Author Topic: Rod Rosenstein Is Shirking His Duty to Supervise Robert Mueller  (Read 416 times)

Offline endicom

Rod Rosenstein Is Shirking His Duty to Supervise Robert Mueller
« on: January 29, 2018, 09:32:32 pm »
National Review
Andrew C. McCarthy
Jan. 29, 2018

A self-absorbed, unrestrained prosecutor can do a lot of harm.

Let’s say I’m an assistant United States attorney in, oh I don’t know, Montana. I get to work one morning and I say to myself, “Self, you know what would be really interesting? Why, to ask Barack Obama some questions.”

Sure, there are a lot of people who’d like to do that — Obama’s a very interesting guy. But see, I’m not just “a lot of people.” I’m a federal prosecutor, just like Special Counsel Robert Mueller. Thanks to this nifty federal grand jury we’ve empaneled here in Montana, I’ve got subpoena power, just like Mueller.

Let’s back up a bit. After my weekend column, it occurred to me that a hypothetical was in order, to demonstrate the sorts of things a self-absorbed, unrestrained prosecutor can do.

More... http://www.nationalreview.com/article/455869/robert-mueller-investigation-rod-rosenstein-shirks-his-supervising-role

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Rod Rosenstein Is Shirking His Duty to Supervise Robert Mueller
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 09:43:05 pm »
Trump has no one representing his side. Sessions is constantly in his locked office hiding under his desk, and Rosenstein is either afraid of, or in support of Mueller.

Trump and his personal lawyers are on their own. They have no support from DOJ.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:51:12 pm »
Word on the street is that Rosenstein is up to his eyeballs in this corruption and cover-up. I wouldn't be surprised if his resignation is written and waiting in his top desk drawer.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 10:10:46 pm »
Trump has no one representing his side.

Amazing, isn't it?

There are some people in Congress putting up a fight but they do apparently have little clout. I hope I'm wrong about the clout.