Author Topic: Despite promises to cut back, fed and state governments press asset forfeitures  (Read 439 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/29/despite-promises-to-cut-back-fed-and-state-governments-press-asset-forfeitures.html

A three-time Rotary Club "Ambassador of the Year," Alabama car dealer Jamey Vibbert was a hometown hero - until being branded a felon.

His alleged crime: selling two cars reportedly purchased with drug money, which in the eyes of an Alabama prosecutor made him a money launderer, guilty of "taking dirty money."

Vibbert was arrested on June 24, 2015, and $25,097 taken from his bank account. His mug shot was plastered in the local newspaper and Facebook accounts. His two-million-dollar-a-year business was out-of-business.

“No one wanted to buy from us,” Vibbert told Fox News. “People whispered, ‘You buy from them, you go to jail.’ It cost us our business.”
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Suppressed

I remember running stories about this in my newspaper 30 years ago.  I can't believe we're still allowing it.

The federal government needs to be reined in on this, as well as the states.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

This is a total shit article. First it says promises were made to cut back this nonsense yet doesn't cite anywhere that it has been promised by anyone. Secondly they cite shit that happened in 2015 twice as evidence this is ramped up today. Hidden in the article is the only current information that says states are making this illegal. Barnini Chakraborty is a crack head asshat.

Offline driftdiver

This is a total shit article. First it says promises were made to cut back this nonsense yet doesn't cite anywhere that it has been promised by anyone. Secondly they cite shit that happened in 2015 twice as evidence this is ramped up today. Hidden in the article is the only current information that says states are making this illegal. Barnini Chakraborty is a crack head asshat.

@Frank Cannon
If you go to the end it talks about how Alabama is pushing a bill to require criminal conviction before forfeiture.

Offline driftdiver

Also, Sessions has announced he is pushing asset forfeiture.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon
If you go to the end it talks about how Alabama is pushing a bill to require criminal conviction before forfeiture.

Hence the part where I said that states are making this practice illegal, but it is only 2 sentences in an entire disjointed shit piece.

Offline driftdiver

Hence the part where I said that states are making this practice illegal, but it is only 2 sentences in an entire disjointed shit piece.

@Frank Cannon

You expect a pulitzer or something?   You need a drink.

Offline Frank Cannon

@Frank Cannon

You expect a pulitzer or something?   You need a drink.

No. I'm tired of mentally defective people with journalism degrees pumping out garbage like this that has a title saying one thing and then doesn't get anywhere near it in the body of the piece.

Offline driftdiver

No. I'm tired of mentally defective people with journalism degrees pumping out garbage like this that has a title saying one thing and then doesn't get anywhere near it in the body of the piece.

@Frank Cannon
Do what I do, read books.   The writing is better and they are both fiction.