if some adpects are fictional.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn